Delta Airlines throws man off plane for speaking Arabic

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Typical case of political incorrect people getting angrier at the reaction than the action.

not angry in the slightest: simply pointing out the obvious. And what is politically incorrect about sympathising for this situation?

I completly empathize with these young men as the same humiliation has happened to me at airports many times since 9/11 just because I have a Muslim name

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
not angry in the slightest: simply pointing out the obvious. And what is politically incorrect about sympathising for this situation?

I completly empathize with these young men as the same humiliation has happened many times to me since 9/11 just because I have a Muslim name
You misunderstood me.

I'm saying there are a lot of people in this thread angrier at the prankster than the issue of racial/xenophobic actions taken by airlines... Which happens a lot. Regardless of whether this was a prank that deserved ejection or not.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You misunderstood me.

I'm saying there are a lot of people in this thread angrier at the prankster than the issue of racial/xenophobic actions taken by airlines... Which happens a lot. Regardless of whether this was a prank that deserved ejection or not.
Apologies!!!!

Yes I agree with you - his past has nothing whatsoever to do with this specific incident - it's classic subterfuge to throw the public reaction in a different direction.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You misunderstood me.

The lack of anger is because there's zero evidence of any of this in this instance. Apart from the word of a proven attention-seeker with a track record of trying to wind up airline staff. It's interesting the way someone who loves filming everything he does only turns on his camera when he's already on his way out of the plane. Which speaks volumes about the level of provocation from him up until that point.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Being an Arab, this made the rounds very quickly among my family/friends and has been met with the same blanket 'OMG HOW DARE THEY - SHARE THIS VIDEO!!11!!' response.

However, taking a closer look, this guy looks like a grade a tool in most of his videos who basically loves the limelight.

Will wait for further info on this specific incident before blaming any one party though.

Kag

Why should anyone be aggravated if somebody counts from 10 to 1 in Arabic? I'm interested to know why.
Counting from 10 to 1 on an aeroplane in any language would be more than enough to make some flyers feel more nervous about their journey.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
If you're talking about his other videos on a plane, they're largely click bait with little substance in actually aggrivating people.
Everybody knows that an aeropolane is the last place you should do any kind of WUM. Security issues aside, you've got loads of tired people crammed into a small space where they can't get away from someone who is acting up. I wouldn't have a problem with the annoying twat being walked off for any of his previous videos either.

saivet

Everybody knows that an aeropolane is the last place you should do any kind of WUM. Security issues aside, you've got loads of tired people crammed into a small space where they can't get away from someone who is acting up. I wouldn't have a problem with the annoying twat being walked off for any of his previous videos either.
Largely agree not the place, but if he got kicked off for what he did in his previous video that wouldn't have been right. You'd see him kicked off for wearing Arab clothing on a flight from the US to Dubai?

The only questionable video is where he's counting in Arabic and the fella behind him gets involved and he pretty quickly realises the guy is joking.

Wouldn't surprise me if he took it too far yesterday, but his previous plane videos are seem pretty minor.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Largely agree not the place, but if he got kicked off for what he did in his previous video that wouldn't have been right. You'd see him kicked off for wearing Arab clothing on a flight from the US to Dubai?

The only questionable video is where he's counting in Arabic and the fella behind him gets involved and he pretty quickly realises the guy is joking.

Wouldn't surprise me if he took it too far yesterday, but his previous plane videos are seem pretty minor.
Actually, I'm just being provocative. I haven't watched the other videos! Just despise people who do stupid "pranks" for youtube clicks and a plane is an absolutely moronic location to do one.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Bigots don't need an excuse to be bigots.
Of course not but they'll be delighted they now have evidence of two manufactured incidents of anti-Muslim bigotry exposed in a week.

The Firestarter

I'd be nervous if anyone counted down from 10-1 in any language whilst on an airplane.
Such kind of "pranks" deserve lifetime ban from flying. They have no place in an already stressful-enough environment.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
So in reality two idiots behaved in a way designed to get themselves thrown off the flight (and not just speaking in Arabic) then try to make a big deal out of it and make it seem like the other passengers and the crew were racist. to top it all off the guy is a known prankster who pulls all sorts of stupid stunts.

