Diego Maradona has died | 1960 – 2020

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

And this was Diego's only goal with Newell's. Quite similar. Although I think the image is reversed and he scored with the right foot.
Yeah it is very similar imo. Class.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Just had a look, you can build quite a team from former Newell's Old Boys players.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm old enough to have seen Maradona in the latter part of his career but to watch the clips of him in his prime he was sensational. A troubled individual he might've been but I can certainly see why he brought so much joy to many football fans.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Imagine Messi and Ronaldo taking that treatment, and oh, not being in some of the most stacked with talent club sides ever through their prime.

Ronaldo got the shit kicked out of him in England, even 10-15 years ago it was very different to now. Messi had injuries early on his career due to some rough tackles too. It's probably true that if the refs hadn't become more protective of the players in recent years then they wouldn't have had the longevity they've had but I think both of them have proved they could still excel in similar conditions than Maradona played in.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
An excellent contribution - your screen name is quite apt. I don't know you and you qualified the second part yourself. I would myself add 'dyslexic' to complete the description.
Then you sir, are not only unable to string a sentence together, you are a fool. I think your sixty years will be quite enjoyable - to those who live the twenty beyond you.
What's with the comments to @UnrelatedPsuedo and @Paxi ?

Surely you can reply politely (even if you disagree with the comments)? If insulting posters is your 'go to' response to people who don't agree with you, that's a bit sad isn't it?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What's with the comments to @UnrelatedPsuedo and @Paxi ?

Surely you can reply politely (even if you disagree with the comments)? If insulting posters is your 'go to' response to people who don't agree with you, that's a bit sad isn't it?
Thanks for the muscle. But he just got added to what feels like the worlds longest ignore list. I didn’t even notice an insult to be fair.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@harms

I suggest changing the matter of fact title of this thread to something akin to "The greatest player of all time bids farewell", or something more apt.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just rewatched the movie of his time from Napoli directed by Asif Kapadi.

was jolted back to those horrible memories of when he was ostracised and humiliated by Italian society for beating Italy in 1990 World Cup semi final.

I was very young at the time so didn’t understand or really grasp the local cultural politics at play but I’m glad the movie depicts just how petty and lame northern Italians were to treat him like that.

out of interest, anyone know how Northern Italy reacted to news of his death?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

His brother Hugo has died unfortunately. Must be very tough for the family to take - two brothers dying in short space of time.

RIP.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

His brother Hugo has died unfortunately. Must be very tough for the family to take - two brothers dying in short space of time.

RIP.
Sad for the family. Is this incredibly bad luck or did his brother have a similar lifestyle?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Ronaldo got the shit kicked out of him in England, even 10-15 years ago it was very different to now. Messi had injuries early on his career due to some rough tackles too. It's probably true that if the refs hadn't become more protective of the players in recent years then they wouldn't have had the longevity they've had but I think both of them have proved they could still excel in similar conditions than Maradona played in.
Ah come off it. Ronaldo & Messi didn’t have to endure anything like the abuse Maradona got.