Diablo 3 - Rise of the Necromancer

Nanook

I'm thinking of getting this game on PS4 and I've read that online was unplayable on PS3 and is likely to be the same on PS4 because everybody had hacked weapons and stuff, is that true?

Kallech33

My happy place. Where I kill more than time.
Hmmm, cant seem to find an answer for this.
I don't get the question tbh.
What do you want to do exactly?
I know all your characters are saved either on the HDD of your console or on your PSN account (cloud) or both.
For example if your mate visits you for a round of co-op he can save his Diablo-Profile from his PS/XB360 on an usb-stick and play co-op with you. After the session he can just copy his D3-Profile back on the USB-Stick and copy it to his own console again. Meaning he doesn't lose any progress/items you achieved together.

I'm thinking of getting this game on PS4 and I've read that online was unplayable on PS3 and is likely to be the same on PS4 because everybody had hacked weapons and stuff, is that true?
This is probably true. At least it makes sense to me.
Your profile can be saved offline on your console.
Meaning that, if you found a great item you could just save your profile/char on a stick or external HDD then go back to the game, give the item to a friend, leave again. Copy back your old profile from your stick or external drive and thus duplicate the item.
I don't know if Blizzard have means to detect duplicated items though and can ban you if you posses such an item.
In the end that shouldn't put you off playing it though. It can be annoying if people "cheat" in such a way but ultimately D3 isn't a PvP or competitive game.
EDIT: Also why would a game be 'unplayable' because other people have duplicated items?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't get the question tbh.
What do you want to do exactly?
I know all your characters are saved either on the HDD of your console or on your PSN account (cloud) or both.
For example if your mate visits you for a round of co-op he can save his Diablo-Profile from his PS/XB360 on an usb-stick and play co-op with you. After the session he can just copy his D3-Profile back on the USB-Stick and copy it to his own console again. Meaning he doesn't lose any progress/items you achieved together.
I have a PS4, with PSN. He has no PS4, and no PSN. What would happen with the character he played with if we did it couch co-op? Would that 2nd character be saved at all? Would it just save as a 2nd character on my main account?

Kallech33

I have a PS4, with PSN. He has no PS4, and no PSN. What would happen with the character he played with if we did it couch co-op? Would that 2nd character be saved at all? Would it just save as a 2nd character on my main account?
Ah, now I get it.
I'm pretty sure his character will be saved to your D3-account. Where else would it be saved if your mate doesn't own D3 himself and there is no way it won't get saved at all.
I could imagine though that you will need a guest-account/profile on your PS4 (no PSN account though) for you two to play couch co-op at all.

Edit: You could probably ask that question in an official D3 console forum on the battle.net but the blues (mods) on there are mostly useless and either have no clue or don't answer such serious questions at all.

Nanook

This is probably true. At least it makes sense to me.
Your profile can be saved offline on your console.
Meaning that, if you found a great item you could just save your profile/char on a stick or external HDD then go back to the game, give the item to a friend, leave again. Copy back your old profile from your stick or external drive and thus duplicate the item.
I don't know if Blizzard have means to detect duplicated items though and can ban you if you posses such an item.
In the end that shouldn't put you off playing it though. It can be annoying if people "cheat" in such a way but ultimately D3 isn't a PvP or competitive game.
EDIT: Also why would a game be 'unplayable' because other people have duplicated items?
Because the items in question had like 25 billion damage. This is the video I watched on it.

I also read a forum where everybody was saying the same thing that on ps3/xbox 360 it was unplayable because of it and it would probably be the same on the next gen consoles.

Kallech33

Because the items in question had like 25 billion damage. This is the video I watched on it.

I also read a forum where everybody was saying the same thing that on ps3/xbox 360 it was unplayable because of it and it would probably be the same on the next gen consoles.
Okay that's pretty shitty if that is really the state of D3 on consoles. And he's probably right that you can only play it singleplayer or with friends or maybe join a clan (is there a D3-Redcafe clan or community? Do clans or communities even exist on consoles?)
That's the prize you pay though if you're not forced to play online at all times like you are on PC.
They probably should have implemented a system for the console version like they had in Diablo 2 where open and closed battlenet chars were seperated; Meaning you could play 'open battlenet chars' either online in the open battlenet or offline in singleplayer mode and 'closed battlenet chars' would only be playable when your online and your char gets saved on their servers not offline on your console so couldn't fiddle with your character.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yo, who else has this game on PS4? Add me up: michaelness
I found out how to get your gift. It was in the letter box

What gift did I send you?