So yeah the guys an idiot, got what he deserved, any charges of racism/bias are bullshit.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Such kind of "pranks" deserve lifetime ban from flying. They have no place in an already stressful-enough environment.
Totally agree. If I was Delta, I'd send his information to all major US carriers and recommend a lifetime ban. Let him travel on randomly unavailable smaller carriers the next time he needs to fly coast to coast.

Last edited:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
You misunderstood me.

Why shouldn't we look down on this guy? Even if the airline has been racist in other situations what is wrong with judging this situation based on the facts we know? The guys an idiot, he behaved like an idiot, people get thrown off of flights all the time for disruptive behavior it just usually does not make the news.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why shouldn't we look down on this guy? Even if the airline has been racist in other situations what is wrong with judging this situation based on the facts we know? The guys an idiot, he behaved like an idiot, people get thrown off of flights all the time for disruptive behavior it just usually does not make the news.
What facts do we have so far?

There are his claims and those of airline. Looks like you have made a judgement before facts have been corroborated.

My personal experiences help me see how his story is true.

His past has nothing to do with his current allegations.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Totally agree. If I was Delta, I'd send his information to all major US carriers and recommend a lifetime ban. Let him travel on randomly unavailable smaller carriers the next time he needs to fly coast to coast.
Because he spoke Arabic on this plane or because he spoke Arabic on previous flights?

2cents

Scout

There are his claims and those of airline. Looks like you have made a judgement before facts have been corroborated.

You've been kicked off a plane for speaking Arabic on the phone to your mother?

PepsiCola

There's a lengthy Reddit post (with evidence of also being in the flight) and fellow passengers have been interviewed.

By the sounds of it Adam was filming another prank, being a douche about it too. Got caught out and I guess he looked to make most of the situation.

I mean apply some critical thinking. The guy exploits racial tension and islamaphobia for a living with his stupid prank videos. Some of his old tweets that have come to the fore don't paint him in a positive manner either.

He looked to film a prank, got caught out and decided to take advantage of the situation.

I'm annoyed he's trivialised a very real issue. It has happened in the past and it will happen again, future cases are less likely to be taken as serious. It's a shame this punk garnered so much attention for being 'famous' when so many legitimate cases go unnoticed.

Edit - forgot to mention that Adam has used racist terms (in particular a very while term against darker skinned people) in previous videos and has made rape jokes in the past. All round dickhead.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK

The facts we have are this guy is a renouned dumbass prankster who fakes videos for the benefit of views and attention.

We also have a video which began at a point of no context, thus it's difficult to know what actually happened.

I'd say it's quite likely that he has been kicked off the plane for causing havoc and chaos in an already stressful environment, based on what we know about the idiot so far.

I think you're letting your personal experiences cloud your judgment. He may be not exaggerating his case, but it's difficult to believe his word when you realise what this guy is all about.

Witchking

Because he spoke Arabic on this plane or because he spoke Arabic on previous flights?
You are creating a debate where there is none. It's quite obvious that you did not even bother to verify what the reality might be before creating this thread blindly accusing the airline of being racist nor did you bother to look at the angles that people have mentioned in this thread. Carry on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You've been kicked off a plane for speaking Arabic on the phone to your mother?
Not exact same circumstances but I have experienced unfounded allegations at US and European airports, I can only assume because I am Muslim and have a Muslim surname.

Several times my non Muslims colleagues who were travelling with me have been utterly shocked and apologied on behalf of humanity for such humiliation. My multinational employer once even lodged an official complaint to the chairman of BA and issued a worldwide directive to all global staff not to use them for 4 months until a suitable apology was offered.

Maybe no one on here knows what it's like to be a Muslim male who flies alot. Until you know what it is like, you'll never understand.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You are creating a debate where there is none. It's quite obvious that you did not even bother to verify what the reality might be before creating this thread blindly accusing the airline of being racist nor did you bother to look at the angles that people have mentioned in this thread. Carry on.
Actually I have checked with details and counter opinions. Have you?

