Diego Maradona has died | 1960 – 2020

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Where are you seeing that?

I read on Sky that they (rightly) got the sack.
I saw a video of some bodies being pulled out of a bin. As with most things these days though, its probably fake.

IFC 1905

I saw a video of some bodies being pulled out of a bin. As with most things these days though, its probably fake.

Not true. An also isn't true he got murdered. Clarin just informed the man appeared at a police station, maybe looking to protect himself because I'm sure he was being pursued by many people, not only La 12 members.

He certainly traspassed the sport. A true legend. QEPD D10S

John Keiler

Just after reading the funeral workers who took the pictures of him in his coffin have been murdered by the Boca Ultras . Job done then.
Diego was a god not just a football player
Even if it was true, you find that admirable?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I accept some people think he was a legend, but to me wasn't close to Cruyff or Pele - and Ronaldo is streaks ahead

JSArsenal

Videos like this make me wonder if the media have any self awareness (they don't). They talk about how modern day English sides like "grit" and "determination" (read: they don't really kick people like the old sides did).

What did the thuggery on display here get the earlier generations? The exact same failure.

RooneyLegend

I accept some people think he was a legend, but to me wasn't close to Cruyff or Pele - and Ronaldo is streaks ahead
It's acceptable to believe so and so we're better players but to suggest he there's someone he wasn't 'close' to or that someone is streaks ahead is just being ridiculous. Watch full games of these players and you'll realise just how outlandish that claim is.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's acceptable to believe so and so we're better players but to suggest he there's someone he wasn't 'close' to or that someone is streaks ahead is just being ridiculous. Watch full games of these players and you'll realise just how outlandish that claim is.
I have, thanks very much - old enough to remember Pele and Cruyff very well. Ronaldo's record speaks for itself

RooneyLegend

I have, thanks very much - old enough to remember Pele and Cruyff very well. Ronaldo's record speaks for itself
There's no way you watched Maradona play in the 86 world cup and the thought that came to your mind was that he's great but no Pele or Cruyff.

Bobski

It's mental looking at this after getting used to modern rules.

And he had to put up with that in pretty much every match he played.
Imagine Messi and Ronaldo taking that treatment, and oh, not being in some of the most stacked with talent club sides ever through their prime.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For me the best. It is not a question of statistics, technically he was incredible.
I remember when I was a kid I used to go to the public library to watch videos of calcio to find out more about Diego.
As a person at times he seemed like a real prick but at other times someone extremely sensitive.
His Instagram account caught my attention, always with a memory for former players and teammates who played with him.
I don't know if he was responsible of the account himself but it certainly seems so from the detail of the comments.
All Argentines in Spain and former colleagues (Lobo Carrasco, D'Alessandro, Loco Gatti, Valdano, Simeone) are very affected by his death.
Almost everyone agrees that being Maradona, with all that it meant, was too heavy a burden.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He was regretful of his cocaine abuse.
Well he was not dumb. Anyway tell you that it is poison but yet people do it week after week, some day after day. I'm trying not to romamtise drugs but a part of me thinks 60 years high on coke is better than 80 years good living.

Paxi

Just after reading the funeral workers who took the pictures of him in his coffin have been murdered by the Boca Ultras . Job done then.
That's an abhorrent view. It was distasteful for sure but to be punished by death?

Tel074

Bye bye
That's an abhorrent view. It was distasteful for sure but to be punished by death?
What's abhorrent is someone doing what they did .. They live in a country that considered Maradona a god and I've no doubt it they ain't dead they will be soon and I for one am happy with that .

John Keiler

Well he was not dumb. Anyway tell you that it is poison but yet people do it week after week, some day after day. I'm trying not to romamtise drugs but a part of me thinks 60 years high on coke is better than 80 years good living.
Then you sir, are not only unable to string a sentence together, you are a fool. I think your sixty years will be quite enjoyable - to those who live the twenty beyond you.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
the worse to happen to them is that they had to give explanations to a judge

stop smelling paint

Paxi

What's abhorrent is someone doing what they did .. They live in a country that considered Maradona a god and I've no doubt it they ain't dead they will be soon and I for one am happy with that .
Considered a capital punishment then? Okay then.

Bondathon

I was born too late to see him in his prime, and I’d probably struggle to concede that anyone was/is better than Messi. But for me, Maradona is the greatest player of all time.

The talent, the moments, the story, the flaws, the genius.

I met Terry Butcher recently and he told the room that Messi was the best player ever. Spoke to him afterwards, and he said Maradona was better than anyone, he just couldn’t bring himself to say it in public.

Whatever you think, no footballer has meant more, to more people, than Diego Armando Maradona.
Rest in peace, Diego

Paxi

Then you sir, are not only unable to string a sentence together, you are a fool. I think your sixty years will be quite enjoyable - to those who live the twenty beyond you.
Well I have been drinking... :lol:
Also, I would take Maradona's 60 years of excess, ecstasy and adulation over some random existence. Heck, I'd take 60 years just to see my country lift the World Cup, nevermind winning the bloody thing as a captain and then sniffing yourself into oblivion after. Sounds like a fecking dream.

You're the one here, giving it the bigg'un, telling us you'll never forgive him whenever you're just a grain of sand on the Atlantic ocean, he didn't even know who the hell you were when you were a spec of dust, now that he's dead, where does that leave you in his estimation. I know one thing, he lived rent free in your head for 30+ years.

Tel074

Well I have been drinking... :lol:
Also, I would take Maradona's 60 years of excess, ecstasy and adulation over some random existence. Heck, I'd take 60 years just to see my country lift the World Cup, nevermind winning the bloody thing as a captain and then sniffing yourself into oblivion after. Sounds like a fecking dream.

You're the one here, giving it the bigg'un, telling us you'll never forgive him whenever you're just a grain of sand on the Atlantic ocean, he didn't even know who the hell you were when you were a spec of dust, now that he's dead, where does that leave you in his estimation. I know one thing, he lived rent free in your head for 30+ years.

Haha great post ..

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Incredible.

IFC 1905

How can someone be happy with the death of another person? That speaks volumes about you, not about the m*rons that took those pictures

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This debate between Maradona and Messi, isn't even a debate. Not only did Maradona inspire Argentina to the World Cup, but, during his time at Naples, they won the league twice, the first and second time they ever won it. The other 2 years they were second.

Messi's achievements don't even begin to match up to that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This debate between Maradona and Messi, isn't even a debate. Not only did Maradona inspire Argentina to the World Cup, but, during his time at Naples, they won the league twice, the first and second time they ever won it. The other 2 years they were second.

Messi's achievements don't even begin to match up to that.
What else gets forgotten is Napoli won the UEFA Cup back when it meant something with Maradona at the forefront. They beat Juventus and Bayern on the way to the final against Stuttgart