Diablo 3 - Rise of the Necromancer

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Yep. I agree its stupid. I guess mainly this is related to people in groups who just keep resurrecting each other on bosses, thus killing them eventually without actually being good enough. But they should just fix that by not allowing in combat resurrection, not punishing people who are trying to learn new boss fights.

I think I used around 40 attempts to kill Belial on Inferno, which I did just before the patch. If the repair costs were like they are now I wouldn't have bothered. They punish the wrong group of players with this. Punishing people trying to learn to beat difficult encounters is just dumb

Im not even going to try to progress in act III. Its pointless.

Sw33t

Yeah exactly. This is one thing I am going to moan about how Blizzard are daft as feck. Just played a bit, died once... 5.1k repair costs. feck off, bastards.

On a different note, I have saved up 750k in gold. Want to buy a new one hander. But there is literally nothing better than my 1 hand wand I got for 150k on the gold auction house, because all the decent stuff is on the RMAH. I am not paying real money for anything. feck off, too.

Starting to annoy me.

Peasplease

I think the point of the repair cost was to a) make it so glass cannons have as tough a time as tanks, and b) create a gold sink to combat inflation. I don't mind it. It makes the game more exciting for me, but the costs are a bit too high. I barely accumulate gold now.

Sw33t I think you just got a good deal on that 150k 1hander. Rmah doesn't affect items under a mill much.

Sw33t

I think the point of the repair cost was to a) make it so glass cannons have as tough a time as tanks, and b) create a gold sink to combat inflation. I don't mind it. It makes the game more exciting for me, but the costs are a bit too high. I barely accumulate gold now.

Sw33t I think you just got a good deal on that 150k 1hander. Rmah doesn't affect items under a mill much.
You could be right, thinking about it. It's a lvl 63 wand with 900ish dps and some decent stats.

For the last half an hour, I've been buying and selling Legendary items on the gold AH and made 100k. Quite fun to be fair lol.

Sw33t

What's the best deals you guys have got from the auction house?
I've got some pretty awesome legendary items for under 10k. Majority of them sold for 70k or more.

900dps 1 hander rare wand for 150k seems quite good tbh too. Not much else

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
How shit are legendaries? Ive gotten 6 but with how absolutely terrible they all are I get a lot more excited now by getting a yellow high itemlevel drop than a brown or green item.
I got one with 220 dps dropped in inferno, a bloody magic item is better than it :houllier:

Sw33t

But surely it's the other stats which make legendaries what they are?

Some of them have insane properties, such as +200 vit, +200 intel, + 700 armour etc etc

Skywarden

Speaking of which, I found a Natalya's Shadow. If anyone is interested let me know.

Also, they've buffed the drops again. Act III and IV are yet again the best to farm if you can handle them. If not, Act II is your the best bet.

The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
Hell – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
iLvl 63: 0% (no change)
Inferno – Act I
iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%
Inferno – Act II
iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%
Inferno – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
But surely it's the other stats which make legendaries what they are?

Some of them have insane properties, such as +200 vit, +200 intel, + 700 armour etc etc
Not true, there're still some rubbish properties on legendaries, they'll fix it in some patch next month or so.

Peasplease

I just spent about 20m regearing, stacking crit chance + crit damage, thinking it would make me great. I went from 28.5k dps to 30k. Contemplating quitting...

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I'm also on the fence.

Would want to play the single player but hearing it's quite short and shit, I'm not too sure. Don't really like grinding for items much.

How long is it comparing to Diablo 2?

Count Orduck

No. I know a lot of people who like it, but they're the type who relentlessly grinded for gear in Diablo II. If you're willing to just play the same dungeons over and over again (albeit with random layouts and enemies) just to get a slight gear upgrade, you might enjoy it. Otherwise it seems to get very boring very quickly. Maybe wait a year until it's on Steam Sale or something.

Sw33t

Steam Sale? You'll be waiting a fecking eternity to get a Blizzard game there. Do you even have it? Doesn't seem so if you think it's on Steam.

The single player isn't as short as made out. The first two acts are pretty lengthy, 3rd is a little bit short, then the 4th a bit shorter again. But took me a fair while to get through them on the first play through. Taking me a fair amount of time to make it half way through Act 2 on Inferno solo atm. It's a good challenge, and something that's keeping me occupied and has been since release. Can't see myself getting bored of it any time soon either - and I've not really been farming a shed load either. A bit here and there, I've not got the best items by far and I'm progressing well enough, it's mainly to do with your build I feel once you hit 60.

I say it is worth it, hours and hours of gameplay, even if you get bored with one character, you can always start again with a different class - get used to all the spells, different items etc with that. Always has massive replay value, so you can come back to it in like a year and it'd still be quality.

Plus Whimsyshire is awesome.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
The thing that my sway me is the multiplayer. I tried out the single player and liked it but I don't see replayability. However multiplayer could be fun. I hate grinding, but I like playing dungeon crawlers with friends and all that.