Witchking

Ridiculous. Your past experiences helped you come to the conclusion that what he says is true yet his past experiences of being a douche bag is not relevant in this case.

2cents

Scout
Not exact same circumstances but I have experienced unfounded allegations at US and European airports, I can only assume because I am Muslim and have a Muslim surname.

Several times my non Muslims colleagues who were travelling with me have been utterly shocked and apologied on behalf of humanity for such humiliation. My multinational employer once even lodged an official complaint to the chairman of BA and issued a worldwide directive to all global staff not to use them for 4 months until a suitable apology was offered.

Maybe no one on here knows what it's like to be a Muslim male who flies alot. Until you know what it is like, you'll never understand.
I'll take it then your answer is "no".

My own personal experience of hundreds of flights with Arabs on board, including in America, is that nobody has ever been thrown off a flight simply for speaking Arabic. I'll wager that is the same personal experience of everybody else on this forum.

(edit): by the way, do you not see how arseholes like this and Yasmin Seweid do irreparable damage to the cause of investigating and bringing an end to legitimate grievances such as your own?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's a lengthy Reddit post (with evidence of also being in the flight) and fellow passengers have been interviewed.

By the sounds of it Adam was filming another prank, being a douche about it too. Got caught out and I guess he looked to make most of the situation.

I mean apply some critical thinking. The guy exploits racial tension and islamaphobia for a living with his stupid prank videos. Some of his old tweets that have come to the fore don't paint him in a positive manner either.

He looked to film a prank, got caught out and decided to take advantage of the situation.

I'm annoyed he's trivialised a very real issue. It has happened in the past and it will happen again, future cases are less likely to be taken as serious. It's a shame this punk garnered so much attention for being 'famous' when so many legitimate cases go unnoticed.

Edit - forgot to mention that Adam has used racist terms (in particular a very while term against darker skinned people) in previous videos and has made rape jokes in the past. All round dickhead.
I've read the reddit file. Who is to say those interviewed on flight are the exact same who reported him?

The airline will go into damage limitation mode with carefully pre prepared directives. I know the drill very well.

I'm choosing to believe Adam Saleh and not Delta or some of its passengers

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nothing to do with Arabic. This sounds like a massive prank gone wrong. If he did it for YouTube views then he should be banned from flying on all airlines.

MTF

Don't make the mistake of bringing an infantile prankster aboard your justified call for fair treatment. It weakens your case.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ridiculous. Your past experiences helped you come to the conclusion that what he says is true yet his past experiences of being a douche bag is not relevant in this case.
He is a Doucebag for highlighting that Islamaphobia is alive and well? I'll ask wiki to amend their definitikn for the word then

2cents

Scout
He is a Doucebag for highlighting that Islamaphobia is alive and well? I'll ask wiki to amend their definitikn for the word then
It's because of guys like this that many people will choose not to take Islamophobia seriously. You're enabling them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nothing to do with Arabic. This sounds like a massive prank gone wrong. If he did it for YouTube views then he should be banned from flying on all airlines.
Agree 100% with latter point, if it was a prank gone wrong for YouTube views, he should be sanctioned on harshest possible way.

I just don't think it was and can see how it could happen like he claims.

NinjaFletch

Becuase I don't agree with you?

Erm OK then!
Well no. For the post I quoted, and many of your others in here.

As it happens I tend to agree with your general point. Issues of Islamaphobia and racism do happen in airports and on airlines and are deplorable and horrible and should be called out. And situations like that one being claimed here are absolutely not impossible, but you can't just fly off the handle and accuse everyone that thinks that a person with a history of youtube 'pranks' and whose livelihood depends on being in the public eye of just not getting it for thinking there is more to the issue than meets the eye.

You can chose to believe this guys versions of events if you so wish, but I think its disingenuous to argue that the case is so clear cut that everybody that doesn't see it your way just can't 'understand'.