Gaming Dishonored 2

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yup, Daud :drool: Can't for the feck of me remember the story from it, just remember a lot of Daudness.
Daud was a badarse, the OG fo sho. James Madsen's voice was great as Daud too. The story was his redemption in a way.

The knife of Dunwall
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Knife_of_Dunwall

The Knife of Dunwall
centers around Daud, leader of the Assassins and murderer of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin. Seeking redemption for killing the Empress, Daud is given a directive by the Outsider: unravel the mystery behind the name "Delilah." Daud sets out on a journey that includes stops in familiar places (the Whalers' base in the Flooded District) as well as areas of Dunwallnot seen in Dishonored's main story (the Legal District and Slaughterhouse Row).

The Brigmore Witches
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brigmore_Witches

The DLC concludes Daud's adventures begun in The Knife of Dunwall, carrying over existing chaos levels, powers, weapons, and upgradesfrom the previous DLC. Having uncovered the mystery and incurred the wrath of notorious witch Delilah Copperspoon, Daud pursues her to disrupt a ritual that will "spell [his] doom."[1]Warring gangs, the Dead Eels and the Hatters, appear in the DLC to assist Daud in his efforts to reach Delilah. The DLC also features Daud's final confrontation with Corvo Attano.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Daud was a badarse, the OG fo sho. James Madsen's voice was great as Daud too. The story was his redemption in a way.

The knife of Dunwall
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Knife_of_Dunwall

The Knife of Dunwall
centers around Daud, leader of the Assassins and murderer of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin. Seeking redemption for killing the Empress, Daud is given a directive by the Outsider: unravel the mystery behind the name "Delilah." Daud sets out on a journey that includes stops in familiar places (the Whalers' base in the Flooded District) as well as areas of Dunwallnot seen in Dishonored's main story (the Legal District and Slaughterhouse Row).

The Brigmore Witches
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brigmore_Witches

The DLC concludes Daud's adventures begun in The Knife of Dunwall, carrying over existing chaos levels, powers, weapons, and upgradesfrom the previous DLC. Having uncovered the mystery and incurred the wrath of notorious witch Delilah Copperspoon, Daud pursues her to disrupt a ritual that will "spell [his] doom."[1]Warring gangs, the Dead Eels and the Hatters, appear in the DLC to assist Daud in his efforts to reach Delilah. The DLC also features Daud's final confrontation with Corvo Attano.
Oh yeah, all flooding back now, loved the way the intertwined it with the main story as well. I'm tempted to start it all again, never quite managed a full no kills run.

Can't go wrong with Madsen. Think Corvo has a voice in this one? They've changed the voice actor for the Outsider too, wonder if that's deliberate for story purposes or they just wanted someone new.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
This video from him is even better. I think its the last level so anyone who hasn't done it don't watch
:lol:

That guy is insanely good, such a sadistic bastard too. It's like he knows where every single guard is at all times.

Ubik

Love those kills where they slow time after a guard shoots, then possess the guard to move him in front of the bullet so he ends up shooting himself :lol: More of a low chaos guy myself but definitely less fun to watch.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This video from him is even better. I think its the last level so anyone who hasn't done it don't watch
:lol: That guy at 02:15 shot himself. I didn't even know you could do that.

This game is just so fecking awesome.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is the PC version of this as bad as some of the reviews are saying?

Was about to purchase, but don't want an inferior version.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've got a major problem with the firstgame and that's the morality system.

After giving us so many cool powers, the game then punishes you for using them by making it so that non lethal actions result in good endings.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

After giving us so many cool powers, the game then punishes you for using them by making it so that non lethal actions result in good endings.
Not all the powers (e.g. Blink, Bent Time, Dark Vision, Possession, Agility etc.) are inherently destructive. You can use them creatively in order to avoid detection.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not all the powers (e.g. Blink, Bent Time, Dark Vision, Possession, Agility etc.) are inherently destructive. You can use them creatively in order to avoid detection.
My point is, despite having access to certain cool powers where you can creatively kill people, the game affectively forces us to go non lethal by tying the good ending to non lethal actions.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
My point is, despite having access to certain cool powers where you can creatively kill people, the game affectively forces us to go non lethal by tying the good ending to non lethal actions.
Oh right, I see. I've never really had a problem with a game promoting a non-lethal route as morally better.

izzydiggler

I felt exactly the same - spent hours finding all the runes/bone charms to upgrade my abilities but then you can't really use them, so was all a bit pointless. I had planned on another run through, just killing everyone but was disappointed that there was not a NG+ mode, which was a big oversight. Nice to read that new one is getting one patched in.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid

I felt exactly the same - spent hours finding all the runes/bone charms to upgrade my abilities but then you can't really use them, so was all a bit pointless. I had planned on another run through, just killing everyone but was disappointed that there was not a NG+ mode, which was a big oversight. Nice to read that new one is getting one patched in.
Just use them and destroy everything? Who cares about the ending? Is a 2 minute cutscene really more important than having fun for hours while playing it? :confused:

Just do 2 playthroughs, I think that's the point in having different endings.

izzydiggler

Just use them and destroy everything? Who cares about the ending? Is a 2 minute cutscene really more important than having fun for hours while playing it? :confused:

Just do 2 playthroughs, I think that's the point in having different endings.
It didn't just change the ending, it made the game harder with more guards/rats, so stealth became much more difficult - basically, it almost forces you to play the whole game either stealthy or killing everything...I would prefer the choice given the situation and to mix it up.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
It didn't just change the ending, it made the game harder with more guards/rats, so stealth became much more difficult - basically, it almost forces you to play the whole game either stealthy or killing everything...I would prefer the choice given the situation and to mix it up.
I don't remember that. I just played the game as you said, some situations I killed everything some others I went for the stealth approach.

