Dimitar Berbatov | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Dimitar Berbatov conjured some of his most majestic touches in Wednesday night's 2-1 victory over Bundesliga Champions Wolfsburg.

Berbatov turned on the style after replacing the injured Michael Owen in the first half of the match, making an almost immediate impact on the Reds' forward play.

The United no.9's clever flicks, tricks and interlinking touches were an integral feature of the Reds' attacks, and he played a big part in the build-up to Michael Carrick's match-winning strike.

The Bulgarian front man has shown good form so far this season, and last night was the perfect example of what he brings to the team and just how creative he can be on the ball.

So, sit back and enjoy ManUtd.com's exclusive video of his best bits from last night's match...

A touch of class - Manchester United Official Web Site

Great Hat

Agreed with that. Some of the bollocks I heard about him on the radio last night about him being ineffectual and just a luxury player (I think it was TalkSport or something) was shamefully wrong. Berba's looked pretty class so far this season; and despite his goal return this season not being particularly high, he's been playing in a more attacking role, and has been integral in the creation of a lot of good moves and chances; and his first touch is simply sublime. He's a superbly skillful player, and he showed that on a few occasions last night, as well as in other games this season. If he can become a little more unselfish and ruthless in front of goal at times, then he's destined for great things IMO.

Well in Berba. :devil:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was majestic when he came on, not as good in the second half though. The Sun gave him a 6 in the paper today, spastics.

Laphroaig

he looked class but I don't see what the fuss is about this particular game.

He didn't look any better or worse that he has at other points this season, and unlike other games this season didn't come away with an assist or a goal
Could've had five, I think. (Carrick, Valencia, the disallowed one, Anderson (?), and two to Rooney that admittedly wasn't easy ones.) He was great, especially in the first half.

Name Changed

weso26
He was majestic when he came on, not as good in the second half though. The Sun gave him a 6 in the paper today, spastics.
His second half performance probably merited a six. The Sun reporter probably missed Berbatov's first 15 minutes on the pitch where it must have been worth between 9 and 10.

Name Changed

weso26
They marked him out of the game in the second half, they realised he was the dangerman. When given space Berbatov can destroy teams.
He is very capable of creating space though. He is as good as anyone at it.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Was very impressed with him last night, seems to be playing more forward than usual.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He was very impressive last night. If he can produce the level of performance that he had in the first halve, for the duration, on a regular basis, then I'll sing his praises and consider him one of the best in the world. Some of his play last night was superb.

MUFCgal

He was sublime last night, especially in the 1st half but still had a hand in the goal in the 2nd half. He's been much improved this season, a few more goals wouldn't go amiss but you can't fault his performances. Very determined this time around and playing forward a lot more instead of hanging around the halfway line as he seemed to do last season.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Those are just signs of great things to come, he will be a brilliant player for us for the next 5 years atleast.

CptMarvel

Better supply in better areas with better runs being made around him all added up to a great performance last night. The whole team's been far less static this season and he's looked better because of it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
i just realised that they show some classy touches from him in that video but they didnt actually bother to show his involvement in Carrick's goal!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
People say a few goals would be nice as if this is guaranteed. While Rooney is there and in form it's all fine but if Berba was forced to take more goalscoring responsibility on his shoulders it would be crunch time, and in this aspect i am still nto convinced for all his improvements thus far. May he rise to the occasion.

Better supply in better areas with better runs being made around him all added up to a great performance last night.
Very true, i heard some pundits giving Owen a bit of flack but he more than most couldn't have been helped by some f our wayward passing and patchy decision making for the first half hour or so in particular.

The whole team's been far less static this season and he's looked better because of it.
You reckon, i think at times we've been somewhat predictable when we've gone about our play this season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He was really good in the 1st half anonymous in the 2nd. I love to see what you lads would be like if he put in a stunning 90 mins. There would be about 50 feckin threads dedicated to him.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He was really good in the 1st half anonymous in the 2nd. I love to see what you lads would be like if he put in a stunning 90 mins. There would be about 50 feckin threads dedicated to him.
With every post the same.

p_ps_sock

for 25 mins he was in a class of his own, faded badly in the second half and his role in carricks goal was to misplace a pass to giggs who had to really stretch to get it to carrick. If he can repeat that 25 minute spell more often he'll be one of the best in the world.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
for 25 mins he was in a class of his own, faded badly in the second half and his role in carricks goal was to misplace a pass to giggs who had to really stretch to get it to carrick. If he can repeat that 25 minute spell more often he'll be one of the best in the world.
So you see that as the pinnacle of his ability, our hopes for him?

skysplitter

a touch of class my arse,it takes more than a few flicks and tricks to make me happy.

3 goals in his last 24 games.i can not understand to this day why we bought him.:confused:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
3 goals in 24 games? What? That has to be a bollox stat
Including this season i make it six goals in 24 league games, of course if he means in all competitions it could well be a valid stat. But then 1 in 4 is still below what we need from him i would suggest.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
a touch of class my arse,it takes more than a few flicks and tricks to make me happy.

3 goals in his last 24 games.i can not understand to this day why we bought him.:confused:
Probably because you're a spastic twisting stats to suit an agenda.

He scored 14 goals last season, and already has 2 this season. Not really what his game's about though is it.

He'll never be a big goal scorer, neither was Bergkamp.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
He's a master at getting perfect weight on a flick or a back-heel. Anyone can attempt those sorts of passes, but to get the right weight and direction on them is an art form, and Berbatov is one of the best artists.

Champions4ever

Those are just signs of great things to come, he will be a brilliant player for us for the next 5 years atleast.
he is like 28 years old already - doubt he'll be in the team playing regularly at 33. If he doesn't start scoring more regularly by next season SAF will get another striker and he'll end up being another so called "supersub :rolleyes:"

Status
Not open for further replies.