Detention camps targeting uighars in western China

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm sure some people from the HK thread will be here in a minute telling us it's all western propaganda and China isn't really that bad.
:lol: I remember one of them basically telling me that there was no oppression in Tibet or Xinjiang.

caid

China should be under economic embargo by pretty much everyone.

Foxbatt

I'm sure some people from the HK thread will be here in a minute telling us it's all western propaganda and China isn't really that bad.
What has Hong Kong to do with Chinese oppression of the Uighars? That province is a closed area as everyone knows. No foreigners can freely go there. Hong Kong is free than most countries in the west. At least so far.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What has Hong Kong to do with Chinese oppression of the Uighars? That province is a closed area as everyone knows. No foreigners can freely go there. Hong Kong is free than most countries in the west. At least so far.
If your goal was to miss the point, then you did brilliantly.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Or we could just stop selling them guns. Frankly half of Europe should be under economic blockade. Economic blockades for ALL!!!
We? (You're in Dublin)

Last edited:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
That only works against smaller countries that bigger countries can bully. US can't play that game against China.
Eh, part of the importance of the TPP (and other multilateral trade deals like TTIP) was that it could reduce the influence of China's importance in trade and production. Unfortunately, some moron decided multilateral trade agreements are bad. The US could've increased economic pressure on China with the TPP by tightening relationships with other regional trading partners and benefitting our mutual economies, rather than starting an idiotic trade war with no concrete, achievable objectives.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Eh, part of the importance of the TPP (and other multilateral trade deals like TTIP) was that it could reduce the influence of China's importance in trade and production. Unfortunately, some moron decided multilateral trade agreements are bad. The US could've increased economic pressure on China with the TPP by tightening relationships with other regional trading partners and benefitting our mutual economies, rather than starting an idiotic trade war with no concrete, achievable objectives.
The TPP has been heavily criticized for being bad for workers in the US.