Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

kps88

It does get progressively harder even on Tier 1. I'd wait til you're at least around 25-30 to decide whether you still think it's too easy and then change tier.
Thanks I'll stick with it then.

I'm enjoying this but it freezes on me at least once a day on the PS5 where I'm able to move my character but the rest of the enemies are frozen. Only solution is to restart and I have to then replay the bit because it doesn't autosaves or do checkpoints that frequently either.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
So I‘ve got a couple of legendary gear (lvl 33): any reason not to drop it for rare gear that has vastly better stats? Guess I should keep it in my stash for later instead if salvaging it, right?

Woodzy

So I‘ve got a couple of legendary gear (lvl 33): any reason not to drop it for rare gear that has vastly better stats? Guess I should keep it in my stash for later instead if salvaging it, right?
Exactly that. I’d say you would want three stars on the rare gear to be significantly better though. Usually the bonuses that coke with the legendary gear outweighs the minimal stat gains.

Kylar Stern

Resurfacing to say that I am now incredibly addicted to this, to the point that Street Fighter VI (one of my favorite franchises) has seen about 2 hours playtime since it came out.

My Necro is level 78 now, and I'm pretty much focused on smashing through nightmare dungeons to level my glyphs up. This is so much better than D3, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new classes come with the expansions and what new mechanics seasons will bring.

Hamnat

I was late moving to WT4 at 70 this weekend on my sorc. I really need to sort my paragon build out I wasn't really planning it the whole time I probably made mistakes.

Resonance

New patch yesterday, some marginal buffs to sorcerer, not enough but it's a start. A lot more XP now from Nightmare dungeons also.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Should I get this on PC or on PS5?
no real opinion, but I like to play via controller but to manage items and whatnot via mouse on the fly. Hate doing inventory stuff with the controller - but maybe the PS5 ones are vastly superior compared to my cheap standard one regarding that, dunno.

Habs

Any tips for beating the curator in the capstone dungeon. I am level 50 rogue, getting absolutely hammered by him each time

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So I went ahead and bought the PS5 version. I regret already. I dont feel the games graphical style and camera view befits a widescreen couch experience. But I thought no problem, I can just insert my mouse and keyboard and play on it on my pc moniter apart from the fact I found out the ps5 version doesnt support mouse and keyboard. Still not regretting buying it, just for the wrong platform for my tastes.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Those annoying gemstones in the inventory..cluttering up 1/3 of the space is madness!

Question about legendary gear: got about 12 or so leg. items and would like to infuse some "aspects" (not sure about the naming) you get from doing dungeons the first time but it seems I need a material that you only get by salvaging legendary stuff...any tips about that? First I got to remove the bonus from the item I'd like to salvage I guess but any downsides to it / things to consider?

mitChley

Those annoying gemstones in the inventory..cluttering up 1/3 of the space is madness!

Question about legendary gear: got about 12 or so leg. items and would like to infuse some "aspects" (not sure about the naming) you get from doing dungeons the first time but it seems I need a material that you only get by salvaging legendary stuff...any tips about that? First I got to remove the bonus from the item I'd like to salvage I guess but any downsides to it / things to consider?
When you remove the aspect it destroys the gear. You need to remove any aspects from legendaries you want/need, and salvage any legendaries that you don't want and have bad aspects. On any given emptying of inventory I'll usually only extract 1 aspect, and salvage any other legendary. And sell all yellows and blues.

mitChley

Any tips for beating the curator in the capstone dungeon. I am level 50 rogue, getting absolutely hammered by him each time
If you're really struggling then having someone help you is what most people do. D4 discord has a channel for help.

Hamnat

Target farming the Uniques you want really helps a couple hours I got my Rainment of the infinite by doing the specific nightmare runs its more likely to drop from. Ran into butcher again and ran like I stole his wallet. Alderwood and Blind burrows are also easy to farm and quick

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I’ve had three encounters with the butcher. Twice he one shot me. 3rd time I kited and used shields and all my health potions chipping him down to a slither of health. I was nearly dead with no potions so backtracked to go and find one… and the twat despawned by the time I came back

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
When you remove the aspect it destroys the gear. You need to remove any aspects from legendaries you want/need, and salvage any legendaries that you don't want and have bad aspects. On any given emptying of inventory I'll usually only extract 1 aspect, and salvage any other legendary. And sell all yellows and blues.
Thanks. I assume you kinda know what build you wanna rock? Because I like to play it mostly blind and have a bit of a hard time to decide which legendary to salvage..

Is money a thing later on? Because I hardly spend anything so far and salvage everything except for legendaries.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Thanks. I assume you kinda know what build you wanna rock? Because I like to play it mostly blind and have a bit of a hard time to decide which legendary to salvage..

Is money a thing later on? Because I hardly spend anything so far and salvage everything except for legendaries.
Money is only important to enchant your end game items. Most of the time you find a very good item that is missing one stat, so you need to go to the enchanter and roll that stat to make a good item into a best in slot item. It depends on your luck how quickly you'll roll it. The problem is, the cost for enchanting the same item again and again rises exponentially. Some spent 100 million gold just to roll a perfect stat on an item. Or you can simply buy good items from other players via trade. Good weapons also go for 80-100 million gold for example.

Gehrman

Why doesn't the Ps5 controller rumble? I have it on in settings.

Gehrman

The lvl scaling feels out of place in a dungeon crawler.

Simbo

Yeh later on you should be selling everything, earlier on you need to salvage for mats as you swap gear a lot more often.

Habs

If you're really struggling then having someone help you is what most people do. D4 discord has a channel for help.
Yep, got one of my mates to help me get through. Have been pretty comfortable on tier 3 since

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I seem to have hit a wall in tier 3 where all the drops I'm getting are no better than what I already have - often worse.

