Diogo Dalot - next move?

Ollie Derbyshire

Happy for him to leave, isn’t better than AWB and hasn’t improved at all from what I’ve seen, plays a bit like a headless chicken at times. Bring in Trippier and the defence will be sorted. Will give AWB someone to actually learn from and compete with.

cyberman

I want Max Aarons if Dalot is gone, why on earth would you bring in Trippier who is almost 30 and can't defend ?
Because he is excellent at crossing a ball and we have Ronaldo up top?
We need to plan for when we are in the front foot

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm assuming it's a €5m loan with a €13m obligation in a year's time?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
You don’t play in defence for Simeone if you can’t defend. And we have Ethan Laird who the club have huge hopes for - we don’t need a long term backup.
Then I would rather see the money it would take to get him in go on a midfielder.

This full back situation has been handled extremely poorly if bringing in Trippier on what will undoubtedly be a 3/4 year deal is the answer. It just creates just as much of a barrier for Ethan Laird than Aarons would.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Then I would rather see the money it would take to get him in go on a midfielder.

This full back situation has been handled extremely poorly if bringing in Trippier on what will undoubtedly be a 3/4 year deal is the answer. It just creates just as much of a barrier for Ethan Laird than Aarons would.
What? How is replacing Dalot who the club clearly don’t want for a better player in trippier for 2 years until a top talent at the club is ready to compete with AWB handling the situation poorly? He’ll come in and improve the squad. What’s the issue? And I’m sure if we sell a few others we’ll sign a CM - the two situations aren’t linked.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I dunno, maybe I am wrong, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. If Laird stays injury free his trajectory and talent suggests he is going to be ready to compete from next year, I say that as someone who has watched a lot of him. Trippier on a deal whereby it will be hard to get rid of him just screams bloated squad to me. We have enough trouble selling players who have some value. Let alone trying to shift what could very easily be an unattractive contract for a player who will be 32 going into next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I want Max Aarons if Dalot is gone, why on earth would you bring in Trippier who is almost 31 and can't defend ?
You don’t bring in a 21 year old RB to cover a 23 year old. Not to mention Aarons will definitely cost more than Trippier.

darioterios

No he has been given a fair chance, should try to grab it with both hands. Look forward to seeing how that turns out.

On another note, tap in or original by Fabrizio this?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
40 million for Trip was always way too much. We were offering 15-20 million at the start of the window and he’s free next summer no? I’m happy to keep Dalot about this season and let him attack. I think he has more potential than lots of posters seem to think.

jesperjaap

Dalot staying apparently.
Good, dont rate Dalot but happy with im as a back up option. Sending him out on loan with obligation to buy was no urantee of a fee and we would have had to spend money on a new right back, no midfield signing. Failure to sign a central midfielder by the end of this window is still poor dealings this window for me even with three excellent signings already

Zoo

He has the attributes but is defensively soft and looks like he doesn’t fancy it. Hopefully one of the players that Ronaldo manages to drag up a level.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Dalot staying apparently.
Well yeah, no other move makes sense to me given the noises that have been made by Ole and letting both Brandon and Laird go on loan. Dalot is first reserve for both full back spots while Telles is out and he will get plenty of games against weaker opposition I think.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Happy to keep him as back up to AWB. He's not that bad really.
He's anything but defensively sound, so it's a lost opportunity in my view. But of course, we can't be going into the season with only one player capable of playing at right back. And Dalot needs to play games to develop, if he's AWB plays 50 matches Dalot will be wasting his career. It wouldn't surprise me if this is just posturing, he'll leave and Ole will deploy Bailly/Lindelof as cover for AWB (which would be pretty horrendous) if we fail to get someone in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
After how Dortmund treated us regarding Jadon I wouldn't like us doing them any favors whatsoever.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's anything but defensively sound, so it's a lost opportunity in my view. But of course, we can't be going into the season with only one player capable of playing at right back. And Dalot needs to play games to develop, if he's AWB plays 50 matches Dalot will be wasting his career. It wouldn't surprise me if this is just posturing, he'll leave and Ole will deploy Bailly/Lindelof as cover for AWB (which would be pretty horrendous) if we fail to get someone in.
He has improved at Milan. Whether that's enough to persuade cautious Ole remains to be seen.

pawanraj

Just let him go... Phil Jones can deputise at right back. He should be back in a month or so.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If I counted it correctly we are actually 2 players over the limit in the CL. We have 25 players that have to be registered for the Premier League and two additional ones, in Amad and Sancho, that have to be registered in the Champions League A list.

Obvious choice would be to not register Grant and Jones for the CL if the squad stays as it is.
Forgot how young Sancho is. I am assuming Heaton is a registered 3rd keeper and Grant is not registered and will only be used in emergencies. I suspect Amad will leave on loan and Jones faces not being registered again unless someone else leaves.

bosskeano

Bloody hell ship him out if you can get Dortmund to accept a loan with an obligation to buy

OverratedOpinion

He is okay.

Spending over 20 million on Trippier as an improvement as our back up right back would be mental whilst we need a midfielder so badly.

Bondi77

I don't actually think Lindelof would be a bad option to fill in at RB. Played there a bit for Benfica I think.
Axel should have been kept as he would be a better option for cover at RB plus he was better at LCB than Lindelof as well....a mistake by Ole I think.

RedDevilRoshi

Bloody hell ship him out if you can get Dortmund to accept a loan with an obligation to buy
Then who do we play at RB if AWB picks up an injury/suspension?

I think that’s the reason why Ole wants to keep him - simply as backup to AWB. We are not going to overpay €40M for Trippier when the cash would be better spent towards a DM.

ReallyUSA

Then who do we play at RB if AWB picks up an injury/suspension?

I think that’s the reason why Ole wants to keep him - simply as backup to AWB. We are not going to overpay €40M for Trippier when the cash would be better spent towards a DM.
JAMES