Di Marzio: Barca make bid for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
My guess is they're testing the waters and then come in with a bigger bid next summer.

nikineil

€100-€150 plus Dembele, IF we turned around and successfully spent the money on SMS, would be a stroke of genius. Only way I’d be happy about Pogba leaving.
Would not be too averse to this, but Pogba can totally dominate the Premier League, but I wouldn't be so sure about SMS... Granted, my limited knowledge was totally based on the World Cup and not watching Lazio week in week out.

Reactions: Sultan

walsh

To think they would actually offer a sum that barely gets you a top 6 level player plus 2 players they should be paying us to take off their wage bill. Just my word, it surely cannot be true :lol:

ash_86

We should come out like a statement saying that Pogba is not for sale and Barca couldn't afford him even if that's not the case

Kaarel

If Barca really made this bid, then I don’t understand their intention.
It obviously is a laughable offer that will be declined. So why „anger“ United, if you want to deal with them. Makes no sense.

To unsettle the player maybe. They know they can get him eventually if Pogba wants to leave.

Would people here take Rakitic + Dembele in a straight swap for Pogba? Rakitic is 30 but still a class player, great playmaker.

Maybe add another 50mil.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Would not be too averse to this, but Pogba can totally dominate the Premier League, but I wouldn't be so sure about SMS... Granted, my limited knowledge was totally based on the World Cup and not watching Lazio week in week out.
SMS is probably the most similar player. But yeah, I wasn't impressed with him in the WC either.

fallengt

No way United would take anything less than Rakitic(or Countinho) & Dembele + money in late of the window.

Son Of Sam

Feels abit like when we let Ronaldo leave for money and missed the opportunity to sign a Robben or Sneijder.

We don't need money so they can piss off with their cash but if we can get two top players that make us a better team then it has to be considered. Pogba isn't indispensable as high as his potential is.
But we have now become preys to any of the continental clubs. They have till end of August to seduce any of our players and we can’t do f@ck all about it.

The PL clubs that voted for early transfer window especially in a World Cup year must be wearing their asses on their heads. It puts the PL clubs at a huge disadvantage.

The Courtois/Real Madrid love affair is a good example. Real Madrid will continue to tempt Courtois via Marca newspaper until the end of the month. Chelsea have till Thursday to make a decision. It’s a clusterfeck!

Luke1995

Gomes and Mina ? They really don't see United as a big club do they ? I'd accept ONLY Suarez. As for the money, they need to add another 45m to the number, nothing below 90m is acceptable.

SirAF

Ageist
But we have now become preys to any of the continental clubs. They have till end of August to seduce any of our players and we can’t do f@ck all about it.

The PL clubs that voted for early transfer window especially in a World Cup year must be wearing their asses on their heads. It puts the PL clubs at a huge disadvantage.

The Courtois/Real Madrid love affair is a good example. Real Madrid will continue to tempt Courtois via Marca newspaper until the end of the month. Chelsea have till Thursday to make a decision. It’s a clusterfeck!
This is exactly what I argued last year when it was announced - a lot of posters did not agree..

walsh

We are nobodies prey, we have all the cards and will refuse to do any business that will negatively affect us. We aren't a lowly club who needs to sell players.

El Jefe

Fergie did warn us about Raiola and Pogba.

Yet again its seems like the great man was right about Pogba not being ready and Raiola being a cnut.

RedDevil@84

Just because they got conned in the Dembele and Coutinho deal, doesn't mean everyone else should sell their players for peanuts

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

What was (or were) the main arguments for this early transfer window thing? From the FA itself I mean.

Revan

Assumptionman
SMS is probably the most similar player. But yeah, I wasn't impressed with him in the WC either.
He is just not that good. Just another Felipe Anderson with Lazio's crazy president claiming that some club is offering insane money for him but they aren't selling, and then people here masturbating over the idea of signing him without actually having any clue about him.

nikineil

He wouldn’t be close to Pogba’s level IMO, but is similar as you mentioned. If it also meant we got Dembele up front, it’s be a net positive I reckon.
Precisely. That's why I agree with @whatwha 's point in general. I think Dembele HAS to be part of any deal with Pogba. And SMS will be quality, no doubt, but we have enough depth in midfield until SMS "gets upto speed".

sp_107

This Riola Guy irritates me!! Last season he offered Pogba to Pep on back of club now again he started this to profit from agent fees !!

If Pogba head is turned by Barca then it should be 100 mil plus Dembele !! That's it !

Ryan7

Barca's follow up offer: Gomes, Mina, €60 million, and a signed Messi shirt for Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Old Trafford and Carrington.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Even if they got the nod from Raiola or Pogba, why on earth would you make such a ridiculous offer few days before the window close for United? I know you start with lower ones, but not so close to the end of the window.

Makes zero sense, he won't move if they offer around 200 million this late.
Think it's the opposite and rather brilliant and dastardly from them. Why should they care about our window closing? Our need for a replacement doesn't predicate the sale if they can cause enough friction. They could well be playing the mid to long-term game here in destabilising the player and the club with a thousand cuts until he's untenable and we want rid. At worst, it messes with the player and they don't get him; at best, they get what they want for a cut price (once the turmoil is fully established).

If Pogba decides to act up for the remainder of the European window, we have a big problem going forward that will filter through an already unsettled team/club and makes us look bad on a number of fronts whilst damaging our brand/name and making us even more unappealing to truly elite talent.

When Barca tried this with PSG, they got crushed and humiliated - and in the process, PSG sent out a message to the footballing world at large. What will we do in this scenario and how will we prevent the circus that is coming our way over the next few windows, should Pogba not go during this one?

This is a pivotal point for the club on a number of fronts and it's not just about warding them off once, but making it clear we're not prey to be targeted.

AaronRedDevil

Price wise, Pogba is worth 180m fullstop. Captain to France, Top 5 WC midfielder. World Cup winner. Worth more then friggin Coutinho. 150+Dembele would be a sweet deal. Other then that, after that 50m and some players that couldn't even get on the team sheet. Barcelona can go do one.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure how true this is but I heard (probably on here) that this Di Marzio fella actually pays for his rather shit hot info, he may be getting sold down the river so to speak but none the less, if the lanky cnut don’t want in, feck him off.
Di Marzio is Tier 2 on Reddit, but it’s clear that this was a real bid.

the hea

If not Messi (which is obviously impossible) then Suarez, the only other proven world class player they have.
Suarez is probably the last player I would want to see in a United shirt. How any United supporter could even entertain the idea of that is beyond me.

Canagel

My guess is they're testing the waters and then come in with a bigger bid next summer.
That's all it is. They know we aren't going to sell now. so late and with no chance of getting a replacement. The offer is an insult really. It's just to unsettle the player and pave the way for a proper bid next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.