Did Woodward get it right, then?

P.Head

D.Head
Woodward is the man responsible for bringing in the worst managerial appointment in Manchester United`s history. OT security should drag him to the exit where he should be pilloried, placed in stocks & have rotting veg hurled at him.

A cold-titted corporate moron with zero understanding of what it means to be a Manchester United fan. He represents everything that is rotten in football!!

Just go ..

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Woodward is the man responsible for bringing in the worst managerial appointment in Manchester United`s history. OT security should drag him to the exit where he should be pilloried, placed in stocks & have rotting veg hurled at him.

A cold-titted corporate moron with zero understanding of what it means to be a Manchester United fan. He represents everything that is rotten in football!!

Just go ..
Moyes is fergie's sin

Minimalist

Woodward was really stupid to give him an extension. Some claim it was unanimously applauded at the time but I don’t remember that at all. We were playing shite football and frankly had been unwhelming under Mourinho right from the off (Zlatan covered this a lot) despite heavy investment - so it seemed well out of place to reward him for a league cup and pretty fortunate Europa League win.

As for the summer. Apart from sacking him (my preferred scenario once the dick started mouthing off), I don’t blame him for starting to question Mourinhos signings in terms of their value for money. He spent a fortune on the team and had us playing like fecking Stoke - it’s not hard to understand why the questions might start appearing. That said, this is all based on rumours - no one knows for sure what happened behind the scenes in the summer. But regardless, apart from Fred, it was 100% right not to buy expensive Mourinho players when he hadn’t proved it actually delivered anything above par on the pitch. Plus it was pretty heavy in terms of probability he was headed for a meltdown like it turned out.

Woodward just needs to get a DoF in place to look after player recruitment.

Verminator

It is silly to post this summary without any context.

Timing of renewal was an issue, not the renewal itself. It came too early when there was plenty of play for, we put in some god-awful performances in 2nd half of last season. I highly doubt Mourinho would've been rewarded with an extension given how season finished. So yes, he can be blamed for it.

Unlike few who think he should've been sacked after Sevilla game I don't agree with them, however he should've been sacked when there were disagreements regarding his buys in the summer. (Although it's another major issue of a rookie like him having a say who we buy anyway)

What's wrong with that? We need to establish a structure at the club and DoF is very important, we could've made recruitment under him but so far we don't have anyone in place.

Our squad is bloated with average players simply because of mammoth wages we offer them, which is another instance where Woodward has failed to do his job right. Handing Luke Shaw and Rojo a £160k a week contract is taking the piss, no wonder 33yo Young and 31yo Mata want 2 year extension.

Finances for buys are going to be less if you're making a mess of how you're managing the current crop. Far too slow to get rid of deadwood and has been the case for a long time now.

He makes plenty mistakes when it comes to footballing side, last 5 and a half years are ample proof for it. Coming to Ole's appointment, given Woodwards' penchant for a superstar name no wonder people are suspect as to who had a say in the appointment. Bringing Phelan back only adds further credence of Fergie having a say.
All of your quotes are criticisms made with the benefit of hindsight.

Jose's contract came when the team was performing, and he was being linked with other clubs.
We are supposed to be going down the DoF route, so buying before that contradicts this direction.
The board has backed its managers until this summer.

Btw my post was to show the contradicting views.

Maccataq

Woodward's problem is that he is reactive. He doesn't kill the match while it's being lit, he waits until the house is properly burning down before reacting. Mourinho should have been sacked after Sevilla and then we wouldn't have had that utter shambolic summer window.

To answer the question. No, he didn't get it right. He got it awfully wrong.
As much as I completely lost any faith in Mourinho after the Sevilla match and would have happily seen the back of him then, there was no way he was getting sacked then as we were on our way to 2nd in the league and an FA Cup final. The contract offer in January was a big mistake (as was signing Sanchez, undermining Martial) and he couldn't well sack him a few months after offering him a new deal.

