Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

Wheato

I actually burst out laughing when our 350k per week goalkeeper, demonstrated his inability to kick a football with his foot.

There are teenage goalkeepers, playing in the Northern Counties league, that can come off their line and kick or catch a football, with more assurance and ability than our current number 1.

redIndianDevil

Stopped at 3-0. I wanted to turn it off much sooner but it was clear from the way we were playing there is no coming back. I watched the Arsenal game yesterday till the end because it was clear even after it went 1-3 they were dominating Southampton, but when there is no such clue when we are down by two goals and play like such clowns there is no coming back. I’ve got better things to do at my age.

Petr1

Usually switch over to a serie or youtube while following the rest on my phone.

grahamo

I always watch to the end no matter what but I did laugh when De Gea and Maguire made their mistakes. I know now why De Gea doesn't ever come off his line :)

zaafi

I actually burst out laughing when our 350k per week goalkeeper, demonstrated his inability to kick a football with his foot.

There are teenage goalkeepers, playing in the Northern Counties league, that can come off their line and kick or catch a football, with more assurance and ability than our current number 1.
Same here. Up until that moment, I was actually quite pissed, but when I saw De Gea attempting, and failing, to kick a ball as a professional goalkeeper, I couldn't help but laugh. The laugh was like a mixture of defeat, acceptance and genuine fun.

Tyrion

I watched but only because I was hoping Evan Ferguson would score for my fantasy team. :lol:

Todd

I do keep watching, but once we're at 0-3 I become quite the cynic and typically begin rooting for our opponent to pile on more.

I'd say 'see you guys on Wednesday' but I don't have a way to watch CL matches right now, so we'll circle back in this thread on the 29th of October, I'm sure.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I don't know the stats. But I'd say we've been 3 down in about 10 of our matches in the last couple of years. It's feckin unacceptable

R'hllor

Yea, was a good laugh, people act like that was a peak of shit mountain.

littlepeasoup

I used to keep watching thinking that at some point we’d come good again and it’d make those moments sweeter having come through utter utter shite.

Now it’s like… I think my time is better spent with my friends and my family. Sad times. :wenger:

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I turned it off at 2 because, it looked like it was going to be a lot more and I just didn't want to watch that. I turned it back on 20 minutes later, saw that it was still only 2 and was quite surprised. Then they scored a 3rd.

At this point, if you told me the only reason we suck is because Im watching, Id believe you.

GazTheLegend

I turned it off at 2 because, it looked like it was going to be a lot more and I just didn't want to watch that. I turned it back on 20 minutes later, saw that it was still only 2 and was quite surprised. Then they scored a 3rd.

At this point, if you told me the only reason we suck is because Im watching, Id believe you.
You're not the reason mate don't worry. We really are a shell of a football club. We didn't learn from the errors made by AC Milan at their fall from grace and we've not even learned from our OWN mistakes.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
I always turn off at 2 nil now. We rarely turn round any game at 2 nil and against the top 8 sides it normally gets worse.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Stayed to the end. As always. You have to support though thick and thin

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t. I like seeing the ‘reaction’ to defeats and seeing what the manager has to say about it.

Born2Lose

Turned off when I saw Rashford as a CF. Game over.

Have never minded seeing us lose, but won't waste my time watching us when we are set up to lose.

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Nope once the City fans started doing the ole for every pass it was enough for me. I hate watching City and dont like the possession based football but its seriously effective and impressive how good they are at it. Wonder if Pep fancies a new challenge and wants to save us from obscurity as we fast heading down the Liverpool road.

Mihai

I think I watched 2 matches this season. I am done ruining my weekends on a bunch of overpaid clowns who don't give a damn about this club.

Gordon Godot

I think I watched 2 matches this season. I am done ruining my weekends on a bunch of overpaid clowns who don't give a damn about this club.
Yep, generally avoid games now. Cancelling membership at end of season unless Glazers gone for good. No more money from me until they are

Dr. StrangeHate

Nope once the City fans started doing the ole for every pass it was enough for me. I hate watching City and dont like the possession based football but its seriously effective and impressive how good they are at it. Wonder if Pep fancies a new challenge and wants to save us from obscurity as we fast heading down the Liverpool road.
We crossed that road during the time of Ole. I don't think Liverpool were ever this devoid of fight or toothless against rivals.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
We crossed that road during the time of Ole. I don't think Liverpool were ever this devoid of fight or toothless against rivals.
They were languishing in mid table for 4 seasons and we are heading towards that again. I do agree though I dont think any team in the league has ever looked as poor on the pitch as we have, its embarassing to watch.

JagUTD

Almost everytime but switched off yesterday at 2-0. Had stuff to do and decided to get it done earlier than planned as I was knackered and wanted an early night. So switched to the radio in the car and following on my phone.

Probably a symptom of the Fergie era and the occasional throwback from the modern teams but I always have a part of me that says we could still get something here. Even when it's 7-0 and 2 minutes over the alloted stoppage time :lol:

Fitchett

Yes, I always stay in my seat to the very end. Did so in the 6-1 defeat to 116 FC in 2011 and again yesterday. My wife thinks that I am a masochist.

Sylar

Yes, I always stay in my seat to the very end. Did so in the 6-1 defeat to 116 FC in 2011 and again yesterday. My wife thinks that I am a masochist.
I was at the game. It was my birthday :( I stayed until the end, despite it being the worst Utd game ive ever been to. (I think it was the first loss I saw at Old trafford)
Ive never left Old Trafford early despite seeing a lot of dross shit post fergie.