Skywarden

I'm going to be brutally honest now and say: Don't buy it, for now. The Auction House has single-handedly destroyed any fun one could have past level 60. In Diablo II, the trading wasn't anywhere near as fast and accessible which made the item grind last longer - way longer - but was very much more enjoyable. Because the rare drops were quality, not shitty quantity.

When you hit 60, you are forced to waste your gold (or money) on the auction house because good drops are so utterly rare. Rather than dropping so many rare items and none of them being useful, they should have made less good rare items drop but make them better. The majority of legendary items are useless, as well, because of poor itemisation.

There's no build diversity either when you are progressing in inferno (up until that point, you can play many different styles and enjoy it). The diversity in inferno only kicks in when you have gathered the most expensive gear set you could imagine, whereby your dps will be high enough to overwrite any flaw in your desired build, anyway. There's no end-game right now either so all you do is grind gear for nothing. Multiplayer in inferno is absolutely shit unless you are playing with friends and can coordinate properly.

There are some good things, like the combat and the skills but even those things are somewhat broken. Monks have a passive skill for dual-wielding and 2h yet the majority of monks are forced into using a bloody shield in inferno.

TL;DR - The game is broken, lacks depth and needs some serious attention. They say they are going to make changes to classes and whatnot, but not anytime soon. How's that for attention to a sinking ship?

Rant over.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Blizzard has just added a new function called Paragon Levels that will give players more of an incentive to keep playing after maxing out to 60
For every level gained past 60 you get a percentage boost to your core stats
Unfortunately that doesn't mean new spells or runes but at least you wont have to buy new gear for each new "level"

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anyone who plays these days?
I'm thinking about starting up again.

Formerly known as Sensation, now Lifestream.

Castia

I'll be playing the expansion, the changes they have in place should make it a better game and either way I'll easily get my money's worth. I put in close to 300 hours into Diablo 3, I will probably put even more into this.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
People still play this? I never got over how utterly shit the item grind was compared to D2. Auction house was a disaster that drained all potential fun from the game.

"Hey guys, lets make it so that 99.999999% of the items the average player finds on their own is shit compared to what they can get on the AH"

"Great idea !!!"

"Yea, we are so great at moving the game forward from D2!!"

Castia

The expansion is sorting out most of the problems D3 launched with. The RMAH is scrapped and they are using a new loot system, feedback from the beta has been quite positive, I'm looking forward to it.

Skywarden

The expansion is getting scathing reviews from beta testers I've spoken to. They've fecked up the legendary drop rates (again) and the whole expansion feels utterly purposeless, they say. Even the community MVPs said they do not recommend people getting the expansion in its current state until, basically, they get a clue on how to balance the game.

I'll stay away from this one as there are far better games coming out.

Castia

So the expansion comes out tomorrow night (midnight launch) anybody got this pre ordered?

Patch 2.0 is great, it's resolved most if not all the issues D3 launched with and RoS looks to add some nice features and a new class, I can't wait tbh.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've been playing on the PS3 since achieving 100% completion on Grand Theft Auto. It's enjoyable enough. Got a level 47 monk who is pretty unstoppable as long as I pay attention.

mitChley

I'm legit ill today so might go buy the expansion.

Not played since completing vanilla on inferno, hear it's got a lot easier since.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I quit D3 a couple of months after launch. It never gripped me the way D2 and other Games have.

Can anyone give a brief rundown of what has changed/been added since launch? (Just the main features) as I am weighing up whether to get the expansion etc

mitChley

I quit D3 a couple of months after launch. It never gripped me the way D2 and other Games have.

Can anyone give a brief rundown of what has changed/been added since launch? (Just the main features) as I am weighing up whether to get the expansion etc
Game Features

• Charge forth as the Crusader - Impenetrable armor, gleaming weapons, and heavy, heavy damage–wield the power of the Crusader, unbreakable new hero of the mortal realms.
  • Take Act V by storm - From the sprawling streets of Westmarch to the ancient walls of the Pandemonium Fortress, battle with a host of deadly new enemies throughout the all-new Act V of the Diablo III storyline.
  • Rise to new heights of power - Advance your hero of choice through additional levels of supremacy, mastering bold new powers of raw, demon-slaying potential along the way.
  • Conquer new gameplay modes - The new Adventure Mode opens up all of Sanctuary - you can travel to any waypoint in any Act. It also introduces Bounties and Nephalem Rifts, two new game features with boundless replay value.
  • Discover powerful new treasures - A redesigned loot system improves your Diablo III experience with targeted "smart drops", new and improved Legendary items, and the item-augmenting powers of the Mystic.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Anyone know if they'll be doing some kind of discounted PS4 deal for those who got Diablo on PS3? A long shot I Know :(