I agree Woodward is reactive and the time to sack him was after West Ham (if not in the summer). It was pure sabotage selecting that team with those tactics sitting off one of the worst teams in the league. Then just as we were getting back into the match at 2-1 subbing Martial who was looking our most threatening. Mourinho was pleading to be sacked right there and it could only have been clearer had he ordered a plane to fly over the stadium with a message "saying sack me, ed".

Woodward made the right decision eventually, overdue but before we expected in truth. The problem with Woodward is that he backed the manager with a contract and then wouldn't back him in the transfer market which seems ludicrous but to be fair, he really stopped us making some awful decisions over players which would have left us in an even bigger mess. Woodward seemed to want to let the situation get to a point where the fans were so against Jose that it took the heat off him. I believe he was probably going to sack him after Newcastle game but because of the leak and the turnaround, he couldn't so waited for a good time to do it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I might be a bit unfair on Woodward, but he signed Moyes, LVG & Mourinho. Sacking any of them or not backing Mourinho does not make him right. In my eyes it makes him at least admit he was wrong in the first place, which is better than letting the feck up continue, but alas it's reactionary as usual with Woody.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Huge summer transfer window ahead for Woodward.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
All of your quotes are criticisms made with the benefit of hindsight.

Jose's contract came when the team was performing, and he was being linked with other clubs.
We are supposed to be going down the DoF route, so buying before that contradicts this direction.
The board has backed its managers until this summer.

Btw my post was to show the contradicting views.
Some yes but contract shenanigans are nothing new, Mourinho still had 18 months left on his deal. Even the year Mourinho won the league with Chelsea, it was only after it was done did they reward him with a new contract unlike Woodward who budged at the first sign of pressure applied by Mourinho and his management.

No one is advocating buying for the sake of it, we are concerned that no one is in place of DoF yet.

If you don't trust managers instinct in the market, either get a person who can help him (like a DoF) or bid him farewell. Woodward did neither but instead decided to recommend names himself, we are a comically run club from the footballing side.

Fosu-Mens

Has it been definitively announced anywhere that we are definitely getting a DOF?
After the mess in the beginning of the season, many journalist wrote the "same" story. Most likely been briefed by the club. Then after the JM sacking many serious sources mentioned that a DoF would be appointed before next permanent manager. As far as i know there is no direct quote on this.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
After the mess in the beginning of the season, many journalist wrote the "same" story. Most likely been briefed by the club. Then after the JM sacking many serious sources mentioned that a DoF would be appointed before next permanent manager. As far as i know there is no direct quote on this.
Thanks I thought I must have missed it. Hope it is true anyway.

Thisistheone

Huge summer transfer window ahead for Woodward.
Agreed. And that worries me.

Meanwhile our rivals, mainly City and Liverpool already have everything in place and have no doubt began laying the groundwork for their summer window.

I hope we don't miss out on some key targets by being behind our rivals off the pitch as well as on.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Woodward's problem is that he is reactive. He doesn't kill the match while it's being lit, he waits until the house is properly burning down before reacting. Mourinho should have been sacked after Sevilla and then we wouldn't have had that utter shambolic summer window.

He should have sacked Jose last summer if he wasn’t going to back him (which he wasn’t thankfully)

JK-27

Woodward negotiated a new contract with Jose last January, 6 months later doesn't back him in the transfer market, and 11 months later sacks him costing the club a reported £24 million.

Fellaini's contract runs down and Utd only agree to a 2 year extension in July, with reports saying he is being paid £150k a week, yet 6 months later we agree to sell him on.

That record alone does not sound like someone who knows what they are doing or where they are going. That's someone with no plan reacting to events rather than controlling them.

It's the same with the managerial situation, Utd clearly stated in a press release Ole was an interim manager and a new manager will be appointed in the summer. A month later we're talking about Ole probably being the permanent manager. Reacting to what's going on, not controlling it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A lot of mental gymnastics in this thread by people refusing to give credit where it's due by pointing out to previous mistakes.

