Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I do not have enough likes to post images but you can google it

Mark Hughes at barcelona
Maradona at Sevilla
Di Stefano at Barcelona
Cruyff at Feyenoord, Levante and almost City

Valdes at Manchester United :p
Don't worry, two of those were on the previous page.

FrantikChicken

Surely it's been posted already...Van Der Sar was my favourite keeper ever since I can remember. I can recall having an argument about FIFA stats with another kid on a forum as I was asking why Tim Howard was rated higher and he said "Howard plays for UTD, VDS plays for Fulham"

Anyway, I'm still not sure how he managed to spend so long at an average club.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Di Stefano and Puskas both played for Barca

Actually not Puskas. Puskas just played a friendly in the goodbye of Kubala (both Hungarian) for Barcelona. That's why you can find a picture with Kubala Di Stefano and Puskas with Barcelona shirt. Di Stefano did sign for Barcelona and was with Barcelona for a very short while till the spanish government intervened.

drdoityourself

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually not Puskas. Puskas just played a friendly in the goodbye of Kubala (both Hungarian) for Barcelona. That's why you can find a picture with Kubala Di Stefano and Puskas with Barcelona shirt. Di Stefano did sign for Barcelona and was with Barcelona for a very short while till the spanish government intervened.
I think that Di Stefano didn't play for Barcelona either.Only in that friendly for Kubala.

Devil81

That picture confirms to me Zola will never make it as a manager, they were the laziest players ever.

I would imagine the clubs canteen was the most likely place to find either of them.

jem

Agree with them all except Anelka. When I think of him Bolton is the first shirt I see.
Yeah that seemed like one of the more stable stops in his career; that and Chelsea, surprisingly.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think that Di Stefano didn't play for Barcelona either.Only in that friendly for Kubala.
https://grup14.com/article/the-di-stefano-case-explained

On May 17, 1953, Di Stéfano arrived in Barcelona and played a few unofficial games in the Barcelona shirt, while the details of his signing were being worked out and an agreement was being reached with Millonarios. The Catalan club hired the young lawyer, Ramón Trías Fargas, to negotiate with the Colombian team. The Colombian club, angered by the player’s leaving, blamed Barcelona for his running off. Because of that, despite being aware that they would be unable to play the player again, they demanded $40,000 for his rights, as well as the $4,000 that the player owed due to his transfer having been moved forward. In response to this, Barça offered $10,000...
more money details
...When everything seemed to be finalized, the response from the blaugrana president was incomprehensible for anyone who had followed the negotiations: “It is impossible, nothing can be done. We cannot accept this, it’s $10,000 or nothing. They can take it or leave it.” The mediator, Trías Fargas, translated the surprising reaction to the Millonarios president, who responded: “For some reason that I cannot grasp, Barcelona don’t want to work things out.” That was when Real Madrid pounced; knowing that Barcelona hadn’t concluded the operation, they sent their closer extraordinaire, Raimundo Saporta, to Bogotá to try and seal the player’s transfer for a fee of $30,000....

...Meanwhile, the player himself had a dramatic change of heart in a very short period of time. While on July 24, he had told the daily newspaper Marca that he wanted to play at Barça, a month later he met with Santiago Bernabéu, with whom he reached an economic agreement immediately. At the beginning of September, Real Madrid requested that the Spanish Football Federation make an exception and allow them to sign Di Stéfano, despite the fact that he was a foreigner, claiming that the negotiations for his signing had taken place prior to the ban on recruiting foreign players – the same argument Barcelona used to secure the player’s transfer. The Federation made an exception to the rule of signing foreign players and now had to find a way to resolve the problem. It was at this point that the case came into the hands of FIFA, who chose Armando Muñoz Calero (former president of the Spanish Football Federation and instrumental in Kubala’s signing for Barcelona) for the role of mediator. His Solomonic decision was that Di Stéfano would play one season with each of the teams, alternatively. So Real Madrid would benefit from his services in the seasons 1953/54 and 1955/56, while Barcelona would have him in 1954/55 and 1956/57. After these four seasons, the clubs should come to an agreement. The player was presented at Real Madrid on the same day that the Barcelona president, Martí Carretó, stepped down. A few days later, the rest of the board stood down and were replaced by a commission of six former presidents. It was this same commission who surrendered the player’s rights to Real Madrid in exchange for 4.500,000 pesetas.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I know the case,what I mean is that he didn't play any minute with Barsa(except that friendly), and there are not more photos with a Barsa shirt so actually his situation is similar to Puskas.
Edit:I read now again,I didn't know that had played some unofficial games.Although according to the FIFA resolution he couldn't play even friendlies until the end of 1954

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I know the case,what I mean is that he didn't play any minute with Barsa(except that friendly), and there are not more photos with a Barsa shirt so actually his situation is similar to Puskas.
Edit:I read now again,I didn't know that had played some unofficial games.Although according to the FIFA resolution he couldn't play even friendlies until the end of 1954
Maybe. I stumbled across a different article, on AS, but it's the guy who also said that the Spanish football system is rigged in favor of Barcelona (and against Madrid), so I'm not sure how credible he is. Anyway, the version with a few friendlies seems the most likeliest to me.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/07/19/english/1405795397_684724.html

With no official records it's probably impossible to prove either version now, sadly

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
No, that friendly it was after. He played other friendlies before.

Kubala's friendly it was while he was a Real Madrid player (the same as Puskas). The previous friendlies it was as a signed Barcelona player, wages paid by Barcelona club as a preparation for the official season to come before the Spanish government meddled

Minkaro

Joleon Lescott and, for some reason, an eagle joined AEK Athens.

In November Lescott was released. Not sure about the eagle.

Edit: Even though he's actually there right now, and playing, I keep forgetting Fabio is a Middlesbrough player.

Acole9

Outstanding

I must've been living under a rock when this happened, only found out he played for them just now :lol:.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Yannick Bolasie at Plymouth

David James at Bristol City

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forgot Alan Hutton played for Spurs.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
And of course, Faubert, Gravesen and Woodgate, who we're all very aware of.
Woodgate clearly didn't work out as planned, but he was a top defender that shouldn't be quoted in that company.

Was signed up by Barca before Madrid, but never got around playing any official games so effectively is in the same category as Puskas and that Kubala friendly.

If I didn't know that actually happen I would think that's really bad Photoshop with his massive head and ears :lol: Even the broadest of smiles doesn't belong in a Bolton kit for a player of his stature.

Remember Aubameyang at Milan?
I didn't.
Different one, that's why.

JohnnyLaw

Different one, that's why.
No it's the same one, at least on the picture. He never made any apps for them though. His two older brothers, Willy and Catilia also played for Milan but only Catilia made any competitive senior apps for them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Rui Costa and Nuno Gomes for Fiorentina. Such a weird photo.

Hélder Postiga at Tottenham too.

Agila Dathi

Lee Sharpe played for Grindavik (Iceland) in 2003, only 32 years old. Apparently he was terrible and left after only few games.

David James played for ÍBV (Iceland) in 2013