Denzel Dumfries

Deery

Dreary
Looks class, could actually be a right back to rival City and Pool’s.

Rolaholic

Was he the one who started for Holland at RB in the Euros 2020 or was it another bloke? I vaguely remember i was very impressed with their RB in that tournament
It's him, he had an impressive tourney. Helped him earn a move to Inter.

Him and Spinazzola for Italy, before injury, were the standout FB's

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably reminds me most of Valencia. Nothing special, but reliable, fast, strong, hard worker, can move with the ball, and will have good off the ball movement to give us overlapping width. I'd be all for it as I actually quite liked Valencia at right back for a while there. Was fantastic for LvG and at the start of Mourinho's time here if I recall? Price seems OK too.

Kyle Walker was seen as a bit mediocre for a while until Pep coached him too. Was all pace and strength and work rate.

Red Daz

Want, he’ll get bum’s off seats , anything other than the bore fest of last season, same reason I want Anthony, he’s raw but he’ll excite for sure

Joeycha88

Was he the one who started for Holland at RB in the Euros 2020 or was it another bloke? I vaguely remember i was very impressed with their RB in that tournament
Yes he was! He was very impressive especially in the attacking end.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
To be clear: he's worse with the ball at his feet than Wan-Bissaka

Adamsk7

To be clear: he's worse with the ball at his feet than Wan-Bissaka
No way. Just watch that video above. I don’t believe in compilations much but it does show absolutely that he’s miles better than AWB on the ball (and light years ahead off it). Check the crosses and passes - he actually looks! And he picks out his man! and let’s not forget he’s actually in that position to make the cross in the first place.

Personally I’d love him here - he’s all action, has amazing strength, stamina, physicality, great in the air and is mentally prepared for a fight every game. I genuinely think if we are looking for a right back that’s available and not too expensive, he’s the best option.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Not got far into the video yet, but 'Weaknesses: Crossing & Tackling'? Not ideal for a RB/RWB :lol:
The summary intro is abit sh*t. It says he's a CB but he's clearly playing as a right-back/ wing-back.
Plus, his crossing seems pretty good. I see numerous assists in the video. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No way. Just watch that video above. I don’t believe in compilations much but it does show absolutely that he’s miles better than AWB on the ball (and light years ahead off it). Check the crosses and passes - he actually looks! And he picks out his man! and let’s not forget he’s actually in that position to make the cross in the first place.
Dude, i watch Inter. That compilation there? That's not indicative of how good a passer/crosser he is - that's quite literally every decent/good pass/cross he made this season. You couldn't make a bigger compilation of his passing because there are no other good passes to show

He is *fantastic* off the ball though

Andrew7582

Personally I’d love him here - he’s all action, has amazing strength, stamina, physicality, great in the air and is mentally prepared for a fight every game. I genuinely think if we are looking for a right back that’s available and not too expensive, he’s the best option.
Why don't you trust the opinion of people who watch him week in week out, it will get you closer to the truth of the player than a compilation video which only shows good moments.

Adamsk7

Why don't you trust the opinion of people who watch him week in week out, it will get you closer to the truth of the player than a compilation video which only shows good moments.
I’ve watched him a lot. I’ve seen him in all the euros, I’ve seen him in various Inter games this season, where he has been a bit up and down in performances, and I’ve watched him for the Netherlands in these current nations league games. I don’t doubt that he’s not necessarily brilliant at any of the things he does in that compilation but it does show that he CAN do those things.

I honestly think people have forgot how bad Wan Bissaka is on the ball. He doesn’t even shift his feet like a footballer. Reminds me of having a kickabout with mates and a new guy gets invited and you kick him the ball, take one look at his body positioning and just know it’s no dice.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Denzel is awesome, but he is quite bad technically. He's one of those players where before every move, everyone is convinced he won't make it. He broke through quite late and took gradual (albeit quickly) steps in level from Sparta > Heerenveen > PSV > Inter. At every stage everyone thought it would be above his level, but somehow it never is.

In a nutshell, he will just run up and down the pitch and bully everyone he runs into for 90 minutes. His ball control is dodgy and his passing is erratic, but he just makes stuff happen, kind of like a wrecking ball. He really has no business being as successful as he is, yet he still is.