Is this because i just need to do even higher nightmare dungeons? I'm level 60 and just did a Tier 11 one and the drops were still slightly below what I already have. How high do I need to go above Tier 11 to start getting upgrades?

AnotherLondonManc

I seem to have hit a wall in tier 3 where all the drops I'm getting are no better than what I already have - often worse.

Is this because i just need to do even higher nightmare dungeons? I'm level 60 and just did a Tier 11 one and the drops were still slightly below what I already have. How high do I need to go above Tier 11 to start getting upgrades?
Almost regardless of item level, all sacred gear is going to be more or less the same item power. Pushing nightmare dungeons at this point wouldn't be worth it. Run them at a level you can clear easily as you'll get more drops that way. Eventually something will drop that's (marginally) better

Just try to kit yourself out with as much sacred gear as you can, with the best affixes you can find for your build. Other than that, you should be into your second paragon board by now, and that's where you'll see the biggest power spike.

Welcome to the grind

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

There can't be a wall of drops. Yes, in higher nm dungeons you get a better probability of sacred items in your level range, but even in normal dungeons the loot is always good enough to progress. Maybe you're looking at wrong stats on those items? You need to know and look for damage buckets, so your damage will multiply, instead of adding up. Here is a good video:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Would this game be suitable for someone that has never played any of the previous games? I do like the look of it.

Gehrman

Would this game be suitable for someone that has never played any of the previous games? I do like the look of it.
Its fairly straightforward. The difference between this and former games is the lvl scaling. Just start on tier 1(easy mode). And you will be alright.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Is this worth getting for PS5? I’m thinking about getting it but not sure.
Depends on if you like action rpgs or not. If you like arpgs, then it's definitely worth it.
This game has a 10-15 hour campaign and then it's dungeon grind with no end.

Baneofthegame

Depends on if you like action rpgs or not. If you like arpgs, then it's definitely worth it.
This game has a 10-15 hour campaign and then it's dungeon grind with no end.
Well I was pretty deep into Diablo 1 and 2 when I had a pc way back when. Just wonder if it’s as fun or do you need a reliable group etc.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Well I was pretty deep into Diablo 1 and 2 when I had a pc way back when. Just wonder if it’s as fun or do you need a reliable group etc.
You don't need a group. I play a solo sorc and necro and have a blast so far. In my opinion, this game gives a very satisfying feeling by melting enemy hordes, if you skill and equip the right items.
The aesthetics and graphics also speak for themselves. The story is okayish, nothing special. Some poeple don't like the scaling mechanic, where you feel sometimes you get weaker by leveling up, because the world scales with you, but that's personal taste.
Season 1 starts in a few weeks with additional content. But you'll need always a fresh character for seasonal gameplay.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
You don't need a group. I play a solo sorc and necro and have a blast so far. In my opinion, this game gives a very satisfying feeling by melting enemy hordes, if you skill and equip the right items.
The aesthetics and graphics also speak for themselves. The story is okayish, nothing special. Some poeple don't like the scaling mechanic, where you feel sometimes you get weaker by leveling up, because the world scales with you, but that's personal taste.
Season 1 starts in a few weeks with additional content. But you'll need always a fresh character for seasonal gameplay.
What does that mean exactly? I can't use the one I level up right now?

i never played one before and am having a blast. Not sure I'll play it for 100s of hours grinding around but the atmosphere and general gameplay is great. Except for a general question over here I never felt like needing youtube tutorials or whatnot to enjoy it.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
What does that mean exactly? I can't use the one I level up right now?
If you want to play the season, you need a new seasonal character. Our characters are right now on the eternal realm. There will be new seasonal realms, once season 1 starts with new battlepasses every 3 months. When the season ends, your seasonal character will transfer automatically to the eternal realm. So no, we can't use the current characters for seasonal gameplay. That's the whole idea behind seasons, to give players new additional content every 3 months so they create new chars and keep on playing the game. But you don't have to play the season of course if you don't want to and just stay on eternal realms.

AnotherLondonManc

If you want to play the season, you need a new seasonal character. Our characters are right now on the eternal realm. There will be new seasonal realms, once season 1 starts with new battlepasses every 3 months. When the season ends, your seasonal character will transfer automatically to the eternal realm. So no, we can't use the current characters for seasonal gameplay. That's the whole idea behind seasons, to give players new additional content every 3 months so they create new chars and keep on playing the game. But you don't have to play the season of course if you don't want to and just stay on eternal realms.
This just feels like an illusion of choice to me. Do you want to play with all the included gameplay features, and the potential to create the most powerful builds, or do you want to use a gimped character in the eternal realm?

Eternal realm is for the main campaign only. There's literally no point to grinding there when, for the same effort, you could have a character far better in seasons.

I imagine Blizzard are going to do something big for season 1, or risk losing a massive chunk of their player base.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
This just feels like an illusion of choice to me. Do you want to play with all the included gameplay features, and the potential to create the most powerful builds, or do you want to use a gimped character in the eternal realm?

Eternal realm is for the main campaign only. There's literally no point to grinding there when, for the same effort, you could have a character far better in seasons.

I imagine Blizzard are going to do something big for season 1, or risk losing a massive chunk of their player base.
We have to wait for the dev video on the seasonal mode to see exactly what it's going to offer. So far only the battlepass for cosmetics is known. How much more powerful items and builds gonna be we don't know yet. Also I don't think season 1 will be something big, because the dev team spent much time to fix the early bugs and balance of the game. Many in the community expect big changes going into season 2.

Gehrman

Anyone know a good discord for this for casual players looking for some coop.