Do City leave you cold?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Wish they didn't have Haaland. He seems very likeable, which is annoying. He's probably bigger than the club at this stage, too.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Within 10 years they’ll have as many PL’s and more CL’s.
Calm down. If they win the league this year they will have as many league titles as Everton and still 11 less than us.
Unfortunately the way football is going there will be more and more takeovers. Newcastle will be stronger. Chelsea will not remain crap. We will get better and/or get taken over. City will not always have the financial advantage once more and more teams are sponsored by oil money.
In CL RM will almost always be a contender.

So many drama queens around.

cpresc

Can certainly feel the bitter cold in here

I can't help but admire what they're doing - that team, the players, the tactics, the spirit.. everything, they've absolutely nailed it.

Fair play.

This is the bar.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

I can't help but admire what they're doing - that team, the players, the tactics, the spirit.. everything, they've absolutely nailed it.

Fair play.

This is the bar.
:lol:
All this new City fans registering and pretending to be neutrals.

Appletonred

The true Manchester City was the one that resided at Maine Road, unfortunately that club sold its soul and whatever success it achieves now has very little in the way of genuine sporting merit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Fair play.

This is the bar.
It’s like watching someone playing FM and editing everything to max it out and being impressed by it.

Fts 74

Fair play.

This is the bar.
WUM surely?

No one is arguing their a great side with a great set up it's how they got there that's dodgy.

cpresc

All this new City fans registering and pretending to be neutrals.
I'm just happy Ten Hag will accept this is the bar and work his @ss off to beat it. Just how a winner should react.

Meanwhile, you keep yourself comfy in that little denial zone

Redfrog

Fair play.

This is the bar.
Best accountant team in the world. No one can cheat as well as them. They are even better then this family in the Ozarks.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
City are amazing. Best coach in the world. I think he'll be their Ferguson and win 10+ Premier League titles.

Fts 74

Hate everything about them blatant cheats done in plain sight and yet they and their dodgy manager are lauded by all the press and pundits.

Gotta hand it to them tbh, let's just hope they are finally exposed for what they are but I won't hold my breath.

r1z3mu

To be honest they are simply irrelevant to me. I'm really upset when Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or any other real football club wins.

Semigoodlookin

Excellent manager, truly amazing players, and good football. Industry-leading facilities, plenty of community work, and a decent stadium. How come a club that has all that is the most boring, uninteresting, and soulless? Perhaps City's biggest achievement has been to do everything to the highest of standards and still be shite.

Tillidie

Supports
City
Excellent manager, truly amazing players, and good football. Industry-leading facilities, plenty of community work, and a decent stadium. How come a club that has all that is the most boring, uninteresting, and soulless? Perhaps City's biggest achievement has been to do everything to the highest of standards and still be shite.
Envy is so painful

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
Fair play? City represents the antithesis of fair play. They got to where they are by cheating, lying, financial doping.
Of course I understand why you want to believe that. It must be painful to see your own club under-performing for 10 years whilst the club down the road spends less than you and wins trophy after trophy after trophy.

But what actual evidence do you have for your allegation? I don't mean rumours you heard in the pub from other bitter mates. Actual evidence?

I'll put aside the fact that the rules you allege we have broken, are bent in the first place. Rules that ignore clubs like yours bring saddled with enormous debts, whilst trying to limit or punish clubs like City simply trying to invest and spend like yours has done for decades. United win title after title whilst spending more than anyone else and buying up the best players season after season. Now another club is in a dominant position and you cannot stomach it.

I'll file your post under bitter and deluded.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The leave me cold. They are cheats. Their manager is a cheat . Their “Poznan” is embarrassing . Feck them.

sparx99

Fair play.

This is the bar.
Perhaps but Guardiola’s teams have never excited me. Jeopardy is an important part of entertainment and they’ve often nullified the opposition to the point that it no longer feels like a contest. At that point why bother watching? The drama is lacking.

Look at Bayern this season; it’s the first interesting Bundesliga title race in years and it’s made me actually watch some games.

Irwin99

People saying they aren't bothered by City just feels like their way of ignoring what's really happening. The reality is we have to accept that they're achieving this stuff, that history wont remember their financial doping and we have to find a way to compete.

I'd personally rather we did it without just having unlimited funds and dirty money. You only have to look at what Klopp has done with Liverpool or further back what United did against Chelsea to see that you can achieve great things with good planning and it is actually special and meaningful when it happens. 06-07 for example was probably my second favourite United season ever after the Treble because we beat that Chelsea side.

j65454

Think they're a great team to be fair. PSG leaves me cold.

To be fair to City they largely bought from overseas rather than steal players from their English opponents like United did in the 90s making the whole coopetition a joke. That was until Chelsea came along and United lost out One on One to them, a team who could actually match their spending power/buying all the good players/buying the title! Funny how United's dominance ended when they could no longer dominate the money market and steal everyone else's best players.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
They have the money, and then brought the right manager and players. Chelsea and (probably) PSG can't do the later part.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
People saying they aren't bothered by City just feels like their way of ignoring what's really happening. The reality is we have to accept that they're achieving this stuff, that history wont remember their financial doping and we have to find a way to compete.

I'd personally rather we did it without just having unlimited funds and dirty money. You only have to look at what Klopp has done with Liverpool or further back what United did against Chelsea to see that you can achieve great things with good planning and it is actually special and meaningful when it happens. 06-07 for example was probably my second favourite United season ever after the Treble because we beat that Chelsea side.
People keep saying that as if it's a fact, but it's simply not true. This City will always be associated with financial doping, whatever their successes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well they’re cheating scum and can field three good 11s. It’s become a farce at this stage.

amolbhatia50k

Fair play.

This is the bar.

NICanRed

Fair play.

This is the bar.
Does anyone remember how much they paid for their stadium?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
People keep saying that as if it's a fact, but it's simply not true. This City will always be associated with financial doping, whatever their successes.
Yes they are cheats. But where is the conviction/punishment? Unless they are tarred and feathered and all their trophies taken away, history will not remember their cheating as there will be no asterisks against their title wins. That's how reality works, unlike the courts of social media.

amolbhatia50k

Yes they are cheats. But where is the conviction/punishment? Unless they are tarred and feathered and all their trophies taken away, history will not remember their cheating as there will be no asterisks against their title wins. That's how reality works, unlike the courts of social media.
Well there are charges so it’s not like it’s just social media / gossip mill talk. The FA has investigated them for years and found them guilty of serious breach of rules. Now it’s a question of whether the authorities beyond will have the stomach to punish them or not. I hope the rest of the PL too pushes this agenda as it would be shit to watch the cheats get away.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
It's fascinating to hear people here describing City as cheats, as if somehow ripping off your own fans for decades and saddling your club with a mountain of debt is fine wholesome activity, whereas an owner wishing to invest his own money in the club, the infrastrure and the regeneration of a run down part of Manchester is terrible behaviour. Only on Red Cafe.

Alonzo

Fair play.

This is the bar.
115 individual charges of cheating, failing to assist investigations, and being a propaganda tool for a nation trying to obscure its human rights record, is not the bar.

No one wants to see them win a treble, but it’s like Lance Armstrong’s titles. They mean nothing and the clubs reputation, already a joke, will only deteriorate over time.