Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

Todd

I do keep watching, but once we're at 0-3 I become quite the cynic and typically begin rooting for our opponent to pile on more.

I'd say 'see you guys on Wednesday' but I don't have a way to watch CL matches right now, so we'll circle back in this thread on the 29th of October, I'm sure.
Sorry lads, forgot to check in after the City match as I'd intended, but I'm here today, so that's gotta count for something, right?

Can we schedule a tentative follow-up for Saturday, December 2nd? If that date doesn't work, Tuesday the 12th of December should work for me as well.

McTerminator

Watching the worst of times makes the best times even sweeter.
we had the best of times. Only the worst of times left in most of our lifetimes probably. Certainly for those of a similar age to or older than the leeches.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I didn’t watch the second half, knew that we had no chance and it wasn’t good for my mental health to suffer this on a Wednesday evening

eire-red

The way it's going, we won't be watching any more games if we didn't.

klayton88

First time I've given up on us at half time in 20 years of watching us. I'm tired Robbie.

Name Changed

weso26
I did. I was annoyed at myself for not lumping a load of money on Newcastle to win at they were 3/1. That was ridiculous. I never thought for a second that that would be anything else but a mauling.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I always watch.

Football is a distraction from real life, not something that should be depressing or stressing you.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Stayed until the bitter end. What made it worse is that I had to walk through swathes of celebrating Geordies

peridigm

I turned it off around the 40” mark today. Think I’ll take a break this weekend as well.

F-Red

Watched till the bitter end this evening, plenty around me starting leaving the ground at 70 mins. Didn’t help that some Newcastle fan had a box behind us tonight and nearly started WW3 after the first goal.

Interestingly tonight, Mount was the only player to thank the fans for support. Most of the players sprinted down the tunnel after the full time whistle.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was the last time we came back to get a result from being 3-0 down that Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge in 2012? Or was there one under Ole I'm forgetting?

Marcus

My record is still intact. Newcastle doesn't count because I didn't even bother waking up at 4am to watch the game.

CloneMC16

Barely watched the 2nd half. I turned the City game off when we went 0-3. It's getting to the point where I don't want to watch the games at all.

Robocrap

Turned off after 1-0 and put on a movie instead. Not wasting my time anymore on this shitshow until the leeches in the top are gone.

Mart1974

If you don't watch your team's matches, are you really a fan?

Fully Fledged

I watched until the end. I always do.
To those saying if the players don't care why should I. It's my club. Was before I could walk or talk and will be once I'm gone.
The players only work for the club. They don't have the same attachments we do.

Superunknown

I kept watching, but it's really, really painful to watch us play. There's no enjoyment in it for me, but I'm still doing my bit to support the team and the club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely the definition of a football fan is someone who watches their team play at every opportunity.
I find that archaic really. Sitting in front of the TV making yourself depressed seems a strange way to live. You can still support the team and tune out at the same time to help yourself mentally.

Mart1974

I find that archaic really. Sitting in front of the TV making yourself depressed seems a strange way to live. You can still support the team and tune out at the same time to help yourself mentally.
Yeah, I'm a Man Utd fan. I don't go to matches or watch them though. But I know all the players....

Tyrion

I didn't watch either game. I'm used to the biannual crashes from this lot and I'll be back in a few months when they half-try to impress a new manager.

Cantonalegod

Can't believe some of the comments on here from "Fans".

As said before, I always watch every game to the death.

Fulham on Sunday, couldn't get the damn FireStick to work (my fault, left the remote at home, and in Spain at the mo, app remote kept failing) so ran down the local bar and only missed the first 2 minutes.

I just HAVE to watch, I'm addicted :nono:

Daengophile

It's not the scoreline that makes me want to switch off - it's the lack of desire. The lack of heart

Rockets Redglare

I usually turn it off in anger saying I’m never watching them again, then turn it back on again 30 seconds later.
This usually happens multiple times a game at the minute.

Catch

if you tap out when its not looking good then you miss the likes of the comebacks...99 CL final, spurs 5.3, brentford 2.1 etc... the only time i have almost tapped out was the 5.0 against newcastle in 98 (i think) but still watched in the pub but was tempted to bail then.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I always watch, I'm a masochist.
I feel like if I'm always there for the lows, karma will do its thing and I'll be there for the highs.

Fts 74

Yeah I usually stick it out, last seasons nightmare at Anfield 2 of my brothers walked out at 3-0 my other brother and I watched to the bitter end, after that 0-3 feels like a walk in the park as nothing can ever feel that bad again right!

Nebel

Still watching, still crying. At least I've rediscovered my love for afternoon drinking, thanks chaps!

DeGea

I hate this club, lost love for them now. Shite week after week, year after year. Owners are t***s, and players dont give enough. I am done.