Do City leave you cold?

Born2Lose

From "Hey Jude" before the match to the stadium announcer doing a Spanish "gol, gol, goooooool" after they scored, there is something so utterly plastic and artificial about the club.

arnie_ni

Tactical fouls are part of the game since it began, literally everyone does it, they're just better at it. If one is able to see the amount of drill, technique, ability on and off the ball behind every single of their movements, I can't possibly understand how they think that Man City are boring. They've set the bar as high as it can possibly be at the moment and are on course to win the league without a proper striker.
I'd honestly rather watch Liverpool. Tonight's an anomaly but I normally turn City games off, they aren't entertaining for anyone other than city fans.

Skills

Snitch
People like different styles of football. It doesn't have to be jealousy or anything like that. Some people find Pep's style is often boring to watch, not tonight obviously.
Some people have just stumbled on the wrong hobby.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
From "Hey Jude" before the match to the stadium announcer doing a Spanish "gol, gol, goooooool" after they scored, there is something so utterly plastic and artificial about the club.
Yeah what the feck was that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People like different styles of football. It doesn't have to be jealousy or anything like that. Some people find Pep's style is often boring to watch, not tonight obviously.
The only reason some of their games are boring is because the opposition refuses to engage.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
I'd honestly rather watch Liverpool. Tonight's an anomaly but I normally turn City games off, they aren't entertaining for anyone other than city fans.
Haha!! A United fan complaining about City's football is hilarious.

marktan

The only reason some of their games are boring is because the opposition refuses to engage.
Half the time when the opponent does get the ball though they just hack them down to stop the counter. It's boring when the matches are so one sided. I much prefer watching two teams placed 10th and 11th face each other than City beating every other team with their billion pound squad.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Half the time when the opponent does get the ball though they just hack them down to stop the counter. It's boring when the matches are so one sided. I much prefer watching two teams placed 10th and 11th face each other than City beating every other team with their billion pound squad.
Funny how this doesn't happen in the CL and against a few teams in the league though. The only reason City games become boring is because a lot of their opponents in the league simply refuse to try and play football against them for the fear of conceeding a lot of goals.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
It's not when the opponent decides to play instead of parking the double decker.

Fridge chutney

City are an incredibly boring club, even if they play nice football sometimes. I genuinely don't care when they win stuff, which is in contrast to how i feel with the Scousers.

NoPace

Yeah, they aren't Liverpool. It's sort of the same problem Serie A has now where the football has improved but it's still missing something (at least on TV), like the empty covid games.

De Bruyne is great to watch, though.

EtH

Foden has as punchable a face as I can recall. His haircut is also disturbing.

Chicharo

They make me sick, and the fact that we are so inferior to them makes me even sicker...
They are miles ahead of us, as someone mentioned earlier tonight - their players don;t have strict positions, it seems like they are always everywhere

ColvaleGoa

I mean I would rather us play the leaving me cold football City does than anything that has been served for last 8 years bar Oles first year.

dal

City are incredibly brilliant. I for one do not care about if they are buying players through outside wealth, it makes football ok the whole more interesting.

From a neutrals perspective it’s good as it’s not just the traditional big clubs who have all the power.

Additionally they seem to have more hunger than most teams in football and they play brilliant football, who cares what money they’ve spent I’m sure it’s only rivals who feel “cold”, I wish we played with the same desire and flair.

Bloodshot

They leave me cold as a club. It doesn’t really matter if their football is good or bad or exciting or robotic. My absolute apathy towards them is mirrored only by my complete lack of respect for what Chelsea ‘achieved’ during the time Abramovich was washing his money through the club. It’s the worst kind of sports washing; nothing they win is earned, it’s paid for by nation-owning oligarchs who do it in a vein attempt to make their oppression a little less prevalent, and they do it by dodgy dealings, dodgy-sponsorships, dodgy nameless, faceless corporations giving people consultancy roles in order to filter money off the books, etc. Everything about them is the antithesis of the working class game that I grew up watching. So yeah, they leave me cold.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I know Pep speaks of this rivalry with Liverpool as his greatest, footballing-wise it could well be the case, but aren't rivalries supposed to have...you know, emotions/tension?

Pep/Klopp only say nice things to each other, and it doesn't appear the players really care(as in dislike etc) for the opponent to any great extent.

Of course, most rivalries aren't as crazy as they used to be in the past though.
Any hint of aggression or dislike these days gets blown up by social media in a way that Wenger/Ferguson weren't subject to. They keep it on the down low so as not to incite pointless FA sanctions and endless debates about what's "professional".

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The club is very much plastic in so many ways (not that we aren’t those days), but the football they play is scarily close to my own understanding of football perfection. And De Bruyne is just incredible, one of the smartest players of all-time.

I find it hard to understand those who prefer Liverpool’s way of playing.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
salty old men :lol:

they are astonishing and we are the new liverpool of the90s going nowhere anytime soon. We might be worse as they at least had some pride and weren’t experiencing losing 0-9 over two fixtures to your biggest rivals.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Says everything that most would prefer them to win the league and CL over Liverpool. It's basically like nobody won it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We must have won a game against one of the best clubs in history, when all the people who don't care about us are making their 52nd post of the last 24 hours about how they don't care about us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Says everything that most would prefer them to win the league and CL over Liverpool. It's basically like nobody won it.
For most people this is because we literally do not know and have never met a City fan in real life, and the media doesn't really care about them so we don't get battered over the head with City coverage when they win, contrast that when Liverpool win, their fans are everywhere and we have to that shit rammed down our throats everywhere we look.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
For most people this is because we literally do not know and have never met a City fan in real life, and the media doesn't really care about them so we don't get battered over the head with City coverage when they win, contrast that when Liverpool win, their fans are everywhere and we have to that shit rammed down our throats everywhere we look.
Liverpool have also earned it. As much as I hate them, they do things the right way.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Repeat that long enough and one day you might wake up with City having more CLs and being close to United's PL tally. Young fans growing up don't care one bit who their owners are, they care about being entertained, watching great players, bragging rights about "their club" on the playground, ...

Of course I am incredibly biased but Liverpool being on 6 or 7 CLs, in the grand scheme of things, matters a whole lot less than City winning their first European cup imo. The league, I could totally understand that Utd fans rather see City winning it than us equalling you guys.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool have also earned it. As much as I hate them, they do things the right way.
Fair point, I just think City have a distinct lack of 'presence' in our lives, unless you live in Manchester. So they're there, winning every season but for most of us it's inconsequential because we don't have annoying friends neighbours and coworkers who are City fans.