5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

mu4c_20le

Well I disagree, he was my MOTM by a mile today. 6 is incredibly harsh. Watch the game of highlights again and he didn’t put a foot wrong today. Played out from the back, dribbled out of trouble and still defended Diaz fantastically. That isn’t hyperbole that’s me watching the game and the people I watched it with all agreed he was MOTM.
Fair enough, its subjective so I wont dispute one or two points. I like Dalot too for what itsworth, he's passionate and loves the club.
He's not the best in the league (TAA and Walker even though he's old now), but I'd have him after those 2 without a doubt.
He's on the same level as Porro for me, someone I didn't quite rate at first because his defending was also a joke, but looks like a proper PL player now. With a good attacking manager I think Dalot can up another level, particularly in terms of g/a.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Quantify why you think Dalot has been better than Mainoo or Nacho. It's all good saying it but try to make it make sense to someone who's not seeing it?
Garnacho didn't really get going this season until December when he got moved to the right. Before that he was basically at the same level as Rashford this season. Well, in possession anyway, obviously he was working harder defensively so his overall game was a bit better. But it's only been since December that he's been fairly consistently good.

Mainoo didn't play until December, and while there's no doubt he's impressive in moments he does drift in and out of games a lot and struggles to consistently impact them.

Dalot hasn't been amazing or anything, but he probably has been the most consistently solid throughout the season. He's had the odd game here and there that he's struggled in (the recent Chelsea and Brentford games for example), but overall he's been quite good.

Raven

Quantify why you think Dalot has been better than Mainoo or Nacho. It's all good saying it but try to make it make sense to someone who's not seeing it?

People saying he was MoM in here but he's not sitewide or anywhere that I've seen. In fact even the young center back was better. It's all a bit of a stretch for me...
Because 7/10 games he gives us 7/10 performance, 2/10 games he gives us above a 7 and only about 1 in 10 games he serves up shit. He's technically our most consistent and even when the likes of Garnacho (just an example) can't pass a ball 5 yards, you can almost always rely on Dalot to be composed and keep possession. He's given just about every winger in the league, barring Palmer last week, absolute nothing. He's added a lovely final ball to his game. He's physically dominant. For me it's Dalot and then quite a big gap then Garnacho in second then another sizeable gap, then Mainoo in third.

Kambwala was good yesterday but absolutely nowhere near Dalot. Dalot was as good if not better defensively and miles and miles better on the ball. That's not a slight on the young lad, he did very well but saying he was as good as Dalot I feel just speaks to a lack of understanding of the game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Garnacho didn't really get going this season until December when he got moved to the right. Before that he was basically at the same level as Rashford this season. Well, in possession anyway, obviously he was working harder defensively so his overall game was a bit better. But it's only been since December that he's been fairly consistently good.

Mainoo didn't play until December, and while there's no doubt he's impressive in moments he does drift in and out of games a lot and struggles to consistently impact them.

Dalot hasn't been amazing or anything, but he probably has been the most consistently solid throughout the season. He's had the odd game here and there that he's struggled in (the recent Chelsea and Brentford games for example), but overall he's been quite good.
I don't buy that, the other 2 have done more over the season. Higher hights and all that.... If I was going to sell one of the 3 it's obviously Dalot.

He hasn't been terrible or anything but you guys are in Martial FC territory.... anyway it's better than every 2nd poster screaming git rid!

Raven

I don't buy that, the other 2 have done more over the season. Higher hights and all that.... If I was going to sell one of the 3 it's obviously Dalot.

He hasn't been terrible or anything but you guys are in Martial FC territory.... anyway it's better than every 2nd poster screaming git rid!
I didn't say any of that.

afrocentricity

I didn't say any of that.
We're you not making the case that he is your player of the season? Or that he's done more than the other 2 over the season? Or that he was MotM yesterday? I'm disagreeing with all of the above... If you're not saying that then fair enough.

Raven

We're you not making the case that he is your player of the season? Or that he's done more than the other 2 over the season? Or that he was MotM yesterday? I'm disagreeing with all of the above... If you're not saying that then fair enough.
I was merely pointing out that you've quoted @MadDogg but for some reason attributed it to me. I agree with more or less everything he said but would actually rate his performances this season potentially a little higher.

Your reply is gobbledygook anyway.

afrocentricity

I was merely pointing out that you've quoted @MadDogg but for some reason attributed it to me. I agree with more or less everything he said but would actually rate his performances this season potentially a little higher.

