Desire Doue

jesperjaap

Havent seen any direct links to us yet but a few stories sayingalong, with Arsenal, Barcelona and Dortmund we are interested.There last gamethe commentator mentioned there are four premiership clubs very keen on him. Have seen West Ham and Newcastle linked in January.

This guy is a couple of months YOUNGER than Mainoo. Stephen Howson did a videoonhim recently.

Saw him a couple of times earlier in the seasonandtbh he didnt massively stand out.Looked talented butrougharound the edges andquite small. Watchedafew games recently and justlike his hair, he has filled out and progressed.

Ihave seen himplay on the flank, cm and even asa dlpthe last few games with mixed results in a pretty poor Rennes side that should but hasnt built around him. He has tricks, awareness,balance, good pace, excellent technique, vision, awareness andvery good passing all at18. Iwould call him a cross between Dele ALi and Mbappe minus the blisterring paceif describing him.

Clive Allen was commentating and they both agreed the negative is we dont knowhis best position yet....I see the opposite

Considering how many playerswecoulddo with signing, a player that could probably start from us on either flank asweas add squad depth as cover for Mainoo and Fernandes/Mount....must sign for me

Havent seen any direct links to us yet but a few stories sayingalong, with Arsenal, Barcelona and Dortmund we are interested.There last gamethe commentator mentioned there are four premiership clubs very keen on him. Have seen West Ham and Newcastle linked in January.

This guy is a couple of months YOUNGER than Mainoo. Stephen Howson did a videoonhim recently.

Saw him a couple of times earlier in the seasonandtbh he didnt massively stand out.Looked talented butrougharound the edges andquite small. Watchedafew games recently and justlike his hair, he has filled out and progressed.

Ihave seen himplay on the flank, cm and even asa dlpthe last few games with mixed results in a pretty poor Rennes side that should but hasnt built around him. He has tricks, awareness,balance, good pace, excellent technique, vision, awareness andvery good passing all at18. Iwould call him a cross between Dele ALi and Mbappe minus the blisterring paceif describing him.

Clive Allen was commentating and they both agreed the negative is we dont knowhis best position yet....I see the opposite

Considering how many playerswecoulddo with signing, a player that could probably start from us on either flank asweas add squad depth as cover for Mainoo and Fernandes/Mount....must sign for me

Very talented player. His brother Guela Doue plays as RB for Rennes and is also quite talented.

I honestly think that we don’t poach enough talents in Ligue 1, as ligue 1 players usually adapt quite easily to the PL

Very talented player. His brother Guela Doue plays as RB for Rennes and is also quite talented.

I honestly think that we don’t poach enough talents in Ligue 1, as ligue 1 players usually adapt quite easily to the PL

I saw he was onthebench yes. Iquite like Seidu at rb myself as well.

Completely agree on the young French talent, ironically one championed for years was Giouri but hereally looks like wont fulfill his ability.

Other two were Lukeba who has moved and Caqueret but not so much nowwith Mainoos emergence. But yes so many talents in that league.

Personally bar the culture think adapting to premier league isnt even a thing now as the football is so like other leagues now, its European

Had never heard of him. Just watched one clip. I’m sold. Get him

looks to have high technical ability, an end product, pace, vision, power, adaptable to both wings.

sure he’s likely to be frustrating at times but he does look to be a great work ‘project’

I posted it in the twitter thread, ourselves and Arsenal are interested but Bayern and Leverkusen are further ahead.

PSG have also had talks with his agent who also represents Kolo Muani, Ousmane Dembele and a few others from PSG.

:wet blanket mode:

Sancho could probably produce a YouTube video like that too

I’d be concerned with DDs lack of genuine pace. Could be a detriment in the PL.

Or I could be talking nonsense

:wet blanket mode:

Sancho could probably produce a YouTube video like that too

I’d be concerned with DDs lack of genuine pace. Could be a detriment in the PL.

Or I could be talking nonsense

He has decent pace and in my opinion long term may not even be a winger but an attacking midfielder. It surprises me not hearin gmore about him considering all the racving over Neves, Mainoo for example....and he is younger

Exciting if true, these are the kinds of signings I wouldn't mind taking a punt on.

Come on INEOS. Just Doue it

Putting a structure in place, sacking the manager based off a thorough review - not just one game (cup final) - and now potentially signing a bonafide wonderkid…..I don’t know what to do with myself. It’s all a little bit much to take in.

