5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

GMoore23

When he hits his prime in a year or 2, we'll likely lose him to Spain unfortunately.

Borussia Teeth

Good player both technically and physically. A lot of posters are very harsh on this guy.

Dominos

Unfortunately that's how young players play. We have been expecting a full grown player ever since he joined us.

Still only 24. Age where players move to big club.
I know a lot don't rate him, I do get the feeling with him he could hit quite a high peak when he does hit his prime. He barely played any football for years after we signed him so his development was delayed, it's only since Ralf came in he's got some consistent football under his belt.

He is pretty fast and improved 1v1 from his early days, is pretty good in the air for a full back defending his back post from crosses, and can drive forward with the ball and play himself out of trouble fairly well.

There's still cases of switching off defensively, giving the ball away, and his final 3rd end product isn't there, but he's got time to iron out the errors.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Credit where it's due, great game today (bar the standard brain fart with his pass back to Evans) and he does play his role well in Ten Hags system.

Alemar

Decent game, but a brain fart could have costed us dearly. Still an improvement, and a visible one, on his recent outing.

Borninthe80ts

When he signed a new contract although he was in poor form I thought he could prove his worth eventually. Versatility, determination and even goals now. As was pointed out he can get better too.

massiveissue

Not bad but looks like he needs a rest, he's been playing game after game for quite a while now.

Abraxas

He's improved his physicality quite a lot in the last year or so. Seems stronger in challenges and has quite an impressive physique now, more confident going shoulder to shoulder. One of the few players I see the odd spark of improvement and decent play in this season. Still very much a nearly man going forward.

led_scholes

Well, he is trying at least. And unlike McT, he has some brain on positioning.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's a good footballer and stands out as he is physically a beast unlike our frail and slow team.

But he makes boneheaded mistakes frequently. He's a strange player but he's fit and plays both sides so deserves credit.

stevoc

Well, he is trying at least. And unlike McT, he has some brain on positioning.
I think that must be the first post in here that mentions Dalot and brain in the same sentence in a positive way.

led_scholes

I think that must be the first post in here that mentions Dalot and brain in the same sentence in a positive way.
Well his positioning is not that bad. Unlike McT or AWB he is not getting caught out of position 4-5 times per game.

Raven

He's so clearly one of our better players it's ridiculous, I feel there will come a point where it all clicks and he hits something like Shaw's level.

Conor

He is too thick to ever become a top level defender. The mistakes he makes are those of someone with mid-level football IQ.

Borussia Teeth

He's so clearly one of our better players it's ridiculous, I feel there will come a point where it all clicks and he hits something like Shaw's level.
Good example! Shaw was often criticized about end product and IQ in his younger years but his ability and technique was never in question. Dalot, I think can be even better due to his superior physical attributes.

Raven

Good example! Shaw was often criticized about end product and IQ in his younger years but his ability and technique was never in question. Dalot, I think can be even better due to his superior physical attributes.
Whilst Dalot is very good technically I don't think he's as good as Shaw in that department but you're right about the physical attributes, Shaw is still quick but has lost a bit of pace over the years but he does still have brutish strength like Dalot. It all depends on how Dalot develops, if he puts it all together he could be a brilliant player.

United888

I would say at least he deserves to stay another season and be part of the squad for next season. He’s still 24 years old and he rarely gets injured, at that age and no injury issue, there is still room for improvement. He can play right and left full backs which is more ideal to have in the squad than bissaka who only can cover right back spot.

Revaulx

He is too thick to ever become a top level defender. The mistakes he makes are those of someone with mid-level football IQ.
I don’t think he’s thick. When he’s not making idiotic mistakes (ie most of the time) he plays with a good deal of intelligence.

Quite a few otherwise intelligent players have a propensity for brain farts, and he seems to be one of them. Smalling was another.

city-puma

Agree. He is already a very good player now. With his work ethic, he is destined to reach and maybe exceed Shaw’s level. Hope him an injury free career in this club.

Raven

Agree. He is already a very good player now. With his work ethic, he is destined to reach and maybe exceed Shaw’s level. Hope him an injury free career in this club.
He's been pretty solid from a fitness perspective so far, if he can stay that way then he's looking pretty good, I hope he can do it too.

city-puma

He's been pretty solid from a fitness perspective so far, if he can stay that way then he's looking pretty good, I hope he can do it too.
Yeah, hope that’s the case. Another thing is that he seems a quick learner. Even though from youth he has been regarded to be capable to play on both sides, his early performances on left for both AC Milan and us had been far from satisfactory. As he showed under Ralph on RB, when he plays with sufficient amount of time, he can quickly improve. This season he had more chance to play LB, and he has been getting better and better now. Well, occasionally he made some rare stupid decisions. But I expect them gradually gone away.

stevoc

Yeah, hope that’s the case. Another thing is that he seems a quick learner. Even though from youth he has been regarded to be capable to play on both sides, his early performances on left for both AC Milan and us had been far from satisfactory. As he showed under Ralph on RB, when he plays with sufficient amount of time, he can quickly improve. This season he had more chance to play LB, and he has been getting better and better now. Well, occasionally he made some rare stupid decisions. But I expect them gradually gone away.
Why can't he learn how to cross then?

Or at thge very least learn to look up before he crosses.

city-puma

Why can't he learn how to cross then?

Or at thge very least learn to look up before he crosses.
Sometimes, one will never get how to do certain things. Just ask yourself if you are excellent on everything? :smirk:

stevoc

Sometimes, one will never get how to do certain things. Just ask yourself if you are excellent on everything? :smirk:
All I'm asking is for him to get half decent at one thing. If I was practicing for an hour every day on crossing after 3 months I'd be able to deliver a relatively decent cross. Or at the very least deliver one that's able to land in the box.

Dalots a very good athlete and pretty tidy technically. His complete inability to cross a football with any sort of consistency is baffling.

Irwin99

He's actually had a decent half a season for us (same as last season, when he had a drop off in form around December/January). Invariably whenever I praise him though he goes and does something stupid which makes me think we should have got rid of him years ago. Please be consistent from now on Diogo!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's actually had a decent half a season for us (same as last season, when he had a drop off in form around December/January). Invariably whenever I praise him though he goes and does something stupid which makes me think we should have got rid of him years ago. Please be consistent from now on Diogo!
Yeah, if you ignore that he cost us a goal in almost every Champions League game we played.

His crowning moment of the season being this:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5u9z0EYLVn8

Borussia Teeth

One of our strongest players both physically and technically. He can be brainless at times but I think he's on the verge of putting it all together.