Diallo vs Pellistri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holters

Diallo looks like a special talent - as does Pellistri to be fair. Anybody know the deal with Diallo's medical today? I know he passed it, but he's not coming until January, right? Why the medical now?
Deal is subject to medical. Of course they have to do it now to finalise the deal.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So he takes a medical for us to go play for Atalanta for another few months - just seems weird. But I'll take your word for it, dude.
Not much point going to all the trouble of getting a work permit only to have him fail the medical.

Drainy

Watching the clip dont show much to be optimistic. I am only looking as a first team player and not a youth player if anyone comes to bite my head in.
Loads of people were saying that Greenwood is a crap finisher, and people were comparing Rashford to Josh King after their first seasons.

Maybe your plea for people not to bite your head off is because you know you are being ridiculous.

Jordan_mufc

Not much point going to all the trouble of getting a work permit only to have him fail the medical.
I think his point is that, whether he passes the medical or not, by the time he joins us in January he'll most likely need another one. A lot can happen.

My answer to the original question is that it's probably a formality when putting through a deal. Just to make sure there aren't any chronic issues at hand.

EDIT: Read your response wrong, we're on the same page haha.

BlahRules

Loads of people were saying that Greenwood is a crap finisher, and people were comparing Rashford to Josh King after their first seasons.

Maybe your plea for people not to bite your head off is because you know you are being ridiculous.
Who said Greenwood is like Rashford? When its clear he is the better forward. Greenwood was unlucky with his finishes. It was quiet clear he was not physically ready to play and after the lockdown he bulked up and started performing.

I said from the video they don't like ready to be our first team right winger but if you think they are ready to make the right wing position their own then you're being ridiculous.

eltigreFalcao

Just picture... with an eye on the future

Henderson
Laird -- Tuanzebe -- Mengi -- ?
Garner -- Hannibal
Diallo -- Pellistri -- Elanga
Greenwood​

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not sure that this is the right thread for this. I haven't seen enough of either to have an opinion. Last nigh Calvin Stengs (AZ) came on for the last 20 minutes for Holland against Mexico. He was really impressive. Left footed plays wide right or as a 10.
i wanted him as the backup option to Sanchnoooo but a few posters on here were saying he’s way too raw. Well I guess Ed showed them!

BlahRules

Try rereading?
You're saying people said Greenwood is a rubbish finisher when it was clear he wasn't physically ready. Rashford comparison with Josh King is load of shit, comparison was with Welbeck. Rashford is inconsistent, and his goal tallies is high bexause of the amount of penalties he scored.

The fact is you think two young wingers will make the right wing their own when from the clips they're not ready for it which is ridiculous.

BR7

Watching the clip dont show much to be optimistic. I am only looking as a first team player and not a youth player if anyone comes to bite my head in.
Not biting I promise but what do you think is going to hold him back as a first team player on the wings?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So the good news is that he isn’t a fake talent. The bad news is that he isn’t an unreal talent.

Kind of what I’d expect for the price.
To be fair if he can become 80% of David Silva then that’s a great, great player to have around.

Amethystxx

Looking forward to see our kid dominant europeans football in the future.

Henderson (Vitek)
Wan Bissaka (Jurado, Laird)
Mengi
Kambala
Alvaro Fernandez (Williams)
Garner
??
Diallo (Pellistri, Chong)
Mejbri (Aaroen)
Rashford (Emeran)
Greenwood (Hugill, Garnacho, McNeil, Shoretire, Hoogewerf, Mejia)

Grande

Amad is going to be incredible in 2-3 years time he will be on top of the world and as is I think he is the better prospect over sancho. I watched sancho destroy our youth team for city in a game and was massively impressed (to be fair I was watching the game to assess Tahith) but Amad will be even better. Him and greenwood will destroy teams. The future really can be so bright but then again we’re owned by the glazers so they will eff this up somehow. Pallistri is defo not a winger and not in the same class as Amad and won’t be. Seriously the boy Amad, I can’t wait to see him he will destroy left backs and he’s left footed. Great acquisition, really pleased. He can start straight away I think
Not to offend you (honestly), but from the bulk of this thread consisting of ‘have not seen them, don’t know’ or satiric ‘next messi’ posts, I’m unsure if you are serious or not. I’m in the ‘don’t know’ group about Diallo having seen some YT highlights and half a u19 game v Lyon. Where you serious, and if so, what do you base that on?

Chief123

Henderson
Garner -- Hannibal
Greenwood​
It depends how many of them have a dream to play for Madrid one day...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Henderson
Garner -- Hannibal
Greenwood​
How come Tuanzebe makes your team but not Rashford?

