Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

fiver

if our team still strive to score after 3-0 down,yes I keep watching.

nojcarter

I always watch/stay in the ground to the end, no real reason I just do it. More worrying is the lack of enthusiasm I have ahead of a game on TV or even when I have a ticket, just go through the motions. Don't even get that angry anymore

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I stayed watching at 3-0 but when they were just pummeling our goal and looking like they were gonna make it 4, 5, 6 I switched off and was pleasantly surprised to see it only ended 3-0. That must be the fourth or fifth time in recent years that our rivals have beaten us so badly that they can take the foot off the gas with 20+ minutes remaining.

Redlyn

When we are as likely to get a hiding as we are right now vs any good team, I don't stop watching at 3 goals. I just dont watch period.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I have zero guilt about turning off at 3-0 down, if I miss a mesmerising comeback then the only person it’ll hurt is me. At this point in my life, having actively supported United for 38 years (not that I am 38 years old but since my first United supporting memory) I’ve stuffed enough money, time and attention into this club to last a lifetime.

The last decade has worn thin, not because of the lack of success, but because of the era of corporate greed, incompetence, and wilful lack of strategic and sporting intent. The owners of the club a have neither the competence to run it, nor the interest or reverence for the fan base that any custodians of this great institution should have. So now I watch when I can be bothered, when it doesn’t conflict with family or parenting time, and when I have even a modicum of confidence that what I am about to see isn’t about to ruin my weekend.

For example, I skipped the derby this weekend. I was with my daughter at the hospital (nothing serious thank god) and I could’ve watched it on my phone, but I was pretty sure we’d get thrashed in inept fashion, and I wasn’t about to do anything other than be an upbeat and supportive figure for my little girl. So no United for me.

It wasn’t the losing 3-0 that would bother me. It was the manner and predictability of it. You know the infrastructure and culture is rotten from top to bottom. You know the people running it are completely incapable and disinterested in turning it around. So what’s the point in sticking the effort in? Especially emotionally.

If you have a losing team full of players who are giving their absolute best every week, and a club hierarchy who are attempting to build something meaningful, then you support the team through tough times, no matter what. But when you have whatever the feck this is…..players obviously not always giving a feck, a manager on a different page to the owners and sporting director, a sporting director with no track record of success or obvious competency for the role, demonstrable incompetence in the transfer market, and an entire sporting strategy built around social media clicks……then I think the general rules of being a die hard fan go out of the window.

I truly don’t know why people keep showing up to games in the droves they do, and keep buying the merchandise. They are just funding their own future misery. For my part I haven’t bought a shirt in over a decade, and I cancelled all my subscriptions to any official United content. I used to fly back home (from the US) at least once a year to attend a home game or two - at considerable expense - and I stopped doing that shortly after Fergie retired too.

I love United. I could go on for ages about what they mean to me and the role they’ve had in my life, but feck the owners, and because of that I have to say feck the club at this point. It’s nothing more than a mild passing interest at this point, until the owners go.

Offsideagain

I'm not sure our players were watching until the end, which came at half time I believe. Reports from 'someone close to the players' said that the players were still upset about the penalty decision and quoted Jonny Evans. Well if I was a player and got a shit decision it would just make be try harder as Haaland did when the Keano chants rang out. There is no spirit in this group of players. We will beat battered at Newcastle and I doubt they will get a result in Copenhagen either unless some minor miracle happens. I'm fed up with EtH rolloing out the same excuses week in and week out. We can see what's going on and don't need to be told 'We need to convert these chances'. He reckons we're on the up too. The next two weeks will be the proof of that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I didn't even watch the game. Not fussed about City and I already know the outcome. I had a much nicer Sunday just checking the score at full time and having that distance from it tbh whereas if I'd have watched I would have been miserable, frustrated and likely pissed off my partner :lol: And I don't really care how non top-reddy that is. I'm at the age and also current disillusionment with the game that I have started prioritising the rest of my life and not letting a 90 minute period I can't control affect my day.

wolvored

Depends where I am. If I am in the pub with mates then I have to stay as there are only two of us Utd fans and the piss take would be immense if I left. At home I have switched off at half time if we are being pummeled and 2/3 down. Especially if its a Brentford/Brighton, never mind City/Liverpool.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I didn't even watch the game. Not fussed about City and I already know the outcome. I had a much nicer Sunday just checking the score at full time and having that distance from it tbh whereas if I'd have watched I would have been miserable, frustrated and likely pissed off my partner :lol: And I don't really care how non top-reddy that is. I'm at the age and also current disillusionment with the game that I have started prioritising the rest of my life and not letting a 90 minute period I can't control affect my day.
I was somewhat similar, except I put it on my tablet on the arm of the sofa while watching a film. I also saw our back four and put a bet builder on which netted me £150 at full time.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Same.

pacifictheme

I don't let football matches get in the way of the rest of my life, as I am a father and have a busy schedule, but when I watch, like this weekend, then yeah I watch it all, no matter the result.

