Diego Maradona has died | 1960 – 2020

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There are reports in Argentina that Diego Armando Maradona suffered a cardiac arrest today and has died aged 60.

Argentine newspapers Clarin and Ole claim the World Cup winner suffered a cardiorespiratory arrest on Wednesday morning local time in the town of Tigre.

Maradona only recently had surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain, following a fall. Pictures showed ambulances outside Maradona’s home. Following the operation on his brain, there were medical staff who remained at Maradona's home to keep him under observation.

A cardiorespiratory arrest means his heart stopped and he was not breathing, so had to be resuscitated.

According to an updated report by Clarin, Maradona has died.

https://www.football-italia.net/162570/clarin-diego-maradona-has-died

What the feck.

RIP if true - one of the true football GOATs.

Ah damn :(

He had surgery recently and I swear they said something along the lines of "He'll be around for a while yet".

Guess that makes it official.

RIP. Was not born to see his magic but he was a a fun character.

RIP if the reports are true. He lived a hell of a life and will always be a legend of the game.

More media are confirming the news

RIP one of the greatest ever of the most important sport in the world :( :( :( :(

RIP Diego.
You will be remembered as one of the all time greats.

Goes without saying, everything you do early in your life catches up with you in the end, true shame but least he got to manage Argentina in a World Cup.

RIP, The Hand of God, greatest player ever. My first World Cup was Mexico’86 when I was 7 years old. Maradona made football a part of my life.

Most exciting player ever most likely. Not so blessed of the pitch sadly. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Probably the most iconic player to have ever been in the sport. What a life he's had. RIP to the legend.

RIP to one of the greatest in the game, if not the greatest, sad day for sports, and not just football, everyone knows who he is.

Feck. Not exactly surprising but feck. The best player to ever grace a football pitch.

Was lucky enough to see him play live against Utd for Barcelona in the Cup Winners Cup - the night Robbo scored twice and we overturned a 2-0 first leg deficit.
A true football genius (2nd goal v England)- but undoubtedly a flawed genius (1st goal v England & drug abuse)
RIP

RIP Diego Maradona, sad day for football lost a true great of the game.