Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m about to start this up today. Are all the character classes similar in terms of pros and cons? This is my first Diablo and I was leaning towards sorcerer.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I’m about to start this up today. Are all the character classes similar in terms of pros and cons? This is my first Diablo and I was leaning towards sorcerer.
Sorcerer is always a good starter for learning tbh, gives you enough space between you and enemies and area attacks to kill multiples.

Barbarian is simple to learn, but can be a grind because of the nature of close combat and getting swarmed.

Hamnat

I need to do some Nightmare dungeons noticed I have a ton of the tokens. Haven't tried any yet but did 3 World bosses and a few Helltide events past few days.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I went sorcerer, level 39 now. Honestly I would have liked more skills, I don't feel there are that many, or most of them are completely useless - basically all the summoning ones have been terrible, all of the X / basic attacks terrible apart from arc lash, only one ultimate, load of the enchantments terrible (hello 30 second useless serpent fire thing). Still fun, but hopefully some of the other classes have a bit more diversity.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I was having a grand old time until I went into this tower where some big guy called The Butcher completely destroyed me.

Fun game though.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Have no idea about the game, but the "Lilith" remix from Halsey is a great "anthem" for the game.

Phil Jones Face

I was having a grand old time until I went into this tower where some big guy called The Butcher completely destroyed me.

Fun game though.
Yeah, he took me by surprise. Levelling up I was finding all the other bosses a breeze. Bumped into this guy, he smashed me and I quickly did a runner. Thought I was going to lose my save (running on hardcore)

Woodzy

This online thing is a disgrace. Kicked me out of a game I’ve paid £60 to play and can’t get back on now.

Hamnat

Did several Nightmare dungeon runs now not bad at all. Never run into le Butcher as of yet. It kind of feels like I should be planning where to put the Paragon points but I kind of just winging it really. I finally figured out I should only go for the Mystery Chest in the Helltides. It has way better stuff, now I only go for that if I am doing a Helltide.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Re-started as a rogue today as the sorcerer became already a bit stale.
Funny enough I already met the Butcher at lvl10 - and he butchered me good - first enemy I came across in my D4 experience that looked like I defo can‘t beat him with my current level/specs.

redcucumber

I fecking love this game. Took me 5 go's to kill Resurrected Malice as a level 11 Rogue. I played as a Necromancer in the beta and liquified everything I came across, so I'm enjoying the challenge.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Someone convince me to buy this. I didn't like Diablo 3. I was never into Diablo 2.

Is it good enough to overcome my disgust for Blizzard?

Do you ever feel like you have to play or that the game is designed to play with other people?

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Someone convince me to buy this. I didn't like Diablo 3. I was never into Diablo 2.

Is it good enough to overcome my disgust for Blizzard?

Do you ever feel like you have to play or that the game is designed to play with other people?
First real Diablo game for me so can‘t talk about the mechanics or details in comparison but I played the D1 demo back in the day and instantly fell in love with it (can‘t remember why I didn‘t get the full version, money tight or pc outdated eventually) and D4 catches that atmosphere perfectly.
Looks and plays gorgeously.

Came back to the franchise via Immortal by chance and got D2 and D3 to bridge the waiting time for D4(which I played the demo of and was reminded on those glorious days booting D1 up the very first time so knew I‘d get it day 1). D2 was fine but was a bit too clunky / outdated for my taste while D3 felt like a gaudy version so couldn‘t catch the right tone and atmosphere at all so stopped playing it after one session.

I play completely solo and while I‘d appreciate the possibility to shut everybody else out to max immersion it‘s also quite tame and I hardly see others outside of towns - maybe because I still explore the nooks and crannies in the first zones, dunno. It‘s nothing compared to Immortal which felt incredible cheap regarding certain mechanics and design choices - guess it was free to play for a reason.

tl/dr: if on pc I‘d give it a try for <two hours and would refund if not convinced. It didn‘t take that long for me to fall in love with it and still am. Maybe it‘s not perfect but it‘s a very well crafted game

nimic

something nice
Scout
First real Diablo game for me so can‘t talk about the mechanics or details in comparison but I played the D1 demo back in the day and instantly fell in love with it (can‘t remember why I didn‘t get the full version, money tight or pc outdated eventually) and D4 catches that atmosphere perfectly.
Looks and plays gorgeously.

