Did we waste €200 million this summer?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know, i know this is bs because they are in reality good players but at this moment we spent 200 mil on gk who can't save a shot, striker who can't score a goal and midfielders who can't create and defend.
Bargain.

forevrared

Hojlund looks like he’ll come good in a good team (if we can get there before we ruin him).

The rest are shit or do a job that someone a third the price could replicate.

HotOne

No wonder the glazers want to bleed the club dry. Despite them being awful for the club, they've let our managers spend more than any other club and watched that money all go down the drain. But yes, all of his signings this season have been awful. Hojlund might develop into a decent player but even that's debatable.

Woodzy

We are the only club in the world that signs about 2 midfielders every season and still needs to completely overhaul the midfield the following summer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Every summer is like "we threw away 200m last summer, we can't make the same mistake again, we will use a different strategy next summer"... only to next summer repeat the same thing.

forevrared

Well, then he is not right signing, isn't he?
Of course not, it was always a player the level of Kane or Osimhen we needed. Hojlund is just the only one who looks capable of still being here and still being useful 3 or 4 seasons on from now.

That said, I think he’s been one of our better players this year and it’s hard to fault him for being left on an island without service by his teammates.

Captmfla

Yes the money is wasted. Only Hojlund looks decent. Martinez is always injured.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Yes. Better yet, we've squandered 1B+ worth of recruitment. You'd think we'd at least have some players that could be considered integral to the squad after that outlay. I can't think of one. Which makes sense too though. Besides the wages, we've become a graveyard for player ambition.

Kopral Jono

Yes, we should have spunked the money on Kane and Kane alone. I've been consistent about this since news of him being available surfaced.

Wing Attack Plan R

I think where we wasted the money was on Antony. And I like him. He’s just a £35-40m player, tops. He should be a game changer, not just a try hard. When you look back on some of the wingers we have had, he’s so far below them it’s astonishing. Going from Giggs to Antony, for instance. His price tag is as if he were one of the best in the world at his position, and I’m not sure he’s even the best at United.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We are the only club in the world that signs about 2 midfielders every season and still needs to completely overhaul the midfield the following summer.
We signed one crap midfielder on loan.

Roboc7

Our transfer business has been a disaster. Woodward 2.0 has delivered as expected and once again a manager will be sacked after wasting a fortune.

Gordon Godot

I don’t mind signing players like Casemiro, but giving these over 30 players anything longer than 2 years is madness.
I do. He was already over the hill, why do you think RM were happy to offload him? We helped fund their overhaul with young players like Bellingham, Varanne too. Both already need replacing. Terrible business

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes, we should have spunked the money on Kane and Kane alone. I've been consistent about this since news of him being available surfaced.
Yep, that was my opinion too. De Gea/Fred/Kane vs Onana/Mount/Hojlund was no contest for me.

El Zoido

I think where we wasted the money was on Antony. And I like him. He’s just a £35-40m player, tops. He should be a game changer, not just a try hard. When you look back on some of the wingers we have had, he’s so far below them it’s astonishing. Going from Giggs to Antony, for instance. His price tag is as if he were one of the best in the world at his position, and I’m not sure he’s even the best at United.
He’s not even worth £35m. I don’t know why you like him, personally I find him to be absolutely detestable. He could get away with it if he was shit hot, but he’s not even close. Having a basic level of work rate doesn’t make him likeable to me.

NZT-One

This is as wrong as it gets. Sure, a 30 yo striker, as good as he is, will surely magically improve all our issues. Passing, defending, spacing, workrate, pressing, team work patterns. You are slating the recruitment but want to spent big on one single player who's age profile would worsen an already problematic age structure in the squad. Great planning. But hey, I am sure, with Kane we'd be 6th or 5th this season - definitely worth it... Spending the money as we did might have been a mistake but that would have been even worse. You see how we play, yet you are still trying trying to improve our chances for this season as if we'd be better off this season if only we had Kane. Sorry, this is insane.

marktan

We've wasted most of the money under ETH tbh.

Last season I wanted us to sign Bissouma and O.Dembele instead of Antony and Cas. (I wanted Richarlison too but that one doesn't look so good).

This season has been horrendous - almost all the signings have been bad value. I wanted to save the money on Mount and go big for someone like Osimhen - guaranteed quality. In hindsight someone like Szoboslai would've been great too.

We just keep signing shite and then wondering why we're shite.. it's not difficult to work out

RedIan

Im happy with Hojlund and Amrabat. Hojlund will come good weve seen glimpses that ge can become a class striker with decent supply.
Amrabat looks class to me and if not played along side casamiro which i think he should be when boyth fit, at least we now have to CDM,s

Mount, seems a pointless signing as i dont see where he fits in. Onana, jury still out.

