Didier Drogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Going to that retirement home in Milan!

I can't see him going to PSG over Marseille, but then again footballers and money...you never know.

I can see Anzhi offering him shedloads of cash as well and he might be tempted, with Eto'o already there.

Ole90+3

Would love him at United. Just to see my dream partnership of Rooney and Drogba be realised. Despite his dirty antics he got up to in the early stages of his career at Chelsea, he has always been one of my favourite Premiership players. What a Beast!

Kelvin

Would love him at United. Just to see my dream partnership of Rooney and Drogba be realised. Despite his dirty antics he got up to in the early stages of his career at Chelsea, he has always been one of my favourite Premiership players. What a Beast!
no chance chelsea will let him join us.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
His contract is up so they get no say in the matter.

Not that he'll be coming anyway.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Going to that retirement home in Milan!

I can't see him going to PSG over Marseille, but then again footballers and money...you never know.

I can see Anzhi offering him shedloads of cash as well and he might be tempted, with Eto'o already there.
Drogba-Eto'o sounds too much like Inter all over again, he'd be pushed out wide which is a waste, if paying any footballer 300,000 a week isn't a waste already.

Malaga need to come out and make a super bid, everyone is forgetting about them.

Ole90+3

Highly unlikely unless he drastically reduces his wages.
Unless he's an absolutely greaty bastard, then I don't think wages would be that much of an issue for him. I'd say he and his family, and his children's family, would be settled for life on his surely extortionate wages at Chelsea.

I can't really see him going back to Marseille though, I doubt he would have made much of a connection with club having only played there for a season.

Robbie Boy

Unless he's an absolutely greaty bastard, then I don't think wages would be that much of an issue for him. I'd say he and his family, and his children's family, would be settled for life on his surely extortionate wages at Chelsea.

I can't really see him going back to Marseille though, I doubt he would have made much of a connection with club having only played there for a season.
He has always spoken about Marseille with great affection and said that he has 'unfinished business' there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

His only season there was enough to raise him towards legendary status for Marseille.He was everything for them, their heartbeat, their goalscorer, their best player and their icon.
Drogba lasted one season and it was a phenomenal season for a player playing for a french club.In recent years, no one has been able to create that sort of special link with the very difficult and demanding Marseille crowd.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He scored his 150th goal in 310 matches for Chelsea.Very good return for a player who wasn't consistent in front of goal the first few seasons at Chelsea.I think it's in 06/07 he turned into a proper goalscorer

prateik

Fantastic striker. Absolute beast.
Obviously isnt at his best anymore, but at his prime, he was unplayable. Can still torment defenders on his day.

Neo_Mufc

Looks like he's going to China, reportedly offered something in the region of 300-400k a week highest paid player in the world

Chelsea must be upset right now that they aren't the rich boys any more.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Like said in the matchday thread yesterday i've heard strong rumours that he has played his last game for Chelsea against Aston Villa.

He's very very very unhappy with Chelsea's latest contract offer and hasn't the best relationship with AVB.

I hope he stays at Chelsea or at least in the Premier League because i think he's still a brilliant striker.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I can't see him staying at Chelsea now. He's been a great servant for them and will go down as one of their greatest ever players, however they'd be insane to give in to his current contract demands. He shouldn't get anything more than he currently gets at Chelsea, because he's not improving at all, and won't improve.

davisjw

Come on Fergie, get in there!

I do hate what China and the Middle East are doing. They're over paying to grab a small handful of the best strikers available, over paying them, and not building developing a league with them.

I'd be perfectly happy if they were attempting to build a proper league but in most cases it's more of a sideshow, circus act with a brilliant striker surrounded by a bunch of Sunday league players.

All it does is cause disruption to already established leagues and belittles their own.

I'd much rather see those developing leagues take a page from what the US, Japan, and Australia are doing: Build a successful niche league built on homegrown talent, subsidized by reasonable talent from other leagues at prices that won't bankrupt the team and/or league. Develop a fan base and when a foundation is constructed, slowly develop further by introducing world class players.

All a 500,000 pound-a-week player does is suck up money then retire, leaving the league no better.

I suppose, at least, Drogba gives away huge amounts to charities so the massive wealth he'll grab up will go to, mostly, good causes in the long run.

Brophs

The One and Only
Like said in the matchday thread yesterday i've heard strong rumours that he has played his last game for Chelsea against Aston Villa.

He's very very very unhappy with Chelsea's latest contract offer and hasn't the best relationship with AVB.

I hope he stays at Chelsea or at least in the Premier League because i think he's still a brilliant striker.
Where have you heard these rumours?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Stan Collymore tweeted about Drogba saying: Chelsea are offering him a one year contract but he wants a two-three year contract. Also Chelsea are looking to reduce his pay.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A journo with very good connections to Chelsea has said the point about the contract situation + the poor relationship between Drogba and AVB a couple of weeks ago, AVB wants a younger team.......players like Drogba, Lampard, Anelka, Malouda, Alex or Ferreira were on the "Bye bye after the 2011-2012 season list" from the first day of AVB's arrival at Stamford Bridge.

The story about Drogba that he has played his last game for Chelsea was on BBC Five Live.

I don't know if he has played his last game for Chelsea but it isn't so unlikely.
The contract situation isn't a secret anymore.
And his poor relationship with AVB can see everybody.

Skywarden

....Cheeky bid from our side? I believe he has two-three years in him, still.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yes. Let spent money on a striker, an old striker, when we need to improve other areas way way more. Let's turn into AC Milan.

Skywarden

No way

We should go with Rooney, Chicharito and Welbeck as our main strikers for the next years and i don't he isn't happy on the bench like Berbatov for the most games.
Absolutely. I'd love nothing more than that to be the case. I was merely playing with a thought of looking at him as an option should Berbatov leave (for whatever reason.)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Absolutely. I'd love nothing more than that to be the case. I was merely playing with a thought of looking at him as an option should Berbatov leave (for whatever reason.)
If Berbatov stays (That is case right now) then we'll have Rooney + Chicharito + Welbeck + Berbatov + Owen/Macheda for the next season..........that's enough and good enough for me.

We need a FB + 2xCM + Winger in the next season.........no strikers unless one of Rooney/Chicharito/Welbeck/Berbatov leaves the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.