Diouf joins Ole's squad

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Good game..I enjoyed it.

Nice to see Diouf...he's a good finisher and will give us a great option up front. I'd like to see him start with Rooney.

I'm sure he'll bag us plenty of goals

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
It's not that he doesn't work hard, it's just that every now and then he still has one of his I'm-too-skillful-for-these-guys-and-I-know-it games.
But he has the same kind of disinterested spells in recent first team appearances as well. I really think it's crying out for a loan spell for him to better appreciate the chance he's got at United.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why didn't MUTV ask him about the injury as well? Seems like the most pressing question to ask.

Crerand Legend

But he has the same kind of disinterested spells in recent first team appearances as well. I really think it's crying out for a loan spell for him to better appreciate the chance he's got at United.
On loan, dont think that would be too popular on here

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's not that he doesn't work hard, it's just that every now and then he still has one of his I'm-too-skillful-for-these-guys-and-I-know-it games.
Completely disagree.Having that languid style will always give that impression.

He should actually try and make more runs like the one at the end

twitter thread suggester
Why didn't MUTV ask him about the injury as well? Seems like the most pressing question to ask.
I doubt he would be able to tell them anything new considering theygot word from the physio regarding the injury just after the substitution.

Fergies Formula

Is there a video link to his goals?! How was his general hold up play and first touch? Does he look like an inteligent player? come on lads give us the run down for the sake of us who didnt get to see it!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Completely disagree.Having that languid style will always give that impression.

He should actually try and make more runs like the one at the end
He makes runs like that all the time and usually covers good ground. Tonight he had one of his overly languid nights, but they are becoming fewer and farther between. He's coming along nicely IMO, seems to be getting stronger all the time. Just hope his tendinitis woes are a thing of the past.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
That first goal is what I've wanted Rooney to do with all the one on ones he's had of late.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Its hitting all the footie sites. :lol:

TREBLE FOR DIOUF

Mame Biram Diouf has put himself in contention for a place in the Manchester United squad to face Hull on Saturday by scoring a reserve team hat-trick.

The Senegal-born striker got his treble in a 4-0 triumph at Sunderland which is bound to receive a glowing report from Red Devils reserve boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Diouf has already made two substitute appearances since his arrival from Molde - Solskjaer's former club - this month and scored his first goal against Burnley last week.

And, with Sir Alex Ferguson needing to keep an element of freshness in his team for next week's Carling Cup decider with Manchester City, Diouf could get the call as United look to go top of the Premier League by beating Hull at Old Trafford.

Gabriel Obertan and Danny Welbeck were also involved in a match watched by Black Cats boss Steve Bruce, while Ferguson will also be delighted that Federico Macheda made a 15-minute appearance after a lengthy spell out through injury.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
3 really good and varied finishes. He's far too good for reserve football, hope he's not really injured.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Unafraid as usual to show my ignorance, how is Mame pronounced?

'Cos if it's anything like Mammy then the old Denis Law song is begging, really begging, to be brought back.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The story is that Ole recommended him.

He seems good personality as well, very smiley and positive. I must admit he's impressed me a lot so far, it's a shame we didn't get him in the summer.
That was our decision, I guess we didn't have a problem with him finishing the season at Molde as he was coming along so nicely. Probably a wise choice.

Virtuoso

Very comfortable victory tonight, ofcourse Diouf looked awesome and was absolutely clinical - really was impressive.

I thought Welbeck and Obertan did well but the former's decision making and the latter's final product were inconsistent. Norwood had a good game playing on the right, thought he played some clever passes and De Laet was solid at the back. Been saying it for years but I really do rate Ben Amos and he had another top game tonight.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Always been a fan of Amos as well. I think it's probably time for Hewson that he moved on - he's too old and too good for this level and he's never going to make it in the first team - I reckon he'd do well in League 1. Good to hear Evans was impressive but personally I don't really rate him that much and I think he'll go the same way as Hewson.

Also interesting to know that you're the Utd researcher PS18, I'll have to keep checking all the new versions to see your opinions on all the kids!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Diouf says "Help the team" almost as many times in an interview as Ronaldo used to do.

My conclusion:

Diouf = Ronaldo

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think it may have been work permit related
I don't think so, mate. Sir said at the time that ideally we'd wait to sign him at all, but when the likes of mighty Sochaux and Groningen started bidding for him, our hand was forced. He eventually got his WP without any fuzz, I doubt it was because of that one cap.