Did UEFA botch the last 16 draw? - yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njord

That baffled me too. Was this after our pairing with Villarreal when we were taken out of the bowl?
Yes, they picked again (City) after we drew Villarreal, and then before the Atletico draw they said that Manchester United had already been drawn, and shouldn't be included.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would be hilarious if they have to do it again and all the other draws are miraculously the same.

romufc

They will not do it again, UEFA wanted Messi V Ronaldo, they got it, no chance of a redraw.
Maybe if it was Barca or Real who got done like that, they would re-do the draw.

Jackal981

Journalists need to be all over this. I can see it just being brushed under the carpet.

I think it's a genuine mistake and not rigged but they have to re-do it properly.
I think it was rigged but because of their incompetence these morons botched the rigging :lol: :houllier:

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Absolute shambles, it must be redrawn, it should have restarted after the intial error.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Journalists need to be all over this. I can see it just being brushed under the carpet.

I think it's a genuine mistake and not rigged but they have to re-do it properly.
They won’t. They’ll be too busy drooling over Ronaldo vs Messi.

SER19

All football journalists querying the draw, Internet going mad. Its a joke that that draw stands they simply messed it up

Strats

UEFA have to re-draw this if they want any sort of credibility.

Corrupt bastards the lot

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Neh easy to jump to conspiracy but first you need to rule out incompetence. Just rubbish.

saivet

I watched it back. They picked every team out of each pot so they are okay. If they picked United rather than say Juventus then they would have fecked up.

Edit: My bad I only watched the Villareal draw rather than the Ateltico one. Seems they fecked up the first time but didn't take the appropriate steps to avoid another feck up, which they did.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

They are a bunch of clowns who's been having rigged draws for years.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The did botch it up, but knowing how sports governing bodies work, they will never admit their mistake and in this instance, they won't re-draw it. Genuinely done with football and sports in whole for a while, just sick of the corruption and constant disregard for rules.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'm pretty sure they messed up on three distinct occasions:

1) They added Manchester United to Villarreal's draw pot, even though they could not be paired due to being in the same group.
2) They added Liverpool to Atletico Madrid's draw pot, even though they could not be paired due to being in the same group.
3) They failed to add Manchester United to Atletico Madrid's draw pot, even though that was still a valid draw pairing.

This can all be seen on BT Sports replay right now:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s no way they’re going to redraw it. BT Sport have already pumped out the Messi v Ronaldo posters.

Woodzy

Why dont they just do this shit using a computer? I guess it would be even easier to rig but at least you dont get idiots messing it up.

SER19

Clear video now showing United left out of atletico. Will be redrawn

Strats

Wouldn’t surprise me if a eventual re-draw was behind closed doors and we’ll still get PSG.

or Atletico just to properly feck with us

Status
Not open for further replies.