The correct answer to the OP is "Yes".

Fosu-Mens

Thanks I thought I must have missed it. Hope it is true anyway.
So do i, but this "rumor" has surfaced everytime there is some criticism or focus from the fans/media towards Woodward and the owners on how the football element of this club is managed. And i fear that yet again these rumors are briefings from the club to certain journos meant to appease the fans.

Nikelesh Reddy

His decision to boldly sack Mourinho in December and to appoint Ole is turning out to be an absolute master stroke...But he should have gone all out and backed Jose in last summers transfer window.Its never right to not back a Man United manager in the transfer window,and if you have decided to not back him,then there’s no point in keeping him in charge...

GJNJ

His decision to boldly sack Mourinho in December and to appoint Ole is turning out to be an absolute master stroke...But he should have gone all out and backed Jose in last summers transfer window.Its never right to not back a Man United manager in the transfer window,and if you have decided to not back him,then there’s no point in keeping him in charge...
I don't know, not sure you can justify buying another centre back for a hugely inflated fee at the wrong sort of age when you already have 5 centre backs on the books, two of which the manager had chosen. Maybe they should have sacked him then especially when he was writing off the the whole season at pre-season but we had just finished second in the league so it would have been even bolder.. it's a tricky call.

wolvored

You couldnt have sacked Mourinho in the summer after finishing 2nd. He could have gone around end of october though and if the same scenario had have played out Ole would have had another 7-8 games to catch up. Realistically we wouldnt have got him until the end of the Norweigan league/start of their winter. Woody had probably got this arranged around the time the Mirror reported Mou's sacking and the info they were given wasnt 100%. So far in this situation he has played a blinder.

Andy_Cole

He shouldn’t have backed him as he wanted to bring in Willian and Perisic for Martial and Pogba!

Should be just been sacked in the summer when their plans for united differed.

wolvored

Woodward negotiated a new contract with Jose last January, 6 months later doesn't back him in the transfer market, and 11 months later sacks him costing the club a reported £24 million.

Fellaini's contract runs down and Utd only agree to a 2 year extension in July, with reports saying he is being paid £150k a week, yet 6 months later we agree to sell him on.

That record alone does not sound like someone who knows what they are doing or where they are going. That's someone with no plan reacting to events rather than controlling them.

It's the same with the managerial situation, Utd clearly stated in a press release Ole was an interim manager and a new manager will be appointed in the summer. A month later we're talking about Ole probably being the permanent manager. Reacting to what's going on, not controlling it.
When Woody gave Mou a new contract we were 2nd in the league and results wise looked to be on the up. Fellaini was stopped from leaving by Mou as he begged the player to stay according to the press. Fellaini was never gonna be any good in a fast attacking system so rightly has been sold.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

Sack Mourinho after Sevilla as we sat in 2nd place and on the back of the preceding five results:
Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool
Crystal Palace 2-3 Manchester United
Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea
Sevilla 0-0 Manchester United
Hudderfield 0-2 Manchester United

That's what you would have done if you were Woodward?

edcunited1878

His story is still continuing and another pivotal chapter is coming up.

Does it start with a proper, modern football operations structure? Does it follow with Ole becoming full time manager or Poch or a 3rd party darkhorse?

Keefy18

Woodward gave the "crackpot" a contract extension in January and then kept him on past the summer despite clearly having lost faith in (and publicly undermined) him, thereby all but writing-off the season.

The only thing Ed's got right recently is appointing Ole.
Why the feck would he give Jose a contract extension only to not back him in the Summer transfer window?
Things changed quickly. For me the turning point was in Jan 18 when we lost 2-0 to Spurs. That whole match was a horror show from Jose and it showed the players had had enough of him. Things fell apart from that point forward really, the contract was already in place.

