Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Glory hunters supporting a team which has spent the last ten years miring in mediocrity? And a good part of the last 1 year as a punching bag? :lol:

I have to say, your seemingly obsessive need to prove yourself as the topest top red never fails to amuse me.
Hilarious.

I'm simply stating the weird juxtaposition between wanting a team to win and "supporting" them through thick and thin when most can't even be arsed to watch a match when we're losing 3-0 to the best team in the league and arguably the world right now.

So if we have spent the last 10 years in mediocrity, you should be used to losing by now? Correct? So 3-0 down to a team that is steam rolling almost everyone right now, shouldn't come as much of a surprise should it?

Shouldn't we support the team right until the last minute? Surely as a fan that is almost a pre-requisite? Supporting them from minute 0 to minute 90. Not just when it suits you or if the team is winning, we'll stay to 90? I have never understood leaving a match early, regardless if you are winning or losing. Got nothing about being a Top Red it's called being a fan.

So if you or anyone else who switches off the minute we are losing 3-0 supported a lower league team or even a team like Forest you'd never make it a full 90 minutes?

Glory Hunters if I should really need to explain it, is defined as a fan who wants to support a team that is always winning. By effect, leaving when the team is losing, you're being a glory hunter type fan because you turned it off when they were losing.

Top Red :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If supporting my team to the bitter end, even if it means suffering through a shocking performance and losing 6-3 makes me a "Top Red" than so be it. I'd rather support my team until the end and show a sense of togetherness to the players on the pitch. How do you think it makes the players feel when their own fans leave half way through? It would ruin my confidence, I know that for sure. Which would then make us play even worse and we'd be in even more of a rut than we already are.

spiriticon

I have never left a matchday early. Yes, you should cheer the team on to the end if you're there and besides, leaving early would be a terrible waste of money already paid..

Watching TV on the other hand, meh. The team ain't going to know you've changed channels.

Jamesh

I agree, never left a match early but sometimes if watching on TV will maybe read the paper or magazine. Would never leave at half-time though.

Tyrion

I have never left a matchday early. Yes, you should cheer the team on to the end if you're there and besides, leaving early would be a terrible waste of money already paid..

Watching TV on the other hand, meh. The team ain't going to know you've changed channels.
I'd agree with that. I don't see why I'm obliged to watch us get destroyed.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
As a kid, I left a match early once - we were 4-0 down at Palace, almost 50 years ago now. As my dad and I got the bottom of the stairs, they scored again so haven't ever regretted it!

alexanderplatz

Depends on the context. Shipped 6 vs Spurs, 5 vs Scousers last year and now another 6 vs City. If you were at all 3 and you want to avoid getting the pee taken out of you I can totally understand just leaving. Tickets aren’t cheap and the trains are absolutely horrific. People put a lot of effort in going to these matches so I wouldn’t diminish their efforts just cause they leave early when we’re getting smashed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
No matter how bad we’re doing I still continue to watch until the games finished. We used to be known as the comebacks so I wouldn’t rule us out at coming back from 3 down.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’m surprised so many of you walk out or turn off when we’re losing.

It’s almost as if…….glory hunters?
We're not good enough to have glory hunters, we haven't had any glory for nearly 10 years.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was the opposite on the weekend - I actually turned on the game when we were 3-0 down.

So in my mind we drew 3-3 with two very late goals and I really don't get what the fuss is about.

Abraxas

I keep it on just to get a rough idea of how the players react, because long term those are the shoots of recovery from our slumber that may show something important.

But I'd be lying if I said my concentration didn't wane. I'll usually start doing something else.

SirAF

Ageist
Yes, I’ve paid for the shower of shite so might as well finish it! Don’t watch the studio nonsense after though.

Big Ray

Yes, but I ain’t watching souness after. Feckin pr1ck

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If the players can't bother with playing I can't be bothered with watching.

United Hobbit

I've just left the room (unfortunately it's still on as my OH supports Liverpool)

It's the manner of the thrashing and who it's against that's done it for me, coupled with the commentators acting as if Liverpool players are the 2nd coming

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm not watching any more of this. It's just gonna make me miserable so why bother.

lsd

The Oracle
Switched off at 3-0

Switched off when they scored the second. I've seen enough United games to know when we are not going to do anything but get stuffed.

Its been coming we just don't have the squad to play the amount of games we have been doing.

Add to many average players that continue to start this is what happens.

Best thing we can do more is concentrate on staying in the top four and have another cup run.

We were never winning the league with this squad