Gaming Destruction: All Stars (PS5)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought I'd start the thread going.

Ideal game to be the latest Caf online trend. Played a few games earlier and it was good fun.

Taken a liking to Fuego. He might be my character of choice.

b82REZ

I'm genuinely excited to play this. Already downloaded and I should be home from work in half hour so will play a few games before the match.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is it hard to get used to?
Pretty simple. Only thing is you can't turn the camera with the right stick whilst in the car (it makes you boost and side smash). You can while running though.

Alfie092

Just downloaded it on my PS5 only because it's free :D

People out there who have played it - what are your views on it so far? Is it like Rocket League?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks like it could be a fun game. I don't think it's going to have the legs like something like Rocket League has, but considering there's not actually an abundance of PS5 games on the market at the moment, I can see it catching on.

b82REZ

Not sold on it yet. Had a couple of games with my brother before and it feels like it's trying to do too many things.

I'll stick with it because I might just be shit at it.

Minkaro

I've done the tutorials, but had internet issues so haven't played any online games yet. I'm hoping it's more fun against actual people.

acnumber9

I've done the tutorials, but had internet issues so haven't played any online games yet. I'm hoping it's more fun against actual people.
It’s not really. I’ll probably give it a few more goes since it’s a free game but I wouldn’t even think about paying for it.

El B

Tried it out of curiosity, it's a bit bland. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it. I'm not sure if there's even enough content to fit a FTP model.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's ok. Who's the best character to use? I quite like that tiger dude in the few goes I've had.

They could've made the mute room option more intuitive as well.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Downloaded it, already deleted it. Average game tbh, not something I can play more than a couple of times.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I did some of the training bits last night and it seems ok. Will have a few games online tonight if people are around but it’s not something that particularly grabs you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe it's because I was good at it but I thought it was decent. Perhaps not too much to keep interest though as people are saying.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I had one game and came 5th, seems quite bland to me but keen to give it a chance.

hobbers

For free it's okay. The actual driving physics are quite good for an arcadey demo derby, but the modes are shit, as are the arenas. Too much going on.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Any asian players here? PS5 is arriving this week and this looks like fun.

Deery

Dreary
Played a few games of it gets a bit boring and the arenas all look the same, it’s okay I guess but was expecting better.

b82REZ

They definitely made the correct decision to go F2P with this.

It's the definition of mediocre. I hope they can improve on it, but there can't be too many innovative game modes they can make in a Destruction Derby game.

Personally I feel this type of game is better suited to local coop rather than online matches.

I can see me uninstalling this soon, which is a shame because I had high hopes for it.