Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
No it wasn't stupid - he complained about a bad decision that 99.99% of players in the league would also complain about. The one yellow was fair enough, but it was scandalous to instantly give him a second one.
And 99.9% of players would have also been booked for the same reaction, that's not the stupid part the first part is undersandable, the stupid part is doing the exact same thing,the ref should have let it go but he didn't
The ban is automatic and I’m 99% certain it can’t be appealed. Only straight reds.
That's 100% right

klayton88

He needed a straight red for that freekick at the end of the first half. Justice was done.

Ollie Derbyshire

Agreed, good post. He just needs to work on his decision making and execution of the final pass to be a very good player, as you put it. But the encouraging thing is that he's showing a lot of promise in the deeper phase of play, which is normally a problem for us. And as a youngster at Porto, Dalot was known to be very good in the final third, so hopefully with a bit of fine tuning on the training ground, he can improve on things that were seen as his strengths at youth level.

And regarding his pace and acceleration, he seems to have matured physically since he arrived as a teenager and does seem quicker now.
If we haven’t been trying to improve this over the last what, 5yrs, then I’d question everything we do on the training ground. I’d love to see it happen as we’d then have a very good RB but it seems to be getting worse to me.

Dorris

If that was the case why can he still not cross a ball after 6 years here?

Also Dalot brilliant? Really? You must have a very low bar for what you consider brilliant.
I think some people become so entrenched in a view they refuse to change it. The same sort of people who used to slate Kyle Walker and brand him average because he used to switch off at the back post occasionally, but has probably been the best fullback in the world in the last 5 years.
I also said he’s brilliant technically and physically, not a brilliant player. The attributes are there he just needs to knit it all together.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we haven’t been trying to improve this over the last what, 5yrs, then I’d question everything we do on the training ground. I’d love to see it happen as we’d then have a very good RB but it seems to be getting worse to me.
He seems to have improved his technical game further since ten Hag arrived and he's (Dalot) shown a very high level of play when it comes to receiving passes out wide and in midfield, whilst being pressed. And I can't tell you how much I value players who have that ability in the game today.

I had previously given up on him before the arrival of ten Hag. But I must say that I've been very impressed with his development in the last two years. He seems to have the pace, power and technical ability, and at 24 years of age, he's someone that can improve further.

Raven

He seems to have improved his technical game further since ten Hag arrived and he's (Dalot) shown a very high level of play when it comes to receiving passes out wide and in midfield, whilst being pressed. And I can't tell you how much I value players who have that ability in the game today.

I had previously given up on him before the arrival of ten Hag. But I must say that I've been very impressed with his development in the last two years. He seems to have the pace, power and technical ability, and at 24 years of age, he's someone that can improve further.
This is what I've been trying to say. He's got excellent qualities and he's now around an age that you'd be expecting it all to come together. It would be foolish to get rid of him now I reckon.

The_Midfielder

He is a better player that can play in the midfield like how they play in Peps system..but he is bad in crossing .. but he has a really good passing esp long range ..so maybe we need to have him hit those long passes cross field towards Garnacho/Rashford

jem

And 99.9% of players would have also been booked for the same reaction, that's not the stupid part the first part is undersandable, the stupid part is doing the exact same thing,the ref should have let it go but he didn't

That's 100% right
Ridiculous - he hardly went full Di Canio, did he? To brandish the yellow that quickly was absurd, and every right-minded observer knows it.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I thought he played very well. Looked super focused, pumped up, had some very good moments defensively and thought his discipline and positioning was much better than usual. Well, apart from the obvious! Intensity is such a vague word but is the difference in absolute mediocrity and real class in so many of our players. That's individually and as a team.

stevoc

I think some people become so entrenched in a view they refuse to change it. The same sort of people who used to slate Kyle Walker and brand him average because he used to switch off at the back post occasionally, but has probably been the best fullback in the world in the last 5 years.
Entrenched in the view that he's shit at crossing a ball?

But he is shit at crossing.

I also said he’s brilliant technically and physically, not a brilliant player. The attributes are there he just needs to knit it all together.
Yeah the attributes have all been there since 2018, but he hasn't found the needles in all that time.

Raven

Entrenched in the view that he's shit at crossing a ball?

But he is shit at crossing.

Yeah the attributes have all been there since 2018, but he hasn't found the needles in all that time.
No, the attributes haven't been there's since 2018, he's physically developed massively since then.

Ollie Derbyshire

He has improved but being able to control the weight of his passing and crosses is extremely crucial for his position, if he can’t really threaten in the final 3rd then he needs to be replaced.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm sorry, he's just not good enough and never will be.