Decisiveness, vision, ruthlessness, and competence….these are not the values I’ve come to expect.

Next you’re gonna get silly and say we’re ACTUALLY building a new stadium.

If we sign Doue, Neves, and Olise this summer……The improvement in our front six, ability to retain the ball and dictate the tempo, and our creativity, vision, and ball carrying to unlock defences, will all improve off the charts.

In those circumstances, Doue wouldn’t be playing every game, but he’d be able to rotate in for 2-3 positions, and bring so much quality. Long term I’d see him as our Bruno Fernandes replacement (in 2-3 years). Different type of player, but would operate as that attacking midfielder so well.

Imagine in 3 years or so, our midfield being Neves, Mainoo and Doue. Potential to be the best in the world.

Last edited:
Seems like a very clever player for his age. Quick feet, nice little changes of direction, moves into space where there isn't much. He looks like he wins the ball high up the pitch quite a lot as well, so his workrate and defensive nous must be pretty good too.

From his stats, he does seem to lose the ball quite a lot. I guess Rennes must play fairly direct and/or his decision making isn't quite there yet.

Sounds like an aborigines instrument

I dont want to go overboard....partly as he doesnt fill for me the priority positions we need, in the short termat least.

But get this guy, its signing of the summer. Also forgetting fees as deals like Cantona and Irwin are unbeatable...but in termsof ability already and the potential, beyong Ronaldo we did sign and a few we didnt.....he is right up there,not beenthis exited about a potential signing right back to when we failed to get Ronaldhino and subsequently got Ronaldo....not saying he reaches those levels as thats two of the best...but its way higher than anyofthewingers we have currently.....andsome of them have/had high potential....and still see him asa 10we build around....please be a credible story

Looks to be a special talent. Teams need one or two of those as there is no coaching that can deal with genius ability. Messi, to use an extreme example, spent decades just doing things to teams that no amount of preparation could have prevented. Great teams at that.

Putting a structure in place, sacking the manager based off a thorough review - not just one game (cup final) - and now potentially signing a bonafide wonderkid…..I don’t know what to do with myself. It’s all a little bit much to take in.

Decisiveness, vision, ruthlessness, and competence….these are not the values I’ve come to expect.

Next you’re gonna get silly and say we’re ACTUALLY building a new stadium.

If we sign Doue, Neves, and Olise this summer……The improvement in our front six, ability to retain the ball and dictate the tempo, and our creativity, vision, and ball carrying to unlock defences, will all improve off the charts.

In those circumstances, Doue wouldn’t be playing every game, but he’d be able to rotate in for 2-3 positions, and bring so much quality. Long term I’d see him as our Bruno Fernandes replacement (in 2-3 years). Different type of player, but would operate as that attacking midfielder so well.

Imagine in 3 years or so, our midfield being Neves, Mainoo and Doue. Potential to be the best in the world.

Completely agree....but with the wait for some important staff to begin....so others possibly handling transfer business this summer, a shed load of players on huge wages to move on...................it could still be a hugely dissapointing summer

This actually can't be understated how much this will help us in the transfer market with young talents. We had two teenagers score in an FA cup final!

Not only that but a very high profile good performance and a trophy to end the season, which reduces the general ‘yea, but why would he want to go to United?’ narrative that’s floating about. It’s clear that there is something here, signs of life and the makings of a team with the right pieces.

Not only that but a very high profile good performance and a trophy to end the season, which reduces the general ‘yea, but why would he want to go to United?’ narrative that’s floating about. It’s clear that there is something here, signs of life and the makings of a team with the right pieces.
Precisely. These are the days players want, not celebrating top 4.

I think Dortmund would be the right move for this kid. Two years of developing his game there and he could likely leave as a 21 y/o with his pick of the top teams available to him just like Bellingham.

I think Dortmund would be the right move for this kid. Two years of developing his game there and he could likely leave as a 21 y/o with his pick of the top teams available to him just like Bellingham.

Why would he need to move to a CL qualification contender in Germany ‘to develop’ when he’s already at one in France?

I'm impressed, albeit through a YouTube compilation video. Would be an intriguing signing or one to monitor at least.

At least if we signed him then no pundit will be able to say we don't have desire!