And I sit there hoping we will score and come back. Pathetic really.

doomy20

I went from structuring my weekends around Utd games to not even catching every game anymore. And I think after years and years of this mess it’s not surprising anymore that some fans lose passion. Not interest or support in general but passion and the amount of emotions they put into all of it

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I stayed watching the 7-0 against Liverpool so I'm not gonna turn off at 3-0 to City.

It is getting harder and harder though.

Killing me slowly, death by a thousand cuts.

Von Mistelroum

I used to, but not these days. Even pre-Ferguson there was a chance we'd put up a fight, but these days 3-0 is long dead for our cowardly players.

Ludens the Red

Literally did the same for exact same reasons.

Brighton 4-0 was the last straw for me. Swore I’d turn off games from then on in that got stupid. So turned off the 6-3 City at 3-0. Turned off Liverpool at 3-0 and this season vowed to not even bother to watch the games against City and Liverpool. Decision vindicated Sunday:

Yeah it might not be top reddy but I put it in the same bracket as what some players do when they’re injured/suspended and can’t bare watching the team.

Chairman Steve

It’s really not helped knowing the way the club is run is a total farce and the idiots running it will never change and never care. They are determined to keep repeating the cycle of the past decade.

I‘d watch if we played good football but we do anything but that this past decade or more. I’d argue we haven’t played consistently entertaining football since Queiroz was here.

Art

Art the artist
Pretty much this.

always_hoping

Sat through 6-1 beating to City in what was a near empty Old Trafford by the 5th, 6th goals so yeah 3-0 isn't hard to do.

Jeffthered

I do. Watch to the end, always. You can learn a lot about the players, and management when you're team are behind late in a game.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Literally did the same for exact same reasons.

Brighton 4-0 was the last straw for me. Swore I’d turn off games from then on in that got stupid. So turned off the 6-3 City at 3-0. Turned off Liverpool at 3-0 and this season vowed to not even bother to watch the games against City and Liverpool. Decision vindicated Sunday:

Yeah it might not be top reddy but I put it in the same bracket as what some players do when they’re injured/suspended and can’t bare watching the team.
Honestly have no idea how people watched the full games of the 6-3, 7-0 or 5-0. I turned all of those off at half time, or in the 7-0 case when it went to 3-0.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If I go to OT, I'll stay until the end. I park so far out that I gain very little from leaving early anyway.

At home I'm a lot less inclined to stay tuned if we don't look like we're in the game at all, and at 0-3 we just aren't. If I can claw back more time with the family/kids and stuff I will.

McTerminator

Bravo, went off for me when the penalty was granted.

Wayne's World

Couldn't care less anymore. Nothing is going to change with these set of players who weren't good enough under Van Gael nevermind Ten Hag

King Eric 7

It's still on but paying a bit less attention. If this was a league game, it would be off I reckon, but I'm not too bothered about this cup competition. It's just sad to watch the team this disjointed and uninterested.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I've struggled to concentrate on a match ever since LvG's time. I don't actually fall asleep like I did then but something is missing. Irrespective of how we're playing, and the same watching other clubs, he killed something. Still on the telly, but fecking around doing other stuff at the same time.

madzo2007

Losing doesn't effect me for days like it used to when I was younger under Fergie but I have never switched off a game until the end.

I even watched the full analysis of the loss to Liverpool last season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I usually don't switch off, today I will. I have limited time not working and it's not worth watching some millionaire wasters stink up the pitch

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Losing doesn't effect me for days like it used to when I was younger under Fergie but I have never switched off a game until the end.

I even watched the full analysis of the loss to Liverpool last season.
That game was the start of the downfall.

Jamesh

So how do we support our club if we can't even watch them on TV? I go to a few games each season when I can, but surely the hardship of keeping the TV on isn't much? Do we just want to have bragging rights over our rival fans at work?

I do admit leaving an amateurs match at 0-5 down with 5 mins to go. Ended up 0-6.

Pyro19

I enjoy not watching United play tumescent football which is all we do unfortunately. I don't think I will be catching another match until we get in a new manager

skc_18

Not sure how many have this feeling, but some times I feel we lose when I watch.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Again I know this team too well. I can tell you how the game will go based on the first five minutes. Turned it off and had lovely evening instead.