Television Dexter

kietotheworld

arthur's family have all met him, though
They don't know anything about him though, they think he's a single unemployed man called Kyle Butler, he's a married man called Dexter with 3 kids who works for the police. I don't see what benefit Arthur could get from exposing Dexter anyway, in order for it to harm Dexter in any way, he'd have to have already been exposed as at the very least trying to kill that kid, and even then, there's no way for him to prove Dexter actually knew him (Dexter could claim his family are in on it) and the only offence Dexter has committed (blackmail) could not be proven.

Ivor Ballokov

They don't know anything about him though, they think he's a single unemployed man called Kyle Butler, he's a married man called Dexter with 3 kids who works for the police. I don't see what benefit Arthur could get from exposing Dexter anyway, in order for it to harm Dexter in any way, he'd have to have already been exposed as at the very least trying to kill that kid, and even then, there's no way for him to prove Dexter actually knew him (Dexter could claim his family are in on it) and the only offence Dexter has committed (blackmail) could not be proven.
Ummm well if Dexter helps catch him then there is revenge, otherwise there is the fact he could use it as a bargaining tool with the police or if he thinks Dex was working undercover (unlikely as he wouldn't have walked in to the station if he thought that) then it would likely come up in interviews.

In the thanksgiving episode you saw the power he had over the mum and daughter and they would easily pick dexter out of a line up as could the people in the house building project, family arthur weirded out at the restaurant or any of the other times they were out in public. If Arthur decided to tell the cops he knew Dexter there is no way he could deny it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Arrghhhh can't read anything in this thread till later catching up on the last 2 episodes tonight. Also what the hell happened to using spoilers.

kietotheworld

Gambit

Gambit

Hello Dexter Morgan..... F'ing love it. Superb episodes.

Gambit

In response to the previous posts, Dexter has no choice but to put him on his table.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finale is tonight in the US, so shall be watching it when I get home from work tomorrow. Until then I'm avoiding this thread.

cornelius

The bastard son of Eye Popper?
According to this the finale isn't until the 20th, yet according to this it's the 13th!

Anyway, what time of the day is it on UK time?
nah, i checked showtime's website and it's definitely on tonight. i'll have to catch it sometime tomorrow!

Ace

HOLY SHIT! One of the most shocking endings to a season I've seen, but that's why we love the show. Next season will be awesome, and I think we'll see the show take a darker new turn after the events that occurred in the finale.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
HOLY SHIT! One of the most shocking endings to a season I've seen, but that's why we love the show. Next season will be awesome, and I think we'll see the show take a darker new turn after the events that occurred in the finale.
I second this. I was literally stunned. Does anyone know when season 5 starts?

Gambit

OOOOHHHH!!! Can't watch it till tonight.

Gambit

Same time as this one did next year, apparently went into production this October just gone.

air_mood

feckin hell, what an excellent season. Thought John Lithgow was excellent thruout and Michael C. Hall was just his usual best. The best series on TV at the moment without question. Roll on Season 5,

HsJ

never seen that one coming...wonder whats next....roll on season 5....

Gambit

As it is the finale I would like to re-establish the spoilers please, i know no one has posted any yet but for when we do.

Gambit

I have it sat on me Hard Drive yet i have to wait..... NOT FAIR!!

Cole9

WOW!

I have to say this season has been absolutely fantastic. This show has always been one of my favourites but this season puts it up there with The Soprano's and The Wire for me. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

P.S.
Rita has been quite annoying this season, but sad to see her go :(

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!

Biscuit1871

Wow. That is pretty much the best season of any Tv series i've ever seen. Outstanding.

Cina

Anyone want to hear a crazy, yet actually quite plausible theory on the ending and leading into next season? A guy posted it on another forum. This does NOT contain spoilers, it's pure theory.

I think it's the police Chief, the guy that wanted to fire LaGeurta and Angel.

Something about him doesn't seem right, he also had one of those "tv faces" after Deb left him that implies he knows a lot more about Dexter than previously thought.

Personally speaking, it was he, along with Harry, that decided Miami is overrun with scum and normal police work cannot sort out the mess.
So when they found Dexter they decided that they'd mould him into a serial killer that targets the city's vile muderers.
So dex grows up and everything works great. However the police chief(what's his name again) has noticed that dexter's admirable work has gotten sloppy of late. The reason? Rita.

So he kills her. Maybe not him personally but one of his minions. He kills her in the manner of the Trinity so as to have Rita's murder open and shut.
Now Dexter can return to be the efficent killer he once was.

But that's not all. He knows Dexter won't be around forever. So he leaves Harrison in exactly the same bloody situation as young Dex. It would have been impossible for Arthur Mitchell to know the circumstances of Dex's mother's death.
The reason? So Harrison can fit snugly into Dex's shoes when the time is right.

twitter thread suggester
I don't even know what to say, I did not see that one coming.
Holy crap.

Biscuit1871

Anyone want to hear a crazy, yet actually quite plausible theory on the ending and leading into next season? A guy posted it on another forum. This does NOT contain spoilers, it's pure theory.

Something about him doesn't seem right, he also had one of those "tv faces" after Deb left him that implies he knows a lot more about Dexter than previously thought.

Personally speaking, it was he, along with Harry, that decided Miami is overrun with scum and normal police work cannot sort out the mess.
So when they found Dexter they decided that they'd mould him into a serial killer that targets the city's vile muderers.
So dex grows up and everything works great. However the police chief(what's his name again) has noticed that dexter's admirable work has gotten sloppy of late. The reason? Rita.

So he kills her. Maybe not him personally but one of his minions. He kills her in the manner of the Trinity so as to have Rita's murder open and shut.

But that's not all. He knows Dexter won't be around forever. So he leaves Harrison in exactly the same bloody situation as young Dex. It would have been impossible for Arthur Mitchell to know the circumstances of Dex's mother's death.
No chance.

didsbury1982

Noway
I still think he'll have some explaining to do. It goes against the pattern of Trinity's killings and comes shortly after what Debra just found out about Dexters mum. Plus I#m sure it will come out at some point that Dexter was hanging around Trinity's family. Either way they've left everyone guessing!

kietotheworld

:eek::eek::eek:

I thought it was a dream sequence at first, like when he's speaking to his Dad, fecking hell.

He didn't help him much when the FBI were after him.

Cole9

Regarding the theory...

It's already been confirmed that Trinity killed Rita, in an interview which was shown after the credits with Michael C Hall and John Lithgow