Jose's targets were crap lets be honest, so I don't blame Woodward for denying him his wish list. Woodward showed he had a better footballing brain than Jose at this point and that's damning for Jose. Any club touching Jose at this point is signing their own death warrant.

Keefy18

I might be a bit unfair on Woodward, but he signed Moyes, LVG & Mourinho. Sacking any of them or not backing Mourinho does not make him right. In my eyes it makes him at least admit he was wrong in the first place, which is better than letting the feck up continue, but alas it's reactionary as usual with Woody.
Moyes is on Gill. Woodward wasn't the Chief Exec at that point.

Woodward was left cleaning up the mess Ferguson and Gill left the club in with the Moyes appointment (and in turn, Moyes sacking the backroom staff). Moyes made no real attempt at rebuilding an ageing squad left by Ferguson. Woodward appointed LVG and Jose alright and to be fair LVG won us our first trophy post Ferguson and gave us Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Herrera and Romero... Not a bad job when put into context but he didn't do quite enough and the football was poor.

Wonderful revisionism there, Jose forced Woodwards hand. Are you forgetting that Jose publicly supported Fellaini in the hunt for his new deal and pay rise? Fellaini was brazen enough to then openly state publicly Jose made it easy for him to get a new deal. How in the blue hell is that Woodwards fault? Before you decide to reply with some nonsense about Woodward not bowing to Jose's demands, well isn't that the exact thing folks are crying about with regards Jose wanting a CB and not getting it?

Woodward clearly wanted rid of Fellaini and the first window post Jose what does he do? Sells him.

Can't believe we've folks posting this nonsense.

Reactions: Ødegaard

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Woodward was left cleaning up the mess Ferguson and Gill left the club in with the Moyes appointment (and in turn, Moyes sacking the backroom staff). Moyes made no real attempt at rebuilding an ageing squad left by Ferguson. Woodward appointed LVG and Jose alright and to be fair LVG won us our first trophy post Ferguson and gave us Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Herrera and Romero... Not a bad job when put into context but he didn't do quite enough and the football was poor.

Wonderful revisionism there, Jose forced Woodwards hand. Are you forgetting that Jose publicly supported Fellaini in the hunt for his new deal and pay rise? Fellaini was brazen enough to then openly state publicly Jose made it easy for him to get a new deal. How in the blue hell is that Woodwards fault? Before you decide to reply with some nonsense about Woodward not bowing to Jose's demands, well isn't that the exact thing folks are crying about with regards Jose wanting a CB and not getting it?

Woodward clearly wanted rid of Fellaini and the first window post Jose what does he do? Sells him.

great post

tomaldinho1

I agree - whilst some on here seem to think of Woodward as some kind of wannabe DoF, his sole concern is the financial stability and success of our club. That's his job and he's been doing it well.

One thing to remember is how much money we've splashed on bringing in exciting players (particularly attacking ones) who have almost all been massively disappointing. Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Sanchez, Depay were, at the time they were bought, highly rated players and exciting signings. Couple this with the numerous other transfers we've had and we're not far behind City's insane spending.

Bar the last transfer window, I'd say Woodward has basically given all of our managers stellar backing in the transfer market. I also praise him for not backing Jose last summer (although as a criticism he should have then sacked him at the time he lost faith) because it was clear he's lost the plot. Complaining about needing new CBs when he'd bought two already being a truly ridiculous deflection of blame.

Kag

Well said. Folk that throw in Moyes as a stick to bash Woodward with are agenda-driven and best ignored. There’s not a man (or woman) on earth that would have defied Ferguson’s plan - or lack of. Gill was the chief executive at the time and he was more interested in fellating the board at FA and UEFA than doing his job at the club. It must be remembered, also, that Gill allowed the academy to fall behind and was responsible for overseeing the gradual neglect of the first team. All under his watch.

Woodward has made mistakes, but most of them were well supported by the support base. Shows what we know.

Keefy18

Woodward has made mistakes, but most of them were well supported by the support base. Shows what we know.

Very, very important bit this as well.

