g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Diego GodON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Another player who doesn't want to join us!

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
From the Guardian transfer news page:

'According to the BBC’s Simon Stone, Manchester United did indeed inquire about Diego Godin. But it wasn’t today, it was earlier this week. And they were told to do one.'

:lol:

Though A.Madrid can't do anything if United bid the release clause. In any case, I wouldn't be that enthusiastic if we sign him. He is 32 so doesn't have alot of peak years left and he will be coming 1 day before the start of the season so he won't have any time to settle with the team and league. If he were younger you could be hopeful for the following season because he would have a long future, but at his age he would be declining by then.

littlepeasoup

From the Guardian transfer news page:

'According to the BBC’s Simon Stone, Manchester United did indeed inquire about Diego Godin. But it wasn’t today, it was earlier this week. And they were told to do one.'

:lol:

Though A.Madrid can't do anything if United bid the release clause. In any case, I wouldn't be that enthusiastic if we sign him. He is 32 so doesn't have alot of peak years left and he will be coming 1 day before the start of the season so he won't have any time to settle with the team and league. If he were younger you could be hopeful for the following season because he would have a long future, but at his age he would be declining by then.
His price reflects his age. At £25million, it would be a good deal. Still don't expect it to happen though if he's not set on joining us.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Murray3007

would only ever really be a stop gap for a season or 2 but as a CB he the best in the world. was superb at the world cup. everything we are looking for. would I love it to happen 100% yes do I think there is any chance of it NO. but could live in hope lol

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
His price reflects his age. At £25million, it would be a good deal. Still don't expect it to happen though if he's not set on joining us.
The price is reasonable but I doubt how good he can be here because he won't have any time to gel with the team and the adapt to the league. Again, we can wait till next season for him to show his true abilities but given his age he will be on the decline, most likely.

SuperiorXI

If we can pull this off I would consider it to be a great bit of business.

It's clear we need a calm experienced head at the back and Godin is fecking mint.

Short term? We have an abundance of supposed quality youth CBs that can learn a thing or two from someone like Godin in the interim. 32, still a year or two at the highest level.

RedorDead21

If we can pull this off I would consider it to be a great bit of business.

It's clear we need a calm experienced head at the back and Godin is fecking mint.

Short term? We have an abundance of supposed quality youth CBs that can learn a thing or two from someone like Godin in the interim. 32, still a year or two at the highest level.
or 3-4 years at our level...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Everyone running this story now, but unfortunately we've been rejected. Why did we lowball his wages at €150,000 though? He's one of the top defenders in the world and one of his main motivations for joining us would be a big bumper contract to finish his career. That's not that much for a world class player.

Davs

It's going to be an absolute lottery on which defender we sign, if any.

slir32

If you believe the press you would believe that United hours before the window has closed has just decided to put a bid in for Godin. Window has been open all this time and we suddently just devided to throw a random bid in.

AndyJ1985

If you believe the press you would believe that United hours before the window has closed has just decided to put a bid in for Godin. Window has been open all this time and we suddently just devided to throw a random bid in.
It's called desperation because we haven't been able to sign anyone else

Smores

Made up story so they can claim we were rejected again

Status
Not open for further replies.