Came back to the franchise via Immortal by chance and got D2 and D3 to bridge the waiting time for D4(which I played the demo of and was reminded on those glorious days booting D1 up the very first time so knew I‘d get it day 1). D2 was fine but was a bit too clunky / outdated for my taste while D3 felt like a gaudy version so couldn‘t catch the right tone and atmosphere at all so stopped playing it after one session.

I play completely solo and while I‘d appreciate the possibility to shut everybody else out to max immersion it‘s also quite tame and I hardly see others outside of towns - maybe because I still explore the nooks and crannies in the first zones, dunno. It‘s nothing compared to Immortal which felt incredible cheap regarding certain mechanics and design choices - guess it was free to play for a reason.

tl/dr: if on pc I‘d give it a try for <two hours and would refund if not convinced. It didn‘t take that long for me to fall in love with it and still am. Maybe it‘s not perfect but it‘s a very well crafted game
Cheers. Maybe I'll have to go to give it a go at some point.

MadMike

Did several Nightmare dungeon runs now not bad at all. Never run into le Butcher as of yet. It kind of feels like I should be planning where to put the Paragon points but I kind of just winging it really. I finally figured out I should only go for the Mystery Chest in the Helltides. It has way better stuff, now I only go for that if I am doing a Helltide.
I’m level 53 and I still get railed by the butcher. You need a special setup to rail that mofo. I hate him.

redcucumber

Is anyone here a rogue? I'm level 26 and just burn energy ridiculously fast using twisting blades. Any way to improve energy? I've got poison trap, shadow imbuement, flurry shot, death trap and puncture (and twisting blades obv). Death trap is cool but 50 second cool down is mental.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Is anyone here a rogue? I'm level 26 and just burn energy ridiculously fast using twisting blades. Any way to improve energy? I've got poison trap, shadow imbuement, flurry shot, death trap and puncture (and twisting blades obv). Death trap is cool but 50 second cool down is mental.
Yep. But can‘t help with that. Just started as a rogue and am lvl 14 now (seemed to level faster than my sorcerer) but not using blades atm. Have to say that powershot that hits enemies like a truck combined with other fun skills makes it extremely easy. Love that class so far and the whole twin blades setups seem like a great way to switch up on playstyle later on.

redcucumber

Yep. But can‘t help with that. Just started as a rogue and am lvl 14 now (seemed to level faster than my sorcerer) but not using blades atm. Have to say that powershot that hits enemies like a truck combined with other fun skills makes it extremely easy. Love that class so far and the whole twin blades setups seem like a great way to switch up on playstyle later on.
Puncture regenerates energy pretty fast so it's handy to spam that, although inflicts feck all damage.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I switched to lightning sorc from fire and it's waaay better. Unstable currents is mental.

Resonance

I switched to lightning sorc from fire and it's waaay better. Unstable currents is mental.
Yea it absolutely wrecks elite packs, I feel like a build around Unstable Currents, trying to reduce the cooldown and increase procs could be the way to go.

Hamnat

All three World Bosses are really easy. It never feels like any group will lose. I mean that's good as solo inclined people who still want something off them can just ride in win and go back.

I'm stuck on the last boss fight in Kor Dragan. I can get really close with this ice shards build but just the length of the fight and trying to manage potions isn't working I tried every elixr to tip the scales a bit too.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Choose your class carefully. Some build sucks in higher content.

Full summon necro summons got killed in 2 hits, making the build extremely not fun and hard to play unless youre a 1% leet tweaker
Yeah lotta discussion about that on Reddit too. Necro myself and went summoner but haven't quite plateaud yet... though I did notice it suddenly a rather rapid decline in effectiveness the more I progress.