Very few complained much when LVG was appointed, he had just led a pretty average Dutch side to the 3rd in the World Cup and made a name out of Memphis at the tournament. They were delighted signing Shaw, ADM and once Martial hit the ground running there was no complaints there either until they decided to buy into Jose's propaganda nonsense and wanting rid of him.

Folks were raving about us being back and the good times were ahead when Jose was signed, Zlatan and Pogba followed shortly after followed by Lukaku and the rest of his signings. All had a sense of excitement about them, again until Jose decided they apparently weren't good enough and 2nd was his greatest achievement.

I think we've invested in some fantastic players post Ferguson and all them have been failed by management at some point or another.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Jose wanted to play his way. He didnt have the squad for that, and failed to adapt his way of playing to suit what he had. He wanted players, I dont know who he wanted or who he wanted to sell. Youll forgive me if I dont take the mirror as gospel. If theres reliable info that he wanted to sell martial then fair enough, I only ever saw that in gossip.

Supposedly Ed said that he didnt see the point in spending money to move up one place(2nd to 1st). He said that there was no difference to the club financially as long as we got top four. If true, thats an alarming admission that he only cares about money and that the footballing side will suffer.

Why did he give Jose a new contract and then not back him? That makes no sense. Not for someone that works in investments.

We all saw that Jose was throwing players under the bus left and right and we all said that it was bullshit to do it in public. Same thing applies to Ed and that thing he did justifying his actions. The sitting in the stands after bad games pulling mad faces for the press to write headlines about.

I dont like the man. Dont think we can trust him to do whats right for the club. Getting Ole, has been a good turn of luck. Dont think anyone would have guessed he'd have turned it around as well as he has. Are we sure it was woody that got him? Are we sure it wasnt someone else seeing the shit show of the past 6 years and saying "right you, out the way." to woody and getting Ole in? I know woody will take the credit so the face of the club looks united, but getting Ole seems out of character for the man who wants big names.

Anyway, looking forward to getting a DOF in and woody stepping to the side. Hopefully he gives Ole the gig full time and lets him freshen up the squad with some new blood.
A lot of truth in that post

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

It was lazy of me to put Moyes in there. That said there was a lot of things going wrong. LvG was not good enough, the sack-timing was bad and late, the signings & then moving into a completely new direction play & transfer wise with Mourinho and now finally someone came on and looks to be doing the on-field part properly but it seems more like it was stumbled into rather than planned.
Ultimately my point was that I find it hard to be positive to Woodward fixing issues that he has (from my point of view) been a big part i creating. If all goes well I'm a happy camper, I don't think Woodward needs to leave the club, but we do need someone to have a plan on footballing decisions so we work in the same direction between managers as well. Find a style and try to improve on that rather than jump between styles.

Keefy18

It was lazy of me to put Moyes in there. That said there was a lot of things going wrong. LvG was not good enough, the sack-timing was bad and late, the signings & then moving into a completely new direction play & transfer wise with Mourinho and now finally someone came on and looks to be doing the on-field part properly but it seems more like it was stumbled into rather than planned.
Ultimately my point was that I find it hard to be positive to Woodward fixing issues that he has (from my point of view) been a big part i creating. If all goes well I'm a happy camper, I don't think Woodward needs to leave the club, but we do need someone to have a plan on footballing decisions so we work in the same direction between managers as well. Find a style and try to improve on that rather than jump between styles.

Finishing 3rd with an average Dutch side was a fantastic achievement, they've not been anywhere near as good since he left them either have they? Failed to qualify for last 2 major tournaments. Out of the possible candidates at the time, if memory serves right he was arguably the best. Klopp was the other good option but he said he refused us after joining Liverpool. Pep was at Bayern, Ancelotti at Real and Jose went back to Chelsea. Not sure I'd of considered many others myself?