Also you mentioned you killed a thing that killed me. How did you do that?

I need to read up about this game. I have this ghost dog following me around since the start. It does nothing at all. I also don't really get the levelling up of the blacksmith.

All weapons I pick up are far better than the stuff I can get made or buy from a merchant too.

Kallech33

I need to read up about this game. I have this ghost dog following me around since the start. It does nothing at all. I also don't really get the levelling up of the blacksmith.

All weapons I pick up are far better than the stuff I can get made or buy from a merchant too.
If the crafting in RoS for console is similar to RoS on PC:
The items you can forge just through training(levelling) the blacksmith are mostly crap. It gets only interesting after you found plans which drop randomly and which your blacksmith can use if he's at a certain level to craft legendary or set items.

Basically it's not worth levelling the blacksmith at all until you reach max level (lvl 70). Then you should level him up as fast as possible.
Levelling your Jeweler early makes much more sense because good gems (especially a good one in your weapon) boost your stats and damage a lot.
Of course if you have gold left over you can also level your blacksmith while your below max level but forging isn't really worth it because monsters will drop upgrades all the time anyway.

Also, if you've got gems in your items and you find a better item and don't need the old item anymore; Don't take the old item to the Jeweler and take them out there (which costs gold). Just salvage the old item via blacksmith and the gems will go to your inventory without any cost.

Stuff from merchants is trash.
There is one rare spawn merchant in act one I think who sells some random crafting plans though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I have not tried Diablo in console, but even FPS like CoD etc, I prefer on PC. Maybe it's just personal choice, but som,ehow I think PC is way better in terms of utility, output and as a overall package.
PCs are no doubt better in all of those areas but contrary to what Kaos posted in the other thread, they are far more expensive than a console. Maybe you can be dilligent and take your time to build or find a decent rig for a few hundred dollars more than a console but in my experience a quality gaming laptop (because who uses desktops anymore?) is at least twice the cost of a new console.

Kaos

PCs are no doubt better in all of those areas but contrary to what Kaos posted in the other thread, they are far more expensive than a console. Maybe you can be dilligent and take your time to build or find a decent rig for a few hundred dollars more than a console but in my experience a quality gaming laptop (because who uses desktops anymore?) is at least twice the cost of a new console.
Sorry Dwazza, but I'd rank a 'gaming laptop' as amongst the biggest wastes of money in the tech world. Its an awkward niche that is pretty much obsolete and you have to pay a hefty price for the compromise.

In truth, you're probably correct in that a gaming PC will still cost more than any console (though I stand by the opinion that you can stretch the price pretty close), but the pay off is you get IMO a superior gaming experience, the perks of modding, better visuals, better controls and in general a better online community. You'll also save a heap loads on the cheaper games on PC which evens out the cost in the long-term.

JackXX

Going to probably get this for PS4 later. First one I've played!

Dr. Dwayne

Sorry Dwazza, but I'd rank a 'gaming laptop' as amongst the biggest wastes of money in the tech world. Its an awkward niche that is pretty much obsolete and you have to pay a hefty price for the compromise.

In truth, you're probably correct in that a gaming PC will still cost more than any console (though I stand by the opinion that you can stretch the price pretty close), but the pay off is you get IMO a superior gaming experience, the perks of modding, better visuals, better controls and in general a better online community. You'll also save a heap loads on the cheaper games on PC which evens out the cost in the long-term.
Could be the reason I don't have one, Kaos. ;)

D3 was the same price on release for PC and consoles. I'd suspect that most new releases are with the PC prices dropping faster and possibly available for free if you know where to look...not sure about that, though.

Kaos

Could be the reason I don't have one, Kaos. ;)

D3 was the same price on release for PC and consoles. I'd suspect that most new releases are with the PC prices dropping faster and possibly available for free if you know where to look...not sure about that, though.
Is it? Last time I checked it was about £30 on PC and £50 on the consoles. Even if they were the same price it wouldn't be surprising considering the game is essentially a re-release of an older game. You can be pretty sure that the new multiplatform games will be considerably cheaper on PC.

