Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redom

Physically he looks ready for first team football too, I think we'll mainly see him in cup games and perhaps the odd home game to integrate him and see how he performs and hopefully if he does well he'll become a genuine option for starting in the second half of the season, though Valencias form will also play a part.

Utdstar01

People getting a little carried away I think. Yes he looked good but that was little better than a pub team we were playing last night. Wolves on Saturday would be a much better test for him. If we get a decent lead in the game he might get a run.
:houllier:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is highly rated here at Portugal, but he lacks experience. His last season at Porto he started a bit shaky, but as games went on he became a very confident player.

He was supposed to "replace" Ricardo Pereira who went for Leicester, but Porto couldn't agree new contract terms with him and we got a good deal IMHO. 20M€ for the best RB prospect from Portugal U21, and bare in mind that Porto usually puts expensive price tags at their players, ends up being a very nice deal indeed.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
People getting a little carried away I think. Yes he looked good but that was little better than a pub team we were playing last night. Wolves on Saturday would be a much better test for him. If we get a decent lead in the game he might get a run.
So, if Young Boys are a pub team, I guess that makes Basel a team worst than a pub team.

Norris

I'm genuinely curious as to when you think this was. He slipped twice, as did others, due to playing on astro turf, but at no point did i see him beaten by his man.

Now comes the mental test for him. Young players often get forward lots and are full of confidence but it's how he reacts to the inevitable poor game or two that will determine whether he makes it here. A lot of players in recent times have shrunk after an injury/shocker.
It's the same two times I am referring to. One very close to our own goal and one at the halfway line. He slipped twice because, his positioning wasn't great and and as soon as his marker turned inside, it was inevitable that he would either fall or would slip. I know everybody is talking about the Astro turf and I have no doubt it absolutely played a part in what happened as well, but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to say some of it was his own fault too. I don't think it's fair to solely attribute something good or bad to one particular factor. I say all this despite being incredibly impressed with his performance and really excited to see what he brings to the team in the long run.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
It's the same two times I am referring to. One very close to our own goal and one at the halfway line. He slipped twice because, his positioning wasn't great and and as soon as his marker turned inside, it was inevitable that he would either fall or would slip. I know everybody is talking about the Astro turf and I have no doubt it absolutely played a part in what happened as well, but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to say some of it was his own fault too. I don't think it's fair to solely attribute something good or bad to one particular factor. I say all this despite being incredibly impressed with his performance and really excited to see what he brings to the team in the long run.
if he keeps slipping on a normal pitch, which should be the only pitch allowed to play on in competetive games then we should ask some serious questions, where as now I'd put it down to a coincidence/turf conditions..

Alabaster Codify7

I enjoyed him. Looked great going forward, looked confident and built to survive in the PL. Defensively I thought he was bit suspect but that's to be expected really given his age and lack of game-time. Jose should sort that out, I just hope it doesnt come at the expense of his attacking prowess. He could be a real weapon down the right.

I see Valencia coming back in this weekend, but Dalot to play 90mins against Derby.

I enjoyed him. Looked great going forward, looked confident and built to survive in the PL. Defensively I thought he was bit suspect but that's to be expected really given his age and lack of game-time. Jose should sort that out, I just hope it doesnt come at the expense of his attacking prowess. He could be a real weapon down the right.

I see Valencia coming back in this weekend, but Dalot to play 90mins against Derby.
This is what I see happening too - if he does well against Derby then he probably get a PL start soon.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've had a few exchanges with posters on here who were claiming he's not going to be given a chance this season and is going to play u23s this season :lol: Even some that saw his u23 games and stated that he's nowhere near ready, dispite the opposite being obvious.

I'd like to know what they made of it.

Wan

I'm still surprised that a lot of you think this guy is going to get regular first team football season.
He'll be lucky to get a few minutes as a sub.
He was bought to play in the youth setup, hopefully making a step up in a few years, to the first team.

Time will tell.
This

Canagel

They were not a pub team. In fact they were the better team until we scored.