Not sure what the issue is with timing of sacking? They gave Moyes a chance to achieve the bear minimum and he didn't so cut their losses. How would it of looked had they sacked a few months in? Right after having the same manager for 26 years. LVG missed top 4 on the 37th game of the season. We're we really supposed to sack him with 1 league game and an FA Cup final to go? That would be ridiculously harsh and it was handled bad enough as is, thanks to scumbag Jose and his agent leaking the news right after he won the cup.

When folks look at the actual situations and stop buying into bandwagon conspiracy theories of the board / Woody destroying the club it actually shows they've done a decent job. They spent huge sums of money and Woodward has just had to try sort out a horror show from Ferguson's retirement and Gills idiotic Moyes appointment.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Finishing 3rd with an average Dutch side was a fantastic achievement, they've not been anywhere near as good since he left them either have they? Failed to qualify for last 2 major tournaments. Out of the possible candidates at the time, if memory serves right he was arguably the best. Klopp was the other good option but he said he refused us after joining Liverpool. Pep was at Bayern, Ancelotti at Real and Jose went back to Chelsea. Not sure I'd of considered many others myself?

Not sure what the issue is with timing of sacking? They gave Moyes a chance to achieve the bear minimum and he didn't so cut their losses. How would it of looked had they sacked a few months in? Right after having the same manager for 26 years. LVG missed top 4 on the 37th game of the season. We're we really supposed to sack him with 1 league game and an FA Cup final to go? That would be ridiculously harsh and it was handled bad enough as is, thanks to scumbag Jose and his agent leaking the news right after he won the cup.

When folks look at the actual situations and stop buying into bandwagon conspiracy theories of the board / Woody destroying the club it actually shows they've done a decent job. They spent huge sums of money and Woodward has just had to try sort out a horror show from Ferguson's retirement and Gills idiotic Moyes appointment.
There were tons of managers available, Pochettino did well at Southampton. Simeone, Emery and basically every half decent manager would have been a better choice. Saying they were at clubs doesn't make them unattainable.
Klopp was and is far better than LvG.

LvG lasted too long, it was the worst football I have ever seen United play. Moyes showed himself to be inept from the beginning, I also refuse to believe that Gill & Fergie gave Moyes a 6 year contract right when they both were quitting the club and about to focud on a new job and retirement.

Then the board fired LVG on the day we won the FA Cup. That is timing issues. Both the Moyes and LvG sacking being known in the media before the managers were told is also terrible administrative work.

Finishing up 3rd was good, but you don't sign players on the basis of how they achieve in one national team tournament and ignore the rest. LvG had problems at Bayern and Barcelona. Club football. He has had tons of issues with players in the past as well. The Netherlands having a lady hooray doesn't make him a good option for a club aiming to be the best in England, let alone the world.

I haven't said that Woodward is all negative and out to ruin the club, I've said the club needs someone with more football knowledge to make the footballing decisions. Woodward is doing great at creating revenue & I very much doubt it's him deciding whether 1st is worth investing in from a 2nd place position, it'll be coming from the owners.

As far as I can see, we won't be agreeing on this.

Shark

@NotShark

The Dutch not doing as well since LVG left has more to do with the decline of huge players like RVP, Robben and Sneijder, than his genius as a manager at that point.

Rish Sawhney

Jose wanted to play his way. He didnt have the squad for that, and failed to adapt his way of playing to suit what he had. He wanted players, I dont know who he wanted or who he wanted to sell. Youll forgive me if I dont take the mirror as gospel. If theres reliable info that he wanted to sell martial then fair enough, I only ever saw that in gossip.

Supposedly Ed said that he didnt see the point in spending money to move up one place(2nd to 1st). He said that there was no difference to the club financially as long as we got top four. If true, thats an alarming admission that he only cares about money and that the footballing side will suffer.

Why did he give Jose a new contract and then not back him? That makes no sense. Not for someone that works in investments.

