Film Disney's Aladdin [Live-Action Remake] 2019

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Couldn't find a thread for it, well here is the latest teaser.

Here is your nightmare fuel

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
These ropy live action adaptations really highlight the superlative quality of the Disney animation principles.

InfiniteBoredom

A completely CGI Genie with Smith’s voice would be miles better.

There’s nothing physically imposing or fantastical about this over-the-top, larger than life character. Jafar also sounds like he was phoning it in.

Would probably still watch though, for Naomi Scott....

beedoubleyou

Weird that Jungle Book and Lion King look easier 'live action' films than this one with actual people in.

I'm convinced that the gene wasn't going to be blue until the backlash the first images got. This ain't much better...

Ady87

These live action reboots are actually terrible. Did I read somewhere it's something to do with retaining image rights etc? Or was that BS? Either way they need to pack these in.

InfiniteBoredom

These live action reboots are actually terrible. Did I read somewhere it's something to do with retaining image rights etc? Or was that BS? Either way they need to pack these in.
Their main studio/animation team has been shite for a long time. The last time they scored big was with Frozen but it was all Pixar. Princess and the Frog was decent but box office didn’t really justify keeping up with traditional animation. Rehashing old classics into live actions is a sure bet now, given the way Beauty and the Besst performed (although personally I think it was wank),

el3mel

This will end up destroying the image of Aladin in my eyes won't it ? I'll prefer to remember him via the cartoon instead.

Sylar

Im still gonna watch this, Lion King, Dumbo.

Although The Genie looks like Tobias trying to join the Blue Man Group

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A completely CGI Genie with Smith’s voice would be miles better.

There’s nothing physically imposing or fantastical about this over-the-top, larger than life character. Jafar also sounds like he was phoning it in.

Would probably still watch though, for Naomi Scott....
Looks like there's a lot of CGI going on with Will Smith there to me. Something not quite right anyway.

Runner

I don't see the big deal about Will Smith...

It's a lot better than Chelsea's attempt.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm fine with Will Smith as gene. He's a good cast and will make it his own whilst not needing to compare to Robin Williams. The casting for Aladdin and Jasmine look utter shite.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Bastards ruining my childhood. The amount of shoddy "remakes" is ridiculous, especially. If Disney even think of using their purchase of Fox to remake anything like "The Last of the Mohicans" - I'll be navigating to the nearest cliff.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bastards ruining my childhood. The amount of shoddy "remakes" is ridiculous, especially. If Disney even think of using their purchase of Fox to remake anything like "The Last of the Mohicans" - I'll be navigating to the nearest cliff.
I feel like with Disney most cult hit movies will be remade every 15 years or so until perpetuity. A hit movie is an annuity to these guys, just re-release for the new generation and rake in the cash.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm fine with Will Smith as gene. He's a good cast and will make it his own whilst not needing to compare to Robin Williams. The casting for Aladdin and Jasmine look utter shite.
Strange, I think Aladdin and Jasmine look right, Jasmine is tricky though because she's a feisty character and we've only seen her visual so far.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Their main studio/animation team has been shite for a long time. The last time they scored big was with Frozen but it was all Pixar. Princess and the Frog was decent but box office didn’t really justify keeping up with traditional animation. Rehashing old classics into live actions is a sure bet now, given the way Beauty and the Besst performed (although personally I think it was wank),

Did they not do Moana and Zootopia? Both were hits. In fact I think Zootopia was one of the highest grossing animations of all time.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I feel like with Disney most cult hit movies will be remade every 15 years or so until perpetuity. A hit movie is an annuity to these guys, just re-release for the new generation and rake in the cash.
Ya. No originality, making money off their own and those purchased catalogued history.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did they not do Moana and Zootopia? Both were hits. In fact I think Zootopia was one of the highest grossing animations of all time.
Personally I feel Wreck it Ralph is their greatest movie since Toy Story.

InfiniteBoredom

Neither were a phenomenon. They were good box office hits and did well with critics but didn’t have the global impact as Frozen (which to be frank is also a by-the-book film with a predictable twist).

Nostalgia can be dangerous though. I love the classics and watch them from time to time but most of them aged horribly, content-wise. The ones that doesn’t quite offend modern sensibilities are Lion King, Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Neither were a phenomenon. They were good box office hits and did well with critics but didn’t have the global impact as Frozen (which to be frank is also a by-the-book film with a predictable twist).

Nostalgia can be dangerous though. I love the classics and watch them from time to time but most of them aged horribly, content-wise. The ones that doesn’t quite offend modern sensibilities are Lion King, Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
I rewatched The Hunchback Of Notre Dame a few years ago and it was a lot darker than I remember it being as a kid.

Lion King and Mulan were both classics alright and I can't think of anything that would date them too badly. Think they're doing a live action remake of the latter too.

Minimalist

Looks so fecking naff.

Not that surprised though given it's fecking Guy Ritchie directing the shit-show.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Genie looks laughably bad but the bigger question is why the feck does Princess Jasmine have a waist?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah it looks like it'll be fine - I didn't think Will Smith would be blue throughout, so yeah, good to see he isn't.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It looks so much better than the teaser, but Jafar is downright terrible.

I'm gonna watch Godzilla King of the Monsters first in May, that movie looks :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Actually looks pretty decent, and fairly true to the animation.

Sylar

Looking forward to this. I do like liveaction remakes.

InfiniteBoredom

Just watched it. Smith did a surprisingly admirable job as Genie, the music is nice, and Jafar is thoroughly underwhelming as a villain.

I like what they did with Jasmine though, female empowerment and all that to trigger the incels but miles better than her animation counterpart (which was underaged and thoroughly objectified).