Pace Abuser

So he takes a medical for us to go play for Atalanta for another few months - just seems weird. But I'll take your word for it, dude.
You can't insure players without a medical. The deal for the transfer has been completed. The registration will be exchanged when the window opens.

BR7

Not to offend you (honestly), but from the bulk of this thread consisting of ‘have not seen them, don’t know’ or satiric ‘next messi’ posts, I’m unsure if you are serious or not. I’m in the ‘don’t know’ group about Diallo having seen some YT highlights and half a u19 game v Lyon. Where you serious, and if so, what do you base that on?
No offence taken my friend and understand your point. It’s come from a mate of mine whose brother is an agent in Europe (won’t specify) he’s considered serious hot property by many in the scouting and agents worlds. If we hadn’t signed him now one of the other big clubs or a sh!!ty Dortmund we’re gonna nab him in the next window. He is on a number of radars and I’ve seen footage of him not on YouTube from my mate who obviously got it from his brother. This is a great signing

Grande

No offence taken my friend and understand your point. It’s come from a mate of mine whose brother is an agent in Europe (won’t specify) he’s considered serious hot property by many in the scouting and agents worlds. If we hadn’t signed him now one of the other big clubs or a sh!!ty Dortmund we’re gonna nab him in the next window. He is on a number of radars and I’ve seen footage of him not on YouTube from my mate who obviously got it from his brother. This is a great signing
Thanks, good to hear.

IrishRedDevil

3 years later and the two of them are looking like promising squad players.

Have to assume Diallo will be part of the United squad next season.

So who’s the better right winger and can one of them play the 10 role?

Dominos

3 years later and the two of them are looking like promising squad players.

Have to assume Diallo will be part of the United squad next season.

So who’s the better right winger and can one of them play the 10 role?
The issue we're going to have next season is we have 6 players for the wide spots.

Rashford
Sancho
Garnacho
Antony
Amad
Pellistri

Ultimately I don't think ETH fancies Pellistri much, I reckon he'll be sold in the summer.

Oh_Dear

The issue we're going to have next season is we have 6 players for the wide spots.

Rashford
Sancho
Garnacho
Antony
Amad
Pellistri

Ultimately I don't think ETH fancies Pellistri much, I reckon he'll be sold in the summer.
You need to add Elanga to that list.

And Amad seems to be developing more into a false 9/10 role. He has great touch, vision and ball retention but lacks the sheer pace and quick acceleration for the wide role.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Rashford
Sancho
Garnacho
Antony
Amad
Pellistri

Amad to play behind the striker while Pellistri will most likely be sold

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think Pellistri will leave. He keeps playing well without getting game time. Just seems as though ETH doesn’t like some facets of his game

r0663664

Worships Man City
Actually, I feel United will regret letting one of them go. I think Pellestri should be given a chance on the right even if our 80 million winger has to sit of the bench. ETH should be fair and give Pellestri a run of games to prove himself. If he fails to prove himself then sell him. Amad could play behind the striker.

zenith

I think they are both potentially better than our current right winger, with a much higher ceiling

Judas

Open to offers
Pellistri made a brilliant cameo yesterday, surely after that we'll see a bit more of him in the remaining games. Fully expect him to push for an exit in the summer if he doesn't, and you can't blame him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Actually, I feel United will regret letting one of them go. I think Pellestri should be given a chance on the right even if our 80 million winger has to sit of the bench. ETH should be fair and give Pellestri a run of games to prove himself. If he fails to prove himself then sell him. Amad could play behind the striker.
Why is that? Even if they're turning out to be a good player, good is not good enough. Not at the price of years of development and game time. Just sell them and buy someone who's ready to fit the bill. It's not like they're academy product anyway. We owe them nothing

flappyjay

Why is that? Even if they're turning out to be a good player, good is not good enough. Not at the price of years of development and game time. Just sell them and buy someone who's ready to fit the bill. It's not like they're academy product anyway. We owe them nothing
That's the type of mentality that saw Chelsea sell De bruyne, Lukaku and Salah before giving them proper game time. We owe ourselves to find out if they are good enough especially looking at how much a decent winger goes for.

TheReligion

Abusive
Anyway aside from the mass hysteria and usual Caf panic we are in safe hands.

Ten Hag enjoys working with young players and helping them develop. He’s done it this season with Garnacho and has been integrating Mainoo and Pellistri.

We should be positive about our options for the future not moaning as per.

Great set of talented young players.

troylocker

Good talents for sure, but come on. Diallo is nowhere near good enough to be a starter in a top side in the PL and seems to have found his level at Sunderland. Pellistri too, despite that one good involvement yesterday. 3rd choice rotation options at best next season. Still impossible to know if they have what it takes to be differencemakers on the top level, but I would say it's low risk letting them both go.

Status
Not open for further replies.