Diego GodON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

A bit last minute but this is more of the quality needed if we are going to buy yet another CB.

Turning out to be quite a positive day!

Ronaldo's Love Child

Jeez-we're like a drunk man in a nightclub just before closing time staggering from woman to woman trying to pull.

Linked with him today by SSN(Don't make the SkyBet joke, they sold SkyBet this year).

Seems to have a release clause of 20m euros.
As we saw with Herrera. Release clauses aren’t always that easy are they.

May be too late for sorting that out and have to pay more?

WPMUFC

Tell us what you really feel.
that there are now multiple people over multiple threads now taking this as a "maybe" and "we are getting desperate", when all that's happened is that sky sports have taken a name out of a hat and stuck it next to a club to generate click-bait content.

United Pro

Perfect CB signing for us given his age, experience and quality. However, it won't happen.

MetoTTT

Even if this story of release claure is true. Why wait so long? He is the best CB among all those we were linked. Even if the offer is real, I don't think he would like to come to United anyway. I hope to be wrong.

GlasgowRedz

He's probably the best center back in the world and one of the best leaders. Atletico won't sell him at any price. If we were interested we should have made him priority #1 and negotiated from day 1. Sky is probably bullshitting.
His release clause is something like 20m euros, Atletico couldn't turn down an offer of that much so there's no negotiating needed.

As mentioned above though, as his clause is so low you'd imagine that a number of clubs would have enquired already and the only reason he hasn't moved is that he simply doesn't want to.

izec

Would be great, maybe he wants a new challenge at the end of his career. I personally think he wants to stay

RedorDead21

His release clause is something like 20m euros, Atletico couldn't turn down an offer of that much so there's no negotiating needed.

As mentioned above though, as his clause is so low you'd imagine that a number of clubs would have enquired already and the only reason he hasn't moved is that he simply doesn't want to.
Godin and Jose are like brothers!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'll say this though, Jose would give Ed a handy if he pulls this off. He'd love a leader of Godin's caliber Iin the team.

gr3yham3

Would be great if the rumours are true and we pull it off. Was my first choice when this window first opened.

DownRiver

Can I just say, why would a club go to speak to a club if they didn't have any sort of encouragement from the player? I don't think Godin is sort of player to give the nod for man utd, then reject them just to show how much he adores Atletico (and get a pay rise).

Top 3 centre-backs in the world for £20m is a steal. I still don't think it will happen.

Sanche7

No way is he moving from Atletico, not now
He's well settled and the team looks like it's going to challenge on all fronts
They even gave Griezmann a contract worth 350k or something just to keep him, that's a lot of money for Atletico, but that just shows how badly they want to keep their star players, no way are they letting this happen

Ekeke

Obviously old and short term but he's been a great CB. With the right price he'd be a shrewd move given players who barely improve us cost record amounts

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is just SKY having a laugh and begging clicks IMO.

Why would we leave it til the last day of the window if he had a 20m release clause? just doesn't make sense.

Jose himself said he doesn't think any transfers so why the sudden change?.

Don't fall for it.

Hanky panky

Don't believe in this. BUT, if Godin want his last BIG paycheck, this could be his chance to get it. 3 years with 200k+ per week.

VanGaalEra

At £20M would be incredible business! Would suit Jose tactics in big games down to the ground.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would be an insane signing but I don't think we have enough time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well that escalated quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.