Diablo 3 - Rise of the Necromancer

mitChley

So far I'm really enjoying it. Only issue is it's been so long since I played my build and items are not really valid anymore, RIP Critical Mass Wizard

mitChley

I've gone from enjoying it, to bloody loving it. The new Wizard spell Blackhole makes for some fun fights.

mitChley

You tried the new Adventure mode? It's tip top.
Done the first set of Bounties on hard to get a feel of it. Enjoyed them, wasn't such a fan of the rift as I didn't expect it to take so long, now I know I can prepare myself.

Moving onto Torment 1 now I've got some gear. Got a build revolving around Meteor (lightening rune), Blackhole (lightening rune) and Lightening to recover some AP.

Edit: Apparently rifts should take 10-15minutes, mine easily took 30minutes and it wasn't like it was taking me time to kill mobs.

Last edited:

IrishLegend

Done the first set of Bounties on hard to get a feel of it. Enjoyed them, wasn't such a fan of the rift as I didn't expect it to take so long, now I know I can prepare myself.

Moving onto Torment 1 now I've got some gear. Got a build revolving around Meteor (lightening rune), Blackhole (lightening rune) and Lightening to recover some AP.

Edit: Apparently rifts should take 10-15minutes, mine easily took 30minutes and it wasn't like it was taking me time to kill mobs.
Rift's don't take long if you're properly geared for the Torment level, gets slow if you're not.

I'm running a meteor build too, but the Molten Impact one. Criting for 18m at the moment (my dps is still abit crap at about 350k, as I was CM Built to solo MP10 *which is probably the worst build to come into RoS with*)

mitChley

Rift's don't take long if you're properly geared for the Torment level, gets slow if you're not.

I'm running a meteor build too, but the Molten Impact one. Criting for 18m at the moment (my dps is still abit crap at about 350k, as I was CM Built to solo MP10 *which is probably the worst build to come into RoS with*)
I'm only 190k dps, but considering I've just hit 69 and my dps was 25k going into RoS I'm quite happy with that.

Most of my gear is still lvl61, with some 66's.

mitChley

I just googled it, found some stuff on Elitest Jerks. Also some stuff on websites like MMO Champion.

Count Orduck

One thing I always felt was lacking in the original was properly random dungeons. Not tied into the storyline at all. They had most of the art assets, just let someone choose "I want an ice cave with demons in it" and let the engine do the rest.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm just a newbie mod Doc :(

quackattack

I must say that the RoS was a great addon to the original, which had some issues.
Perhaps you guys want som information. I main Wiz, with 1.2m dps (with selfbuffs).

Been running a lot of Adventure and rifts, must say that this part, blizz has done somerthing right. However, I am very dissapointed that they haven't fixed the 2h weapons yet, still mostly trash. And RNG on the droprates are perhaps a little too random. Just my thoughts.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
RoS makes it feel a lot deeper and replayable somehow. Feels a lot more like Diablo 2 now, brings out the kiddie in me.

mitChley

I must say that the RoS was a great addon to the original, which had some issues.
Perhaps you guys want som information. I main Wiz, with 1.2m dps (with selfbuffs).

Been running a lot of Adventure and rifts, must say that this part, blizz has done somerthing right. However, I am very dissapointed that they haven't fixed the 2h weapons yet, still mostly trash. And RNG on the droprates are perhaps a little too random. Just my thoughts.
Nice dps! I'm happy with mine at 530k...

What build do you run?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
:houllier: That's insane. what builds are you guys rolling with?

I usually play only normal modes and D3 made me venture out more. Doing quite OK in master, but my attempt at Torment 1 got me roasted twice in about as many minutes! My barbarian just has around 130+ DPS.

Any clues on how to get this scaled up quick?

mitChley

I usually play only normal modes and D3 made me venture out more. Doing quite OK in master, but my attempt at Torment 1 got me roasted twice in about as many minutes! My barbarian just has around 130+ DPS.

Here's my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thom-2130/hero/32362024

They've buffed legendary drop rates in rifts, so I'd suggest trying to run as many as possible at a low difficulty. As far as I know, some don't drop outside of torment, but you wouldn't need to worry that as you're gearing up.

quackattack

What build do you run?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/joergent-2708/hero/34021874
With the displayed build i do just below or around 1m buffed, but the numbers lie as I spem ezplosive blast with chain reaction, combined with my main hand wep. Elite packs usually melt. Diamond skin is nice for when pots are on CD. The arcane orbs are nice, as I mostly stay close to the mobs for max dps. Dps when I spam EX.Blast should be way up in the millions.

My other build is frost, with arcane missiles and arcane frost orbs. Dps wise it is about 1.3m. Just playing it standard with Frosty magic missiles, boosted by that mirrorball, and teleport for mobility.

Pro tip for getting better is play;) I would consider myself in the area of mediocre hardcore player (considering I have a social life). just leveld 200+ paragon levels, and going!
Got questions, please ask:)

mitChley

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/joergent-2708/hero/34021874
With the displayed build i do just below or around 1m buffed, but the numbers lie as I spem ezplosive blast with chain reaction, combined with my main hand wep. Elite packs usually melt. Diamond skin is nice for when pots are on CD. The arcane orbs are nice, as I mostly stay close to the mobs for max dps. Dps when I spam EX.Blast should be way up in the millions.

My other build is frost, with arcane missiles and arcane frost orbs. Dps wise it is about 1.3m. Just playing it standard with Frosty magic missiles, boosted by that mirrorball, and teleport for mobility.

Pro tip for getting better is play;) I would consider myself in the area of mediocre hardcore player (considering I have a social life). just leveld 200+ paragon levels, and going!
Got questions, please ask:)
Ooooffff, lovely stuff. After this weekend I'm up to around 850k.

