Do we have the budget to sign Messi?

Bwuk

I’d love him here for a year if we could afford it.

Robertd0803

Can we afford him? Of course we could.
Should we sign him? Probably not.

It would be cool though lets be honest.

Red Royal

I just feel if we sign him he turns into another Alexis Sanchez; if we dont he will go on at amazing for a few years yet.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s tempting but it flies in the face of everything we’ve worked on for 3 years

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's been pulling the pants down of the club who made hime, and refused to take a pay cut to stay with them - if he can do that to them then he'd want more to play in Manchester.

It'll be PSG, though I would find it hilarious if Madrid suddenly pulled out all the stops...

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Didnt United say over the years that they didnt operate with a budget, and if special players were to turn up in the market they would find room for them?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We'll be selling to bring our net spend down by the end of the summer. I go with no.

Woodzy

I just feel if we sign him he turns into another Alexis Sanchez; if we dont he will go on at amazing for a few years yet.
Alexis Sanchez was declining before he even joined us, mostly because he couldn’t be arsed anymore.

Messi is still the best player in the world.

Zlatanator

I can't imagine Messi playing in Parc des princes. A player like him shall be adored on every matchday in the most electrifying atmosphere. He should end his career in Old Trafford, that's it, there's no other option. Footballing gods should align, Sir Alex shall make a call to Messi, Pogba should simply sign the contract and demand Messi, whole Utd squad shall speak to Ole. I mean seriously, can you guys see Messi playing at the Bridge? Etihad? How can the GOAT play in smaller leagues? How can you see him in clubs that became big overnight? He should don the shirt of a club which has some history to its name.

SirAnderson

Can he come here and score more than Ronaldo's 84 goals here?

I'd say he can.

Might tempt him.. would seriously p1ss off Ronnie!
Yeah been thinking of this. Is it even a factor for the club, signing Ronaldo's eternal rival? I think the relationship has dwindled enough over the years that it isn't factor, but still very much is for the fans.

In any evident, as much as I would love it simply because we would be able to say we had the 2 greatest footballers of this generation at least, at our club, would be cool.
Football wise and whether it will be beneficial, yeah don't know about that.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
----------------------cavani-----------------------
---sancho------bruno------messi---------
--------------fred---------neves----------------
---shaw---maguire----varane----awb---
-----------------------hds---------------------------

SirAnderson

----------------------cavani-----------------------
---sancho------bruno------messi---------
--------------fred---------neves----------------
---shaw---maguire----varane----adb---
-----------------------hds---------------------------
Fecking hell my eyes. I know this must have looked all prim and proper on your screen, but I assure you, it's fecking painful to look at. :lol:
Not the team though, that's just pure sex. But yeah, no don't do that.

Red_Aaron

On one hand we've done a lot of good work to get bad wages off the books under Ole and harmonise the squad, this could be at risk with a signing like this.

On the other we're talking about the greatest player to have ever played the game. We'd immediately be in contention to win the biggest prizes

Football is about moments and memories. Despite being in the tail end of his career this guy still creates magic like no one else.

I would absolutely love to see him in our shirt, it would be extraordinary

He's off to psg though, we all no it

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I can't imagine Messi playing in Parc des princes. A player like him shall be adored on every matchday in the most electrifying atmosphere. He should end his career in Old Trafford, that's it, there's no other option. Footballing gods should align, Sir Alex shall make a call to Messi, Pogba should simply sign the contract and demand Messi, whole Utd squad shall speak to Ole. I mean seriously, can you guys see Messi playing at the Bridge? Etihad? How can the GOAT play in smaller leagues? How can you see him in clubs that became big overnight? He should don the shirt of a club which has some history to its name.
I've admittedly only been to Parc des Princes once, but the atmosphere was amazing. I was pleasantly surprised.

Green_Red

Forget about whether we can afford it. Do you think its even a conversation that is being had at United? Which clubs would be considering it? He would be worth every penny of £100 million.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thats why we'll be buying neves aswell :cool:
Not happening. This is another summer like Mourinho's last one. Two quick transfers (for Utd, at least) and then absolute speculation and press manipulation until the end of the window to end up with nothing and not even selling anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the year we last extended Mata.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not signing elderly players based on prior reputation and upsetting the dressing room with huge wages
I doubt anyone will get upset about Messi getting paid more (or even a lot more) in the dressing room, when De Gea is on £375,000/week

he will win his 7th Ballon d Or at the end of the year.

Zlatanator

I've admittedly only been to Parc des Princes once, but the atmosphere was amazing. I was pleasantly surprised.
I've only been to few Ligue 2 games and one Ligue1 game. From my observation, In France, there will be supporters stand with a few guys to orchestrate the chants and the rest of the crowd follow them, from a guy who grew up watching PL on TV, this is a major turn-off for me. Don't forget that OT has 30K more seating than Parc des Prices. I just want Messi to play for a club that has a large fan base and history. Not the clubs which pumped in money, broke FFP rules, and got banned for few windows. Hate to say this but only Anfield comes next to OT.

Reactions: Sultan

sp_107

If we ship ddg and pogbas wages I'm sure we could offer 500k, issue is fin we do that it will feck up our pay scale.
Pogba+DDG=35M a year wages but Messi is on 120M per year at Barca, can we match even 100M per year?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
i want him no where near this club, not cause he's won't be brilliant but because he represents everything we are trying to move away from by giving over aged players obscene contracts, we should focus on a DM.

Rhetorik

Do the Glazers view this as United's Tom Brady? Let it happen!

Skills

Snitch
To be the only club to have had both Messi & Ronaldo play for it would be quite special.

MattofManchester

If he accepts the same wages that Pogba is on in place of Pogba, sure.

Can play upfront and will bring a tremendous amount out of players like Rashford and Greenwood around him.

He's held Barca together. Imagine what he'd do here.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
i want him no where near this club, not cause he's won't be brilliant but because he represents everything we are trying to move away from by giving over aged players obscene contracts, we should focus on a DM.
I'm willing to make a exception fom a player who has problems finding space for all his Ballon D'or awards