MadMike

Choose your class carefully. Some build sucks in higher content.

Full summon necro summons got killed in 2 hits, making the build extremely not fun and hard to play unless youre a 1% leet tweaker
As a fellow necro here, and one who used summoner build for levelling, summoner necro is unfortunately not really viable at end game but thankfully there are other builds that are. However if you're going into high nightmare dungeon tiers, I would say from 40 onwards, you will get two-shot by pretty much anything.

You have to engage mobs either inside a Bone Storm ultimate or with your Blood Mist. I would say Shadow Necro (with Sever and Blighted Corpse Explosion) or Bone Necro (built either for Bone Spirit or Bone Spear) are both really potent at end game. The only thing the class really lacks is mobility. It's slow to got from pack to pack and you can get easily stuck in spiderwebs or what not.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
As a fellow necro here, and one who used summoner build for levelling, summoner necro is unfortunately not really viable at end game but thankfully there are other builds that are. However if you're going into high nightmare dungeon tiers, I would say from 40 onwards, you will get two-shot by pretty much anything.

You have to engage mobs either inside a Bone Storm ultimate or with your Blood Mist. I would say Shadow Necro (with Sever and Blighted Corpse Explosion) or Bone Necro (built either for Bone Spirit or Bone Spear) are both really potent at end game. The only thing the class really lacks is mobility. It's slow to got from pack to pack and you can get easily stuck in spiderwebs or what not.
Ou they have viable build like Bone mancer, but i wish all build is somehow workable and balanced. I love summoner necro game play... Shame had to reroll to Barbarian

Kylar Stern

I went with a Bone Spirit necromancer build and its really fun, however you have to micromanage everything as you can burn through dungeons but one shot from an Elite can drop you at any point.

Currently level 68 and running WT4 but cant do the new set of nightmare dungeons for that reason - I think Ill have to grind out another 10 levels at least before I can get onto those…

MadMike

Ou they have viable build like Bone mancer, but i wish all build is somehow workable and balanced. I love summoner necro game play... Shame had to reroll to Barbarian
I would very much like every build to be equally viable, but man... Barbarian? I don't know, I find that class supremely boring. 99% of the builds are the same. 3-shouts, 1 core skill (spin-2-win or HoTA), 1 basic skill (lunging strikes) and 1 flex (Kick for vulnerable or Ult). I find spamming WW while trying to maximise shout uptime to be very unengaging gameplay and Barb is pigeon holed to that style.

Necro might not be as good in summoner mode at end-game, but at least it has 3-4 significantly different, yet viable, builds.

mitChley

Felt like an utter scumbag but went back to WT3 PvP zones as a level 67 Druid earlier. Bloodbath is how i'd describe it. Had three of level 50 odd try to group up and attack and they just bounced off me.

MadMike

I went with a Bone Spirit necromancer build and its really fun, however you have to micromanage everything as you can burn through dungeons but one shot from an Elite can drop you at any point.

Currently level 68 and running WT4 but cant do the new set of nightmare dungeons for that reason - I think Ill have to grind out another 10 levels at least before I can get onto those…
Bone Spirit bomber build is huge fun. I would say Shadowmancer is a bit safer and can push slightly tougher NM dungeons. But yeah most of the end-game builds really shine after 85-90 levels when you have most Paragon boards filled-in and have good gear.

Last edited:

Woodzy

I'm having a blast. Level 43 and only just finished Act 2. Doesn't feel like so much of a chore doing side quests and exploring like in most open world games, which is ironic because the gameplay itself is a lot more repetitive than most.

kps88

I'm level 11 and finding this too easy. I've yet to die once. Is this normal? I started on the first tier. Should I increase the difficulty or play through the whole campaign first?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm level 11 and finding this too easy. I've yet to die once. Is this normal? I started on the first tier. Should I increase the difficulty or play through the whole campaign first?
It does get progressively harder even on Tier 1. I'd wait til you're at least around 25-30 to decide whether you still think it's too easy and then change tier.