He said it best himself when he talked about the fact that he sometimes suffers from "harde voeten" meaning that his feet are too hard so the ball bounces of.

So is he better on the ball than AWB? Technically I guess not, but he will contribute a feckton offensively anyway.

Did I mention he's an awesome dude?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Denzel is awesome, but he is quite bad technically. He's one of those players where before every move, everyone is convinced he won't make it. He broke through quite late and took gradual (albeit quickly) steps in level from Sparta > Heerenveen > PSV > Inter. At every stage everyone thought it would be above his level, but somehow it never is.

In a nutshell, he will just run up and down the pitch and bully everyone he runs into for 90 minutes. His ball control is dodgy and his passing is erratic, but he just makes stuff happen, kind of like a wrecking ball. He really has no business being as successful as he is, yet he still is.

He said it best himself when he talked about the fact that he sometimes suffers from "harde voeten" meaning that his feet are too hard so the ball bounces of.

So is he better on the ball than AWB? Technically I guess not, but he will contribute a feckton offensively anyway.

Did I mention he's an awesome dude?
This is spot on

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I like him a lot. The type of player that refuses to be intimidated. He'll bring the fight to anyone and will fly up and down that right flank.

izec

Wouldnt mind him here for that price. He is miles better overall than AWB and Dalot. We need someone owning that right side, a weakness of ours for years.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why are Inter looking to move him on anyway? He does quite well for em as far as I know.

Rolaholic

Why are Inter looking to move him on anyway? He does quite well for em as far as I know.
Probably because they would welcome the money if it lessens the need to sell other key pieces after they were forced to sell their top players the summer after they ended their title drought last year.

He's a more sellable asset than the likes of Lautaro, Bastoni, Barella and Skriniar who are their most important players that they'd prefer to keep.

tomaldinho1

Probably reminds me most of Valencia. Nothing special, but reliable, fast, strong, hard worker, can move with the ball, and will have good off the ball movement to give us overlapping width. I'd be all for it as I actually quite liked Valencia at right back for a while there. Was fantastic for LvG and at the start of Mourinho's time here if I recall? Price seems OK too.

Kyle Walker was seen as a bit mediocre for a while until Pep coached him too. Was all pace and strength and work rate.
Nah Walker was class under Poch - he always got a lot out of his full backs, even Rose looked good under him. People thought the fee was high but City also threw £50m plus at Mendy. It’s all relative and it’s peanuts to City and they also significantly weakened Spurs.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea already have the best RB/RWB in the world. Wouldn't be a great move for Dumfries unless he really enjoys sitting on the bench.
If we sign Dumfries Reece will be moved as a right center back in three man defense and can also be deployed as midfielder. Reece very versatile and against pace we mostly deployed him as right sided cb and azpi as wing back.

If we have another right wing back we have lot of tactical flexibility. So why we tried to sign hakimi too last season.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If we sign Dumfries Reece will be moved as a right center back in three man defense and can also be deployed as midfielder. Reece very versatile and against pace we mostly deployed him as right sided cb and azpi as wing back.

If we have another right wing back we have lot of tactical flexibility. So why we tried to sign hakimi too last season.
Koundé plays as a right center back, so James isn’t moving back there where his best abilities are taken away.

NoPace

I'm surprised Conte isn't signing him. He's special in the air. Otherwise he doesn't stand out for me really.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Money, plus they lost perisic and apparently will replace him with Gosens, who is essentially a left footed version of Denzel...they kinda need at least one of the wingbacks to be good at dribbling and contributing to the build up

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Hope you guys do that. Reece is one of the best right backs and you put him in midfield or RCB you are basically nullifying him.

Anything to weaken Chelsea :D

LuckyScout78

He is so attacking minded. Give you wonder if he is RW or RB.

Yeah, but he shall get for goal goal and attack attack focus. Most of what he is thinking. Attack attack.
And of course. If he calm down a bit. He can hold back. But again, if you help your team to score more goals than opponents teams. You shall get credit for it.

Really attacking and offensive minded. Both plus and minus. Special against teams with strong counter attack. Then you leave a big hole and space behind you. But again. If the end result of the matches. Your team is winning. You can't complain.