We all saw that Jose was throwing players under the bus left and right and we all said that it was bullshit to do it in public. Same thing applies to Ed and that thing he did justifying his actions. The sitting in the stands after bad games pulling mad faces for the press to write headlines about.

I dont like the man. Dont think we can trust him to do whats right for the club. Getting Ole, has been a good turn of luck. Dont think anyone would have guessed he'd have turned it around as well as he has. Are we sure it was woody that got him? Are we sure it wasnt someone else seeing the shit show of the past 6 years and saying "right you, out the way." to woody and getting Ole in? I know woody will take the credit so the face of the club looks united, but getting Ole seems out of character for the man who wants big names.

Anyway, looking forward to getting a DOF in and woody stepping to the side. Hopefully he gives Ole the gig full time and lets him freshen up the squad with some new blood.
What a car crash of a post.

"Supposedly Ed said that he didn't see the point in spending money to move up one place(2nd to 1st)." Where is this from? In my understand he wasn't willing to buy players that didn't constitute an improvement. When did he ever say that it wasn't worth pushing for 1st from 2nd? Is this another invention on the part of the green and gold crowd?

"Same thing applies to Ed and that thing he did justifying his actions. The sitting in the stands after bad games pulling mad faces for the press to write headlines about." What? So he shouldn't be at games now? How's it his fault that the press writes stupid pieces about him when we lose? Or is he supposed to still be smiling when we lose?

"Jose wanted to play his way. He didnt have the squad for that, and failed to adapt his way of playing to suit what he had." Did he? What is "his way" exactly? I always thought it was a sit deep and counter-attack based football, but our counter-attacking was horrendous and so was our defense. Ole in a few weeks already has us defending better and counter-attacking better and he's no tactical genius. So what makes you say he didn't have the squad for that?

"Anyway, looking forward to getting a DOF in and woody stepping to the side." Also you're in for a rude awakening if you think a DoF coming in will push Woody aside. Woody will still have the final say in transfers and he absolutely will routinely veto some players that the DoF wants and thats the way it should be. The DoF will be working under him or at most directly with him in transfers.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Woodward got played. Mou flirted with PSG and old Woody approved an extension because he can't see further than 4 quarters into the future (to be fair he was an investment banker). He then said that he only fancied 'Varane for £100m' in the summer. Then he waited until we were bordering on mid table to sack him.

The handling of Mou was shambolic from our CEO. He could have been sacked in the summer if it was decided that his football acumen was in question (tactics, signings, man managements etc.). He could have been sacked early in the season when it was obvious that we were not going to get top 4. He could have been sacked after multiple poor performances against crap teams.

Woodward is a marketing and sponsorship God. His management of the footballing side is garbage.

Reddy Rederson

What a car crash of a post.

"Supposedly Ed said that he didn't see the point in spending money to move up one place(2nd to 1st)." Where is this from? In my understand he wasn't willing to buy players that didn't constitute an improvement. When did he ever say that it wasn't worth pushing for 1st from 2nd? Is this another invention on the part of the green and gold crowd?

"Same thing applies to Ed and that thing he did justifying his actions. The sitting in the stands after bad games pulling mad faces for the press to write headlines about." What? So he shouldn't be at games now? How's it his fault that the press writes stupid pieces about him when we lose? Or is he supposed to still be smiling when we lose?

"Jose wanted to play his way. He didnt have the squad for that, and failed to adapt his way of playing to suit what he had." Did he? What is "his way" exactly? I always thought it was a sit deep and counter-attack based football, but our counter-attacking was horrendous and so was our defense. Ole in a few weeks already has us defending better and counter-attacking better and he's no tactical genius. So what makes you say he didn't have the squad for that?

"Anyway, looking forward to getting a DOF in and woody stepping to the side." Also you're in for a rude awakening if you think a DoF coming in will push Woody aside. Woody will still have the final say in transfers and he absolutely will routinely veto some players that the DoF wants and thats the way it should be. The DoF will be working under him or at most directly with him in transfers.
:lol: