Television Dexter | New season debuts November 7th

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do we need spoiler for aired episodes?

Anyway, the cremation thing was far too abrupt and convenient (how the feck was that facility so easy to access and use? Did I miss a transition or something?), as was the fact that the cameras in the woods went back to being a non-issue in a matter of minutes, but oh well, it's mildly enjoyable in a junk food kind of way, and that's probably the best we could have hoped for.
I genuinely thought I'd missed a scene.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does Harrison have a scar from the treadmill fall?
Don't think so, but he doesn't need one. When I was about the same age as a kid, I split open my chin and don't have a visible scar. Only indication I've had an injury there is that I can't grow a beard as there's a patch where hair won't grow.

esmufc07

Cried while watching Titanic
Scout
Caught up, I think it's enjoyable enough. It won't win any awards but it doesn't need to. Great to see Dexter back on screen and all the little nods back to the old show.

Be interested to see the arc Harrison goes down.

Damien

Staff
Do we need spoiler for aired episodes?

Anyway, the cremation thing was far too abrupt and convenient (how the feck was that facility so easy to access and use? Did I miss a transition or something?), as was the fact that the cameras in the woods went back to being a non-issue in a matter of minutes, but oh well, it's mildly enjoyable in a junk food kind of way, and that's probably the best we could have hoped for.
I genuinely thought I'd missed a scene.
Apparently small towns with bear populations in the US have incinerators to dispose of rubbish so bears won't be enticed into town. Source

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently small towns with bear populations in the US have incinerators to dispose of rubbish so bears won't be enticed into town. Source
Dexter could've at least 'thought' that in his head so viewers knew why he could just rock up and burn a corpse.

cafecillos

Thanks for this. It's still a rather flimsy plot point though, if we're supposed to know that.

Damien

Staff
Things moving quite quickly now. Can see how Dexter gets on Kurt's trail - he'll find out that Chloe is missing and remembers the green hair and Kurt talking to her. Going to be sad when this is all over. Yeah, there are moments which stretch the bounds, but I'm enjoying it.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Full steam ahead with episode 4. Both plot lines crystal clear. This could go in so many fecked up directions now.

esmufc07

Cried while watching Titanic
Scout
Things moving quite quickly now. Can see how Dexter gets on Kurt's trail - he'll find out that Chloe is missing and remembers the green hair and Kurt talking to her. Going to be sad when this is all over. Yeah, there are moments which stretch the bounds, but I'm enjoying it.
Yeah I think so too.

Been a very good four episodes for me.Has definitely whet my appetite for the show again, will most likely watch through from S1 again soon.

Dante

Average bang
I've genuinely been enjoying this reboot.

In a good way, the first 4 episode felt quite different from the original series. But episode 5 was a lot more like the show really going back its roots. That's not necessarily bad thing. But it is a noticeable shift in tone.

I don't want to judge it too early because we're only half way through the season. But things have gone off the deep end now. So I'm expecting this to either get really good or really contrived in the final 5 episodes.

Damien

Staff
It was so good to see Batista again. Thought he might be the cameo and wasn't disappointed.

Chloe was great. Kurt's ritual is now ruined so interesting to see where he goes now. Him getting closer to Harrison who fits the MO of his other victims bar being male is a bad sign. We know Kurt's killing doesn't have a sexual motive.

Shit has hit the fan completely. Think the hopes of this going on for more than one season are over. Looking forward to the next episode but agree with Dante that it could get really contrived.

Song from the credits

wr8_utd

:'(
I've genuinely been enjoying this reboot.

In a good way, the first 4 episode felt quite different from the original series. But episode 5 was a lot more like the show really going back its roots. That's not necessarily bad thing. But it is a noticeable shift in tone.

I don't want to judge it too early because we're only half way through the season. But things have gone off the deep end now. So I'm expecting this to either get really good or really contrived in the final 5 episodes.
They'll find a way for Dexter to kill Angela and escape yet again and keep alive the hope of another season. He's just not going to get caught. Just look at the two narrow escapes he had this episode.

Berbasbullet

I’m enjoying it but man it feels so contrived sometimes, and I feel like they don’t half dumb dexter down sometimes and he then subsequently gets really lucky. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m enjoying it but man it feels so contrived sometimes, and I feel like they don’t half dumb dexter down sometimes and he then subsequently gets really lucky. :lol:
The whole Batista thing with him revealing loads of info was ridiculous :lol: oh what was his name? Oh yeah HARRISON