Your reply is gobbledygook anyway.
I thought my reply was fine. I see what you mean btw I seem to have mixed you both up but no matter as you're saying the same thing, which I disagreed with.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's not the best in the league (TAA and Walker even though he's old now), but I'd have him after those 2 without a doubt.
Hes not better than Ben White.

Then you have others who are about his level this Porro, Cash and Trippier (and that his level this season) if you look across multiple seasons then its worse for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Then you have others who are about his level this Porro, Cash and Trippier (and that his level this season) if you look across multiple seasons then its worse for him.
Everyone's allowed their opinion but I don't think any of those are on the same level as Dalot in their talent and overall game, but anyway. That's just me!

Cassidy

Everyone's allowed their opinion but I don't think any of those are on the same level as Dalot in their talent and overall game, but anyway. That's just me!
Sure thats fair

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

People saying he was MoM in here but he's not sitewide or anywhere that I've seen. In fact even the young center back was better. It's all a bit of a stretch for me...
Dalot’s had more good games over the course of the season than Garnacho and Mainoo. The former has been more inconsistent than Dalot and the latter has played 12 games less. In terms of overall contribution to our season as a whole it’s certainly not outlandish to suggest that Dalot’s been the best of the bunch.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Why would you look across multiple seasons with a young player just coming into his prime having his best season of improvement.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Dalot’s had more good games over the course of the season than Garnacho and Mainoo. The former has been more inconsistent than Dalot and the latter has played 12 games less. In terms of overall contribution to our season as a whole it’s certainly not outlandish to suggest that Dalot’s been the best of the bunch.
Blows my mind how people can't understand that a player isn't the same as they were 2 seasons ago. Dalot is so disliked by a good chunk of the fanbase when almost every other club in football would be happy to have him, he has a rare blend of abilities even if he's not the ultra productive touchline fullback people seem to clamor for.

afrocentricity

I'll reserve judgement till the end of the season PM, the other 2 have literally won us games. Probably wouldn't be where we are without them and I can't quite say the same for Dalot.... Opinions

Don't think it's outlandish to say there are 3 others ahead of him for MotM either ... That's where I'm coming from, it sounds like hype in that context

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'll reserve judgement till the end of the season PM, the other 2 have literally won us games. Probably wouldn't be where we are without them and I can't quite say the same for Dalot.... Opinions
Yeah, there’s no objective truth here. It is all about opinions. I always think defenders don’t get a fair crack of the whip in these popularity contests because the stuff they do is less eye-catching but that’s definitely a personal preference. Probably because I played a defensive position myself.

Cassidy

Why would you look across multiple seasons with a young player just coming into his prime having his best season of improvement.
Maybe because he is actually 25 and has had a better season at Milan. Also he is in the same age group as players like Ben White and Cash who I compared him too.

Raven

Don't think it's outlandish to say there are 3 others ahead of him for MotM either ... That's where I'm coming from, it sounds like hype in that context
What about all of the goals he's saved with last ditch challenges? Do you just not recognise defensive contribution?

buckooo1978

Dalot is our most improved player this season and (Chelsea aside) he's very rarely not performed well - still not sure why Ten Hag played him on the left.

silly to compare him with the likes of Garnacho who is younger and at a less advanced stage of his career.

Its understandable that Garnacho has had more off days considering his age and the tougher assignment. On the eye test you'd have to say that Garnacho has a much higher ceiling and if he develops consistency alongside physicality and his decision making we've a potential world class player on our hands.

two important players going forward

afrocentricity

What about all of the goals he's saved with last ditch challenges? Do you just not recognise defensive contribution?
You say this as if he's done this more than any other defenders.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You say this as if he's done this more than any other defenders.
He definitely has. He pretty much single handedly is the reason why so many of these 4 be 2's by the opposition don't end in goals. He's the guy who makes a vital block time and time again

Red00012

I’d have him as my player of the season so far just ahead of Garnacho and Mainoo.

afrocentricity

He definitely has. He pretty much single handedly is the reason why so many of these 4 be 2's by the opposition don't end in goals. He's the guy who makes a vital block time and time again
If that's true then fair enough.... I'll pay more attention going forward

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
For someone who has a reasonably attacking role (compared to teams in general and Utd’s fullbacks in particular), he does a lot of defensive work too. I think you’d be in a considerably worse position this season if it was Dalot injured and AWB playing week in week out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hate these interviews after games. We hear it week after week… Dalot saying they can’t hide. Well you was during there 2nd goal. You couldn’t mark a statue mate. Awful.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think hes looking tired
This shouldn’t be an excuse. There professional footballers who sometimes play 2 games a week, we’re lucky we’ve had a weeks break. City play the same players for 2 games in 1 week. Our players are just weak mentally and physically.