I can't wait to play the second one.

Is the PC version of this as bad as some of the reviews are saying?

Was about to purchase, but don't want an inferior version.
Whatever it is it will probably just get fixed with the first update.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I don't remember that. I just played the game as you said, some situations I killed everything some others I went for the stealth approach.

I can't wait to play the second one.

Whatever it is it will probably just get fixed with the first update.
Get on it, it's been great so far. I've played for nearly 13 hours and I believe I'm only about halfway.

I started on Hard and to be honest it was quite difficult at first. Even now it's harder than the first one IMO, though Korvo having Daud's blink ability is just cheating - where you stop time whilst you're holding on to it. It makes it really easy to escape or sneak into rooms/past people you've alerted.

I like the new version of Dark Vision, and now abilities have 'tech-trees' in which you can expand the effectiveness of your abilities.

There are also a few extra abilities (all passive really) that you can spend your charms on, but you'll see once you start playing.

Ubik

Down to £30 on amazon at the moment.

Ubik

Just completed, thought the story was less interesting than the first one (was kinda the same really, just without a twist) and the final mission was a bit by the numbers all things considered, but gameplay and atmosphere were as good as ever otherwise. And the time-switch mission was fantastic, more of that in future I hope.

Finished it yet @cesc's_mullet ?

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just completed, thought the story was less interesting than the first one (was kinda the same really, just without a twist) and the final mission was a bit by the numbers all things considered, but gameplay and atmosphere were as good as ever otherwise. And the time-switch mission was fantastic, more of that in future I hope.

Finished it yet @cesc's_mullet ?
I thought the same exactly, I played the game as Emily first obviously to test her powers, it ended being a bloodbath, high chaos in every mission except the first one when you have no power :lol:
I'm about to start a second playthrough with Corvo and will try to resist the urge of killing everyone on sight.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I've just started this.

I'm 'trying' to knock guards out unconsciously / be good but it's almost impossible. Plus slashing heads off is infinitely more satisfying. It's a shame the game storyline appears to favour the former like in the first.

Ainu

I'm nearing the end of this game now and I can only say I'm massively disappointed. The story is laughably flimsy. Characters and dialogue are poor as well. At no point did I care about any of them. The gameplay is nice but pretty much identical to the first game and the environments just seem much less memorable. This is basically a cheap rehash of the first game, even the entire setup is the same (an entire empire turns against you and you're out to take vengeance and clear your name). I don't understand how this got such glowing reviews.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So yesterday I received "Dishonored Definitive Edition", it's the first one and all its DLC remastered for the PS4 :drool:, this is gonna be a long weekend

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Just had two weeks off due to recovering from hip surgery and gave this another play through.

God damn I love all of these games, the setting and the play style.

I really really hope they make more.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So yesterday I received "Dishonored Definitive Edition", it's the first one and all its DLC remastered for the PS4 :drool:, this is gonna be a long weekend
God damn someone bumped it before me. What's this remastered version? I need it.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I love Arkane games. Dark Messiah, Dishonored, Prey - all very much my jam. Dishonored 2 runs like dogshit on my PC in 4k though, I'm still an upgrade away from playing it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It is Dishonored 1 basically for PS4 plus all the DLCs. Worth it for the price.
Dishonored 1 is still the better of the 2 for me
I think I've got that already actually. I'll play that one through again.

And I agree. Blinking when you can freeze time makes it too easy, but at least Korvo can't do that in the first one.

Siorac

Just had two weeks off due to recovering from hip surgery and gave this another play through.

God damn I love all of these games, the setting and the play style.

I really really hope they make more.
Was on sale on Steam recently so I snapped it up at last. Brilliant. I'm at level 7, the time-shenanigans mansion, and it's a very clever idea.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Was on sale on Steam recently so I snapped it up at last. Brilliant. I'm at level 7, the time-shenanigans mansion, and it's a very clever idea.
That and the Clockwork Mansion were really creative levels.

Siorac

That and the Clockwork Mansion were really creative levels.
feck the Clockwork Mansion though. I'm going for the Ghost achievement and those bloody Clockwork Soldiers don't make it easy, to say the least.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
feck the Clockwork Mansion though. I'm going for the Ghost achievement and those bloody Clockwork Soldiers don't make it easy, to say the least.
Can you kill them and still complete the ghost achievement?

Siorac

Can you kill them and still complete the ghost achievement?
Yes: the easiest way is to shoot their head off with crossbow bolts. After that, they can't see so it's easier to finish them off. I usually did that with grenades.

Alternatively, if they have predictable patrol routes, you can just drop a couple of stun mines in their way.