The worst signing was last year, Anthony, a winger who cannot beat a man, who is so one footed and a one trick pony. We pursued him for ages and paid treble what hes worth.Not only that he is a irritable bratt and not very likeable.

saint Jose

Kaoru Mitoma at Brighton has been a wonder signing for Brighton when they signed him for bargain £4.5, obviously he's at least 15x that price now but he would make a great signing on the wing.. maybe sign Brighton's scouts at the same time !

Wing Attack Plan R

He’s not even worth £35m. I don’t know why you like him, personally I find him to be absolutely detestable. He could get away with it if he was shit hot, but he’s not even close. Having a basic level of work rate doesn’t make him likeable to me.
I like his fight, his temerity, and I like that he was willing to burn bridges to get to Old Trafford.

Wing Attack Plan R

This is as wrong as it gets. Sure, a 30 yo striker, as good as he is, will surely magically improve all our issues. Passing, defending, spacing, workrate, pressing, team work patterns. You are slating the recruitment but want to spent big on one single player who's age profile would worsen an already problematic age structure in the squad. Great planning. But hey, I am sure, with Kane we'd be 6th or 5th this season - definitely worth it... Spending the money as we did might have been a mistake but that would have been even worse. You see how we play, yet you are still trying trying to improve our chances for this season as if we'd be better off this season if only we had Kane. Sorry, this is insane.
Kane would have been putting all our eggs in one basket. Then what happens when he takes a slight knock and can't play? We need to emulate the development systems of smaller clubs that sell on their stars. Splashing out contracts that are the biggest in the league should not be the way forward. On occasion, like with Højlund, we needed a CF who was young and a potential world beater, so we had to pay.

Kostov

Starting to think, if we kept Ragnick and gave him any say, we surely wouldn’t have done this bad last summer and the previous one.

Kostov

Kane would have been putting all our eggs in one basket. Then what happens when he takes a slight knock and can't play? We need to emulate the development systems of smaller clubs that sell on their stars. Splashing out contracts that are the biggest in the league should not be the way forward. On occasion, like with Højlund, we needed a CF who was young and a potential world beater, so we had to pay.
Are you fecking serious? In what basket are our eggs this way? In Onana’s?

NZT-One

Are you fecking serious? In what basket are our eggs this way? In Onana’s?
Are you serious? You see in every game where we are lacking yet apparently buying one Player, great forward at the wrong age, for 100 million would be ok?! Thats crazy. We needed a new goal keeper, we needed midfielders. You might not like the actual transfers but of course it is better to bring in more than one player instead of one. You can't tell me you think, we would be better off now with DDG in goal, Eriksen as a starter and Kane up top?! How shortsighted can somebody be?

AFC NimbleThumb

I thought this pie in the sky theory had died, alas the ‘reality ne player away’ brigade think Kane can play in goal, defence, midfield & attack. . .

The transfer window we had was terrible. Spending the budget on Kane would have been just as bad.

Kostov

Are you serious? You see in every game where we are lacking yet apparently buying one Player, great forward at the wrong age, for 100 million would be ok?! Thats crazy. We needed a new goal keeper, we needed midfielders. You might not like the actual transfers but of course it is better to bring in more than one player instead of one. You can't tell me you think, we would be better off now with DDG in goal, Eriksen as a starter and Kane up top?! How shortsighted can somebody be?
We would have been better with DDG in goal, Eriksen and Kane without a shred of doubt. What the hell do you actually need to see more from Onana and Mount?

When will some of you admit that Onana has been absolutely shocking buy? Mount even though less so, has been dreadful too. We needed a Striker and a CM the two biggest priorities, after that maybe a GK but that is also debatable considering how injury prone are Shaw and Varane.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We would be far far better this season. You really think that Kane would be on zero goals in PL as Hojlund is? Eriksen vs Mount and Dave vs Onana is not even a contest.

On paper, Onana/Hojlund/Mount looks better just because of their age but in reality (quality wise) it is much, much worse.

NZT-One

We would have been better with DDG in goal, Eriksen and Kane without a shred of doubt. What the hell do you actually need to see more from Onana and Mount?

When will some of you admit that Onana has been absolutely shocking buy? Mount even though less so, has been dreadful too. We needed a Striker and a CM the two biggest priorities, after that maybe a GK but that is also debatable considering how injury prone are Shaw and Varane.
We would be far far better this season. You really think that Kane would be on zero goals in PL as Hojlund is? Eriksen vs Mount and Dave vs Onana is not even a contest.

On paper, Onana/Hojlund/Mount looks better just because of their age but in reality (quality wise) it is much, much worse.
Well so be it guys. Don't know what to tell you at this point. Other than I think, you are completely wrong. No idea how somebody watch us in the last weeks on a regular basis and come to the conclusion that all we are missing is a reliable goal scorer.