Shouldn't be suspended and it shouldn't have been a red but let's not cloud the fact that we're accepting mediocrity by suggesting he's an improved asset. Even improved he's still shit.

stevoc

No, the attributes haven't been there's since 2018, he's physically developed massively since then.
So let me get this right, you are saying he had no positive technical or physical attributes back in 2018?

stevoc

You can see what I wrote, are you having trouble understanding it?
I'm simply replying to what you wrote mate. My post which you replied to stated that he's had many positive attributes since 2018 (which is why he was highly rated). You seemed to emphatically disagree with that, if that's not actually what you meant then please do explain. Genuinely interested in what you were actually disagreeing with.

CannibalSpectre

Good performance from Dalot, he is one of the players who has the confidence in himself to step up in difficult games. His issues are lapses in concentration, which are fewer when we're under the cosh as he doesn't have chance to relax or switch off. Needs to work on that going forward.
Which previous big games has he stepped up in this season and in recent times? If anything he's been dire in many big matches. He was poor in both matches against Bayern, poor against Newcastle twice, poor against City, Copenhagen (4-3 defeat), Brighton at home and both Galatasaray matches. Going back to last season he was poor against Liverpool in that 7-0 defeat.

He was also poor against City when they beat us 6-3. His good performances in big matches dried up well before the WC and they weren't many to draw from

Last edited:

GueRed

I quite like him. His best spell was last season before the World Cup, he was one of our best players... Since then game to game and in-game he has gone back to being inconsistent as feck. Frustrating.

ForFuchsSake

He’s okay. Happy to have him as a second choice right back in the long run, but that’s exactly how I feel about Wan-Bissaka. Can’t fault his desire and passion which is better than most in the squad - imagine he’s a manager’s dream in that respect.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He’s a great player on paper because he ticks almost everything you would want in a modern fullback until he needs to do something with the ball.

youngrell

Which previous big games has he stepped up in this season and in recent times? If anything he's been dire in many big matches. He was poor in both matches against Bayern, poor against Newcastle twice, poor against City, Copenhagen (4-3 defeat), Brighton at home and both Galatasaray matches. Going back to last season he was poor against Liverpool in that 7-0 defeat.

He was also poor against City when they beat us 6-3. His good performances in big matches dried up well before the WC and they weren't many to draw from
I didn't say big games, I said difficult games. Unlike some of our other players, he doesn't hide in difficult moments and is willing to get on the ball, we saw it against Liverpool where he went centrally to receive the ball on the half turn from the keeper a few times. Those are the types of moments I am talking about.

arthurka

Again a player that occasionally shows glimpses of standard needed and we give him a 5 year deal only for him to disappear.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
MOM for me. Monster of a performance. One mistake first half.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't understand this guy...He's either a 4/10 or a 9/10 no in-between.
Unfortunately that's how young players play. We have been expecting a full grown player ever since he joined us.

Still only 24. Age where players move to big club.

Superunknown

I don't understand this guy...He's either a 4/10 or a 9/10 no in-between.
That's what I'm feeling, too. :lol:

The match day thread was hilarious. He was rightfully slated at times for some of his first half performance. The second half was so much better. He doesn't seem to have a middle ground.

A9X SJ

He gave the ball away in dangerous positions on 3 occasions int he first half….. He’s not good enough

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Physically he doesn’t lag that far behind Walker. He does have some wayward passes in him from the back and some serious ball watching from time to time. Great second half though.
Poor man's Walker is actually very good comparision. To be fair, he had a very good game.

Marwood

I've criticised him for what goes on between the ears but his energy and athleticism is top notch.

People thinking Shaw is world class should compare the energy and application between the two.

thepolice123

We depend a lot on him these days. Said from the start there's a good player in there.

Zed is not dead

Unfortunately that's how young players play. We have been expecting a full grown player ever since he joined us.

Still only 24. Age where players move to big club.
Yes people forget he’s yet to enter his prime and was loaned to Milan a few years back, and worked his way up to the team.
I understand the frustration but to me he has the potential to be a top RB. Anyways between AWB and him, for me there’s no debate, Dalot is the better player

Rossa

Poor man's Walker is actually very good comparision. To be fair, he had a very good game.
Inthink we could use him like City use Walker. Have him sweep up counters on the defense. Move the ball into attack and provide space for teammates, but just don’t expect him to deliver many goals or assists.

NZT-One

He did well today. He made one or two mistakes in 1st half, one could have been a capital one. But then improved and did well overall. Was tasked to move infield today, I think he did that pretty good. But Villa had picked it up and I think, those dynamics (same as with AWB) aren't as quick and robust as they should be. Villa played in behind them more than once, I was expecting them to pounce there.