He just started in an important CL game. This is a very difficult group to get out of, and it’s imperative that we beat the team that will finish bottom. This was not a dead rubber or a game where we went out half our youth team. It bodes very well for him that he’s been entrusted to start. Especially as he didn’t have a pre season.

He’s a first team squad player, who I am now confident will play a good amount of games for us this season. Jose trusts him, so I think he will play 20+ first team games this season.

predator

Youth NITK
Madrid will be sniffing around soon. Easily the best right back I've seen since cafu.

Nah seriously though he looked very good. So physically capable going forward and fearless. Defending at times wasn't perfect but he will improve. I think mourinho will take a gamble and play him more than we think this season.

I've played plenty on the same type of surface Young Boys use, it's very different to grass and you cannot twist on it the way you can on grass. If he was the only one having problems I would be worried but lots of players were slipping.

Ibi Dreams

Alright. Alright.
I was surprised that he got a start against a CL opponent, so soon.
Jose is changing, is now playing teenagers and I was wrong. :angel:
He has always played young players that he bought himself and believed in.

Norris

I've played plenty on the same type of surface Young Boys use, it's very different to grass and you cannot twist on it the way you can on grass. If he was the only one having problems I would be worried but lots of players were slipping.
Yeah, I play on such turf on a weekly basis, so it could be an issue with adjustment. A few more games should gave us a very good idea either ways.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Jose confirms he will start against Derby.
Yeah I think that's smart management by Mourinho. Let him rest properly and reflect on his debut. Then give him (hopefully) the full game versus Derby. He can always be on the bench against Wolves in case we need someone for, say, half an hour.

Red_Ramirez

He had a decent debut albeit against not great oppo
Valencia has been so crap for so long, people have forgotten what a good right back actually looks like. Happy for the lad, I hope he cements his place along with Shaw.
:houllier:

He hasnt been 'crap' though. Last season he was ok. The season before (16/17) he was one of our best players alongside Zlatan and Herrera

Red_Ramirez

Football fans tend to get carried away no matter what tbh. Our fans are no different

Bailly had a couple of solid first two months to his career with us and he was billed as the next Nemaja Vidic..

Matteo Darmian had a solid start with us and he was the next Gary Neville..

Tom Cleverly had a decent loan spell at Wigan and he was a Paul Scholes

etc etc

And lets not forget the Mourinho Out Brigade

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They were not a pub team. In fact they were the better team until we scored.
Has anybody on here ever heard of the use of hyperbole to assist with making a point. If course they’re not literally a pub team but they are well below PL standard. Sheesh...

Trizy

He's got a strong build, but in that post match interview he did with Shaw you can see that Shaw is actually significantly bigger than him (build, not height).
In Dalot's defense, Shaw has a unique build like Rooney had. Just a proper solid lump.

Based Adnan

Has work to do defensively but going forward is absolutely brilliant. Good bottle to take the penalty as well.

Trizy

Another good game from the kid. There was a few times he showed inexperience in his decision making but the pros outweigh the cons.

Looking forward to watching him progress.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He’s already more than good enough mentally, technically and physically to be trusted to start games regularly. He’ll only improve and fulfill his big potential by actually playing games and given the fact that Valencia has barely been good enough and United won’t challenge for the title anyway... I think there’s a good argument to be made that he should be your starting rightback.

He’s not quite there yet defensively but he’s fast and strong which will make that easy to solve, in the modern game fullbacks in big teams don’t have nowhere near as much defensive responsibility so he’ll be fine.

This kid has everything to be special and to help the club for many years, but United has to manage things well.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Naive defensively, although having not one but two rash center backs next to him didn't help. Great assist and a penalty.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Never seems to be where he’s supposed to be defensively but we’ve definitely got one I reckon.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
One touch cross. See Valencia? It can be done. Showed nice courage to take a penalty and unlucky. Could be a important player for us moving forwards.

Adamsk7

One of the few highlights tonight. His game is so mature for such a young player - he very rarely makes the wrong choice in possession and his delivery is already one of the best at the club. He does have a few defensive mistakes to iron out but they are really quite small and will easily go away with game time and some coaching.

Very promising.

IAmAWinner

He should start every game. Can you imagine Valencia ever having a cross like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.