Dr. Dwayne

Is it? Last time I checked it was about £30 on PC and £50 on the consoles. Even if they were the same price it wouldn't be surprising considering the game is essentially a re-release of an older game. You can be pretty sure that the new multiplatform games will be considerably cheaper on PC.
I paid $59.99 for the PC and PS3 version a day or two after release, but they rip us off on almost everything in Canada. Maple syrup is about the only thing we get for less than everyone else in the world.

Kallech33

I paid €45 for D3 at PC release and €40 for RoS.
RoS on Xbox360 and PS3 costs €40 at the moment and €65 for XB1 and PS4.

This is consistent with the rule that a multiplatform game on PC costs about €15 less at release than on the latest consoles and the prices also drop a lot sooner (which is compensating that reselling games is basically dead on PC I guess).

MalibuKen

I got a ring I think? Cheers!!

The monster that got you then came into my game as a levelled up version, it came up as 'Randall Flags nemesis' if it had got me as well it would have levelled up again and gone into someone on my friend lists game.

It was a right nasty bastard tbf.

There's not really any point levelling up the blacksmith until you get to level 70 it seems...

I ended up joining some random dutch guys game last night and played until the wee hours.

Love it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I got a ring I think? Cheers!!

The monster that got you then came into my game as a levelled up version, it came up as 'Randall Flags nemesis' if it had got me as well it would have levelled up again and gone into someone on my friend lists game.

It was a right nasty bastard tbf.

There's not really any point levelling up the blacksmith until you get to level 70 it seems...

I ended up joining some random dutch guys game last night and played until the wee hours.

Love it.
Killed the butcher at the end if act 1. It dropped a present for you, so I sent it.

Skizzo

Just got this on ps4...if anyone is ever kicking around online....shoot me a PM on here and let me know what info you need. New to all this mmo gaming on consoles :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How important is the story in this game? I've asked it a few pages before and got a reply but then asked again to make it clear. Do I need to worry about all the stuff that happens in there?

I've picked Barbarian now, seems like the best option to have some mindless fun without worrying about magic etc. I think Crusader or Monk could be better choice though.

Lance Uppercut

How important is the story in this game? I've asked it a few pages before and got a reply but then asked again to make it clear. Do I need to worry about all the stuff that happens in there?

I've picked Barbarian now, seems like the best option to have some mindless fun without worrying about magic etc. I think Crusader or Monk could be better choice though.
The story is easy to follow and not overly important. Killing monsters and getting better loot is the aim.

Sarni

The story is easy to follow and not overly important. Killing monsters and getting better loot is the aim.
Good. So far I don't really know what's going on, someone has disappeared and I'm looking for him but I can't see why.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Good. So far I don't really know what's going on, someone has disappeared and I'm looking for him but I can't see why.
Ah, Deckard Cain... pretty much the only character featuring in all three. He's a legend.

Don't worry too much. Kill monsters, explore and open everything, find better stuff, rinse and repeat. Awesome game!

Sarni

Ah, Deckard Cain... pretty much the only character featuring in all three. He's a legend.

Don't worry too much. Kill monsters, explore and open everything, find better stuff, rinse and repeat. Awesome game!
I've read about him now and from what I understand the whole series is about demons trying to take over the world and protagonist along with some other people attempting to prevent them from doing that?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I’ve gotten to the stage a while ago that any weapons or armour that is blue or grey I just sell or Salvage. I assume that is OK? Although I have gotten rid of a few rare items too. Legendary is the best I’m guessing? Reminds me or Borderlands in that respect, I only keep the good stuff

Also I was levelling up my Black Smith, and only realised I was giving him skills that was not relevant to my class.

Can I join someone else’s game as my current level and character?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I've read about him now and from what I understand the whole series is about demons trying to take over the world and protagonist along with some other people attempting to prevent them from doing that?
Yeah pretty much. The plot is definitely secondary to the gameplay, and, especially since the expansion, the gameplay is very good.

@Randall Flagg You're spot on there. It'll get to the point that the only thing you'll pick up are the yellows or Orange, as well as potions, gold and gems. Blues and Whites are pretty much pointless apart from very early on. Then you'll find that you'll be salvaging or selling 99% of the yellows you pick up too.

Danillaco

I won't buy the expansion for the Playstation, mostly because they butchered one of the best and most synergistic builds of the game in the WW Permazeker Barbarian.

Sometimes I still play it to remember how awesome it was.

Anyway, who still plays on on PC, US servers?