Spent most of it levelling a Barb though. Picked up a 2.2k dps 1H Mace with a 30 level reduction on my wizard, reforged Int to Str and thought I might as well use it. 5 levels till I can use it, right now it would be a +4,500% damage increase :eek:.

quackattack

Ooooffff, lovely stuff. After this weekend I'm up to around 850k.

Spent most of it levelling a Barb though. Picked up a 2.2k dps 1H Mace with a 30 level reduction on my wizard, reforged Int to Str and thought I might as well use it. 5 levels till I can use it, right now it would be a +4,500% damage increase :eek:.
Sounds solid. When in the leveling phase, dps quickly increases, but after playing some time at 70, it slows down a lot (%wise).
However, one does, from time to time find those WOOOOW-items.
Right now, I am just waiting for, either new set items, those rare crafting mats or azurewrath/Thunderfury. Other than that is just grinding epics and paragons and rifting with friends. Might eventualy get a boost on my WD, looks like a lot of fun.

mitChley

Sounds solid. When in the leveling phase, dps quickly increases, but after playing some time at 70, it slows down a lot (%wise).
However, one does, from time to time find those WOOOOW-items.
Right now, I am just waiting for, either new set items, those rare crafting mats or azurewrath/Thunderfury. Other than that is just grinding epics and paragons and rifting with friends. Might eventualy get a boost on my WD, looks like a lot of fun.
This weekend mine shot up about 250k, just from running rifts.

The weapon was too good to salvage so I *had* to level a Barb just to use it. I'll be going from a 70dps weapon to 2200dps weapon, should be amazing. The levels will fly by.

quackattack

This weekend mine shot up about 250k, just from running rifts.

The weapon was too good to salvage so I *had* to level a Barb just to use it. I'll be going from a 70dps weapon to 2200dps weapon, should be amazing. The levels will fly by.
Nice! 70dps must be like chopping wooden logs with a q-tip:(

mitChley

Nice! 70dps must be like chopping wooden logs with a q-tip:(
It's not actually that bad, most normal mobs are 2 shots, elites take a little longer. This is only at normal though.

Once I get this weapon up and running I will wind up the difficulty. Adventure mode makes it so much faster, was fed up of the story after running it 4 times to get through to Inferno mode.

quackattack

It's not actually that bad, most normal mobs are 2 shots, elites take a little longer. This is only at normal though.

Once I get this weapon up and running I will wind up the difficulty. Adventure mode makes it so much faster, was fed up of the story after running it 4 times to get through to Inferno mode.
Good tip if you want more xp (hence more progress) is perhaps to start on expert/master or even t1. I always do this.

mitChley

Good tip if you want more xp (hence more progress) is perhaps to start on expert/master or even t1. I always do this.
I never bothered with recipes in vanilla so I don't have any crafted gear for my Barb which makes him nice a squishy. Anything too high and he goes down like a wet paper bag.

quackattack

I never bothered with recipes in vanilla so I don't have any crafted gear for my Barb which makes him nice a squishy. Anything too high and he goes down like a wet paper bag.
True, but playing from the begining is quite possible, you level with super speed in the start:P
anyways, got any paragon levels? helps out quite a lot. Also collecting gear which pumps out loads of dps (like you have done with your 1hander). is great.

mitChley

True, but playing from the begining is quite possible, you level with super speed in the start:P
anyways, got any paragon levels? helps out quite a lot. Also collecting gear which pumps out loads of dps (like you have done with your 1hander). is great.
Only gotten 70odd Paragon.

I stopped playing D3 after killing Diablo on Inferno.

mitChley

Finally got my Thunderfury on my Wizard last night, the Pig Sticker will almost definitely be getting salvaged.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I just reached level 70 yesterday night as I killed Malthael!

Let's see what this paragon thing is then! I'm playing a barbarian. Do you guys suggest 2 handers or dual wield?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I just reached level 70 yesterday night as I killed Malthael!

Let's see what this paragon thing is then! I'm playing a barbarian. Do you guys suggest 2 handers or dual wield?
The only reason to use 2 handers if if you're a crusader or if you get a perfectly rolled maximus.

quackattack

The only reason to use 2 handers if if you're a crusader or if you get a perfectly rolled maximus.
Yes!

Any one has any good wizard builds for going on to T3 and above?
Well, it is a very vauge question. The reason is that I/we have no idea what items you have at your disposal which makes it difficult to determine which skills would benefit from what etc, but a bit more info might be useful, or just try something yourself.

Skywarden

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/strider-1116/hero/10659029

Rocking this right now, need blackthorne pants and a better amulet and I'm ready to progress to T4.
How did that build work out for you? How far did you push it? I figured I wanted to try it out on a new Wizard. I lost my Crusader last week to a terrible triple pack on the corvus map on T6. We were stuck in a tight spot and there were so much shit on the ground that I simply couldn't heal through it. But it was a fair death and nothing like the "bugged" deaths I experience one two of my Demon Hunters.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skywarden-2875/hero/43369913

quackattack

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/strider-1116/hero/10659029

Rocking this right now, need blackthorne pants and a better amulet and I'm ready to progress to T4.
I'd switch it up a bit (on the wizz). Drop hydra for whisp. any rune on it will be good, but pref. the one who proveides crit. Also passives could be different, especially elemental exposure does not give much. Conflag should be a must in addition to either unwavering will or audacity (depending on style of play).

But this is just my thoughts.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I played for a number of hours today, never played diablo games before. Not too sure what to make of it. I put the difficulty up to hard and it was still easy. I've not died at all yet. I meticulously explored every bit of the map and think I was approaching end of act 1. Turned the game off and fired it up again, all my exploration is now gone. This pisses me off.