Delta Airlines throws man off plane for speaking Arabic

Suedesi

feck those cnuts, I hope they're put on the no-fly list.

Sammsky quit your whining. It's Christmas time, busiest time of the year for flying, dumb TSA people are on edge, lines in front of security move slower/est, travelers get annoyed, and then this idiot yells fire in a crowded theater. It doesn't fecken help. Way to trivialize Islamophobia and racism.

Runner

Nobody is arguing that racial profiling doesn't happen and that it's not terrible when it does happen. However, this guy has previous been outed for making fake racial profiling videos. It's difficult to sympathize with him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well no. For the post I quoted, and many of your others in here.

As it happens I tend to agree with your general point. Issues of Islamaphobia and racism do happen in airports and on airlines and are deplorable and horrible and should be called out. And situations like that one being claimed here are absolutely not impossible, but you can't just fly off the handle and accuse everyone that thinks that a person with a history of youtube 'pranks' and whose livelihood depends on being in the public eye of just not getting it for thinking there is more to the issue than meets the eye.

You can chose to believe this guys versions of events if you so wish, but I think its disingenuous to argue that the case is so clear cut that everybody that doesn't see it your way just can't 'understand'.
Thanks for explanation.

It's terrible if it's true, and it's terrible if it's fake. If it's true I want to see Delta held accountable, and if it's fake I want Adam held accountable.

I'm choosing to believe Adam right now. I may be wrong, but even if I am, this instance has highlighted a genuine and existing issue of discrimination faced by many innocent people over last year's.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
feck those cnuts, I hope they're put on the no-fly list.

Sammsky quit your whining. It's Christmas time, busiest time of the year for flying, dumb TSA people are on edge, lines in front of security move slower/est, travelers get annoyed, and then this idiot yells fire in a crowded theater. It doesn't fecken help. Way to trivialize Islamophobia and racism.
My turkey has arrived and I've just placed it in my rosemary, lemon and spiced brine!

Happy holidays :)

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There have been other instances of airlines in the US being discriminatory towards Muslim passengers. The actions of one eejit shouldn't stop a holistic view of the situation. Was he thrown off the plane because Delta sussed out he was a prankster? What were those people at the back jeering him for?

Seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions on this one, on opposite sides...
His kind (Youtube pranksters, not muslims) have lost their benefit of the doubt. What he does is get thrown out of planes and when he says he was thrown out because he spoke Arabic he suddenly gets a lot of publicity? Hmm...

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Two people act in a disruptive way, get kicked off the plane for being disruptive and it highlights what? Actually what it highlights, as so many other cases do, that if you behave like a dick on a plane there is a very good chance you will get kicked off the plane regardless of your race, religion, what language you are speaking.

We see all sorts of stories of drunks being removed from planes because they cause disruption. We see stories of people who are just idiots getting kicked off planes for being disruptive.

What it proves is that if you are disruptive on a plane, you might get removed from the flight.

Bebe

The way the guy argues isn't exactly helping his case. "Because white people are scared of bearded arab men?" Yelling what basically amounts to a youtube comment repeatedly wasn't going to stop them being thrown off. Perhaps if he'd calmly explained that he was talking to his mom or whatever the case was, rather than crying racism/islamophobia, things would have ended differently. His actions seem very much like they were intended to cause a scene rather than stay on the flight.

Of course they could have tried that before the video was recorded, but in general based on what's been shown I'm skeptical to say the least.

JustAFan

Some other stories of passengers being removed. Some with legit seeming reasons, some without (in the interest of being fair)

http://abcnews.go.com/International...ed-brussels-airlines-flight/story?id=43674110

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/...om-alaska-flight-for-harassing-attendant.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/passenger-dragged-off-delta-flight-detroit-police-2016-12

http://abcnews.go.com/US/passengers...-flight-suspicious-activity/story?id=35253575

http://nypost.com/2014/12/25/plane-passenger-tossed-after-angry-reaction-to-merry-christmas/

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37315488

Delta actually banning a disruptive passenger from the airline. It was a Trump supporter also.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/b...pporter-for-life-after-rude-remarks.html?_r=0

Possible discrimination

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/...d-from-flight-after-apparent-overbooking.html

And to be fair one in which it actually seems a young man not trying to pull a prank and get kicked off was actually kicked off for speaking Arabic. Which proves we don't need idiot pranksters to highlight the issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/17/us/southwest-muslim-passenger-removed/index.html

I did a couple of searches on disruptive passengers and these are the first ones to come up. This is not meant to represent all the reasons nor an accurate representation of the split between legit ones and ones done for other reasons (racism for example).

Abizzz

Could we have a title change into: "Delta Airlines throws youtuber off plane for speaking arabic" ?

We've become way too generous with the term "Man".

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Two people act in a disruptive way, get kicked off the plane for being disruptive and it highlights what? Actually what it highlights, as so many other cases do, that if you behave like a dick on a plane there is a very good chance you will get kicked off the plane regardless of your race, religion, what language you are speaking.

We see all sorts of stories of drunks being removed from planes because they cause disruption. We see stories of people who are just idiots getting kicked off planes for being disruptive.

What it proves is that if you are disruptive on a plane, you might get removed from the flight.
Key question for is why he was being disruptive. Its very very very difficult to remain emotionally calm if you are subjected to humiliation, especially for your race, religion or other things that define your identity.

MTF

Key question for is why he was being disruptive. Its very very very difficult to remain emotionally calm if you are subjected to humiliation, especially for your race, religion or other things that define your identity.
The character evidence seems to indicate that being disruptive is his day job.

bpet15

He is a Doucebag for highlighting that Islamaphobia is alive and well? I'll ask wiki to amend their definitikn for the word then
What are you on about? If this is strictly a racist or Islamaphobic issue for you - you have missed the plot.

A prank like this is akin to a black guy going into a liquor store, holding the cashier up with a water gun and then crying racism when the cops show up.

JustAFan

We know why he was being disruptive so he could make a youtube video and get publicity.

JustAFan

First 30 seconds or so show short info from passengers what was going on.

:lol: How anyone can believe Saleh's story at this point, given all the other things he has also faked? But hey 60 some million voted for Trump and a shitload voted for Brexit, so we know stupid people do and believe stupid things.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Like idiot Trump supporters who get taken in by his BS, people are willing to believe and stick with anything that supports their pre-existing beliefs no matter how much evidence is placed in front of them.
:lol: How anyone can believe Saleh's story at this point, given all the other things he has also faked? But hey 60 some million voted for Trump and a shitload voted for Brexit, so we know stupid people do and believe stupid things.
bitterness at its best. You really have your head deep into your own asshole.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Please enlighten whats bitter about those posts.
Because you can say exactly the same for Hillary supporters...

Until he understands Republicans and Democrats are exactly the same shit with different smell, that they both answer to the same people (their bigger donors), USA gonna keep going through this path of hate and division. ("divide and conquer"... you might have heard of it before.)

Republicans and Democrats followers are making it so easy for the establishment to control everything, its fecking sad.

JustAFan

Because you can say exactly the same for Hillary supporters...

Until he understands Republicans and Democrats are exactly the same shit with different smell, that they both answer to the same people (their bigger donors), USA gonna keep going through this path of hate and division. ("divide and conquer"... you might have heard of it before.)

Republicans and Democrats followers are making it so easy for the establishment to control everything, its fecking sad.
None of which really has anything to do with what I said, since I actually made no claim about Hillary supporters being smart either. I just picked two recent cases of mass stupidity as examples. Again nice try, thanks for playing. :houllier::rolleyes:

Especially weird when it seems the one trying to create a divide is the youtube prankster in this case.