Did he really play for them?

iHicksy

You know, looking back Bolton had quite a talented team of players in their twigh-light years. Were the majority of these players signed by Big Sam? I forget.

Smudge

Has this thread gone from 'never recalling him playing for that team' to 'surprised that player went there or that team signed the player' :wenger:

youngrell

You know, looking back Bolton had quite a talented team of players in their twigh-light years. Were the majority of these players signed by Big Sam? I forget.
Big Sam was clearly a fan of Champ Man. Crazy the amount of 'legends' he brought to play for Bolton.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Which still isn't a weird as this:

My favourite part about this was when he came on against Barça in one of the games when they played each other about 15 times in a month in every competition and all he did was kick the shit out of any Barça player he got near. It was so blatantly obvious he wasn't doing anything but fouling them it was hilarious.

ravelston

How did Becks play for Milan and PSG? Was he any good? Or was it embarrassing?
For Milan he was excellent - particularly in the first season. The first game was a little awkward because Pirlo refused to pass to him. Ancelotti benched Pirlo for a few games and all went smoothly after that. My abiding memory of his performances there was a little cameo where, with Beckham ahead of him on the right, Pirlo contrived to lose the ball about halfway into their opponent's half. A rapid counterattack ensued as Pirlo stood and watched. The result was a shot that beat the keeper and was cleared off the line - by Beckham. Ancelotti and Capello both understood that what they got with Beckham was an area of the pitch that they didn't have to worry about. They told him what needed to be done and he did it - with 100% effort all the time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Julio Cesar only joined us so that he can be ready for the 2014 World Cup. It's nice to know that we allowed him to join the Brazil squad and finish 4th with them.

Oh yeah, Ryan Nelsen was our head coach for a period of time, and he brought in big-name players like Michael Bradley and this guy:

Blind

Kyle Lafferty with his old strike partners Dybala and Belotti at Palermo.

KTP_ZA

Probably all been posted before but the few that stick in my mind are...

Javier Hernandez at Madrid
Hierro at Bolton
Dempsey at Spurs
Andre Santos at Arsenal

Luke1995

Ronaldinho in the last club of his career, Fluminense

Sturridge at Bolton, really ?

Who was aware of Kante back when he was in Caen ? Seems like forever ago