Do City leave you cold?

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
You are being cocky tbh, we keep saying nobody cares about City's success, but that is because Liverpool is strong, if they were not the one chasing title, we would have been worried about City. Success brings fans. And City is having abundance of that, it is slow and gradual but eventually they will gain a strong hold world wide. And that is what matters in today's football with globalisation.
Watching their game vs Villa when the crowd went on the field, I saw a lot of young fans. Teenagers and tweens. These guys will grow up to know City as a winning club and stick to it. Their victories might not mean much now but they are building a movement and a fanbase. Its not unusual to see many new fans identifying with city now and the longer they enjoy success the more they will be.

It will be a struggle convincing a 15yr old boy who didn't grow up in the UK to support Man Utd or Arsenal over City and Liverpool now

matt10000

No soul, no romance, no adversity, no sense of achievement, trophies won by default and therefore devalued. Who cares.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
City not related to football or sport. Shallow PR front operation for nation state with abysmal human rights record. Cheated their way everywhere. Money - doped frauds. Plastics - poison in the veins of the league. Newcastle up next. Watch this space. We can hate ‘Pool but they actually won the league, just like we did with Jose, only the country that pretend to be Man City bought the trophy.

Hughie77

Nobody cares anymore. They won the league yep they should with the players the Arab bought for them, he leaves tomorrow and take his money with him how sustainable is that club on the same level there on Now?
They will for a few seasons continue in prem , then they will go back to the yo yo club they were before they washed there money through a football club. But until the Government does something on it goes. These Arabs benefit the country as well as City otherwise how do you get away with being crooked.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Thought of this thread as the game went on. Such a hollow success. Simply shouldn't be allowed.

Guy Incognito

It was inevitable they would reel Arsenal in.

When they win the title Pep will have a go at the PL for 'fining' them. And the press will lap it up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Feckers signed a coach that guarantees their dominance.
I’m pissed off not cold. The league is ruined.

Robin Your Persie

Same time of the season every season where they just seem to ‘turn it on’

Going for the treble with all the games they’ve played yet the same players never look fatigued and hardly any injuries.

Peps voodoo magic again.

OleGunnar20

Will they get punished for the financial funny business eventually? All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

HookedOnAPhelan

I've pretty much given up on winning the league in the next few years. Until their cheating is reeled in or they mess up they're just going to continue winning it every year.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feckers signed a coach that guarantees their dominance.
I’m pissed off not cold. The league is ruined.
He'll feck off before long hopefully.

The hard part is that this level of dominance is what United had under Sir Alex. 5 in 7 since Pep joined, was the same as Sir Alex's last 7 years, United won 8 of the first 11 too. 3 in a row twice, won the CL during those 3 in a row titles both times.

Once he leaves, they'll drop off. But for all the glory of the prem... Between 92/93 and 02/03 United was the dominant side, between 06/07 and 12/13 United was the dominant side, and then between 17/18 and now, City has been the dominant side. You have a 3 season span and a 4 season span where it wasn't just 1 club dominating it almost entirely.

Red Star One

I repeat myself - they’re ultimate villains, nobody cares for their unfairly achieved success, not even their fans, will taste even sweeter when we are the first one to knock them down. Get fecked Arsenal, this ain’t a challenge for boys

Red Star One

Will they get punished for the financial funny business eventually? All seems to have gone quiet on that front.
Obviously they will. Stuff happens behind closed doors and many thought their “business” from pre-Pep era will be forgotten, but it’s only catching up on them now. Fast forward few years, they will be thoroughly questioned about stuff happening in Pep times. Just give it some time and don’t get too worried they seem unbeatable, I’m pretty positive it’s not going to last much longer and what’s of utmost importance is that United is ready to challenge for the league the moment they start falling apart. Can be as early as next season, mind.

OleGunnar20

Obviously they will. Stuff happens behind closed doors and many thought their “business” from pre-Pep era will be forgotten, but it’s only catching up on them now. Fast forward few years, they will be thoroughly questioned about stuff happening in Pep times. Just give it some time and don’t get too worried they seem unbeatable, I’m pretty positive it’s not going to last much longer and what’s of utmost importance is that United is ready to challenge for the league the moment they start falling apart. Can be as early as next season, mind.
I hope and would like to believe you're right. They are such a drag on the league as a whole for me. Such hollow dominance, its very boring.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Within 10 years they’ll have as many PL’s and more CL’s.
Can you give me the title winners for all comps for the next 10 years and the lottery numbers in each country too while you're at it?

Ludens the Red

Think this is wishful tbh. Feel we’re entering a phase where they’re gonna spam domestic trophies PSG style: Pep isn’t going anywhere as he has everything he wants. Other teams are just too far behind and have been for a few years now. Liverpool got close but don’t have the money to replace their ageing players. Think the ‘cheating’ stuff will quietly go away over time too.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Are you sure about that?
They’ve been the best team in Europe for a while now. Once they get one CL they’ll piss 3. Hell, Chelsea could have had 3 since we did. 7 more titles in 10 years after this is what they need to overtake our PL haul - I’d be surprised if it wasn’t more.

wangyu

Of course they leave me cold

But I love record breaking players, I like Haaland

Wing Attack Plan R

Seeing DeBruyne celebrate after the Arsenal game a few minutes ago, tapping the City badge on his shirt… it did leave me feeling the cheats are still getting away with it. Even when they are playing some lovely stuff, you can’t escape the conclusion that their entire success is down to cheating.

Real Name

They’ve been the best team in Europe for a while now. Once they get one CL they’ll piss 3. Hell, Chelsea could have had 3 since we did. 7 more titles in 10 years after this is what they need to overtake our PL haul - I’d be surprised if it wasn’t more.
If they win this year it will be 9 so if they win 7 more in 10 years they'll be on 16. So I'm not sure about your count.
And you really think if they win the 1st CL they'll win few more?
Maybe they will but football works in cycles and you can never be sure.

Also being the best team in Europe you must prove it by winning CL.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If they win this year it will be 9 so if they win 7 more in 10 years they'll be on 16. So I'm not sure about your count.
And you really think if they win the 1st CL they'll win few more?
Maybe they will but football works in cycles and you can never be sure.
I was referring to PL’s. Hope you’re right on the last point but the cycles don’t happen when they’re taking the piss financially.