Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Really pleased for him. A lot of players need guidance and it's good he's still young. I thought he'd be a late developer at worst as I see him with the tools to be a good fullback, good athlete yet was too wayward and fumbling in his runs back or forth. He needed a lot of steel to his game and take the challenge. I didn't think he'd be worth persevering with as we need many more top players yesterday as we've all seen by now with Case, Antony, Martinez what a difference it can make so it's good he can step up with a top manager in place.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

So crazy he didn’t get MOTM. You’d think Nev, of all people, might be able to spot a right back playing a blinder ffs.
He praised him so much in the game yet didn't give him the MOTM.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great game from him - especially when you consider that he had to deal with Benrahma, who was their best/most threatening player I thought.

Chief123

He has some unique attributes for a full back. He’s a physically strong unit who can bully most players he comes up against. It’s not common to have full backs who are so strong and have a physical presence.

He’s quite mobile and agile for someone who’s got a big frame. It’s one of the reasons you rarely see him lose aerial duels.

He really does have attributes that can be developed into a brilliant right back for years to come. He’s coming on leaps and bounds.

Foolsgold21

Most improved player by a mile.

Still doubts long term for where we want to be but absolutely top performance today

mav_9me

So crazy he didn’t get MOTM. You’d think Nev, of all people, might be able to spot a right back playing a blinder ffs.
So close between him and DdG but that save against Zouma and then to close the game with the save against Rice..was fresh in everyone's mind.

Sylar

Also I loved how he dealt with the throw in when he dismissed casemiro going back and looked for a more progressive one to Eriksen

Probably little but I liked it

arthurka

Wait couple of weeks back I pointed out his stats and was told they didn't mean shit and they were misleading, Dalot was poor no matter what. Today they can be taken seriously. This place sometimes amazes me.

But he has really stepped up his game, so much so that even the manager speaks of him in glowing terms.

BorisManUtd

If someone told me we'd be seeing Dalot playing this well last year when he had that dreadful performance vs Villarreal at OT, I'd hardly believe it. Might turn out to be Mourinho's best or one of the best signings for us.

Doracle

Stunning performance today. His defensive work is massively improved and his distribution is crisp. With Shaw also in form, we have two good full backs for the first time in several years. Happy to say I was wrong about Dalot as I didn’t see this player until this season.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
His ability to keep play ticking over in central areas and in the half spaces is brilliant, he is someone who won't show up as much as someone like Trent in terms of numbers but he will be no less vital long term for the system EtH wants to play.

Defensively it is night and day in terms of his consistency from previous seasons, talent and capability was always there but his ability to do it week in and week out this year has been good to see.

BarryWinks

Great performance today all things considered. Really growing into that role as the main right back in the team. Now also obvious Ten Haag wants him tucking in as an extra body in midfield during the offensive phase, which plays excellently to his strength. Hope he keeps the momentum as he can only improve really, has so much time to do so.

Asleepdemand

World class performance, i have to say this is the best RB performance in the post-Fergie era

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He’s a physically strong unit who can bully most players he comes up against. It’s not common to have full backs who are so strong and have a physical presence.
It's quite fun how we've got this on both sides with Dalot and Shaw. Shaw is even more of a physical bully when he wants to be and can pretty much dominate anybody in a physical match (I remember Adama Traore just bouncing off him a couple of years ago when they came together).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Remember all the hate he was getting, with literally 0 understanding for him just being a young fullback? Never understood why he got no slack at all. Barely got a chance, and when he did, it was in a horrendous struggling team with no coaching as a young fullback. And the amount of people that wrote him off is staggering despite this.

Wing Attack Plan R

Today he played with both brains and brawn. He looked confident in his own awareness of the game, wasn't looking around for anyone to tell him where to go or what to do. He was a physical presence in that defensive wall, read the game beautifully today. He would have had more impact going forward but there didn't seem to be any communication between him and Elanga. He's improved massively under ETH.

Shai-Hulud

He has improved so much under EtH. The RB position is no longer a priority for a signing. We just need a backup there assuming AWB goes.

We have an option for another year on Dalot's contract but we need to get him signed to a new one.

I love how two footed he is. It opens up opportunities when he can go either way and cross.

One of the best on the pitch yesterday. Would have got motm usually.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watched Mikhail Antonio’s analysis on MOTD2. Very complimentary of Dalot. He was convinced he was going to score those two chances that Dalot headed away at the back stick. Honourable mention for Martinez too.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Probably our most improved player. Was quality yesterday. Them back headed clearances saved us from conceding. He had to come over to the left quite a bit though to cover Shaw which meant we had no one in his position marking.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Huh? Didn't even think that would be a consideration given how much we were under the cosh for the last 30 min. My top 3 were Dalot, DdG and Licha
agreed. I was saying to my brother that any of them 3 deserve MOTM but I know for a fact rashford would get it because they always give it to an attacker who gets the winning goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His improvement has been absurd. We should still sign a RB but it's so great to watch a player who has often looked lost in our shirt playing with such purpose, aggression and quality. Earlier if you passed it to him in a tight spot he would panic. Now he's figuring out ways to keep the move going.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
23 years old. If he was playing for another club we'd be looking to sign him.
And he will cost no less than 40-50m pounds.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Given his contract is up next summer not as much as he should be. We need to get him signed to a new deal asap. He can sign a pre-contract with a team abroad after the World Cup :nervous:
Hope he signs. He's proving a useful player.

dpansheth

Still need one more. Dalot could be in a purple patch for all we know. Only really has been solid since/from match day week two, plus if he’s out (injury etc), we are lacking there
Agreed but finally *I think* we have a coach who will know if this is a purple patch or permanent.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Fair feck to him. Thought he was a nothing player with good work ethic, but I'm seeing him in a completely different light now. Impeccable performance today.

united for life

Fair feck to him. Thought he was a nothing player with good work ethic, but I'm seeing him in a completely different light now. Impeccable performance today.
i confess that I misjudged him last season. I always believed that he doesn’t know how to defend. But this year he’s been excellent. He was solid yesterday, he made a couple of clearances from crosses which were important. He adds a lot going forward as well and has high work ethics. How he goes into midfield at times to add numbers is also helping. He is what we want, his passion is also motivating

Chief123

It's quite fun how we've got this on both sides with Dalot and Shaw. Shaw is even more of a physical bully when he wants to be and can pretty much dominate anybody in a physical match (I remember Adama Traore just bouncing off him a couple of years ago when they came together).
Agree. It’s very useful for us to have 2 strong full backs who are decent height too and technically very good with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.