Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

Sauldogba

Turned off at 2-0.
Game was over.
If the style of football is good i dont mind continuing to watch.
Under Fergie I would watch but this shower of shit?
Nah.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Kept watching. Seen too many miracles to not be there when they happen.
Not that I had much faith last night...

AfroBuffalo

I kept watching but was playing footy manager and not giving too much attention, was a shit show.

Bocca9978

Of course I watched till the end.

Think it has to go down as a must. Why would you switch off and call yourself a fan?

dogwithabone

At 3-0 on aggregate I kept watching in hope that a goal back with 25 minutes to go would only then require a set piece or break away to get it to 3-2 and then Barcelona would really be sh*tting themselves.

Not to be though. 4-0 on aggregate and switched over to Ajax. Briefly switched back at the exact moment Sanchez had his header saved. That was a good passage of play - nice cross, cracking diving header and one of the best saves I’ve seen this season.

lsd

The Oracle
Turned over at 1.0 . I didn't like the team we chose and had no confidence in us doing anything after they scored.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I watched until the very end but literally only because I needed Young to get carded to win my request-a-bet! He gets booked nearly every game but even managed to let me down on that as well. Great night for me :rolleyes:

Krits

I watched till the 89th minute at which point I had to take a shit and didn’t think I’d be missing much by going and taking said shit.

Still watch in hopes of seeing some player doing something slightly positive and last night that was Alexis. Though I don’t have hopes it will account to much.

Surprisingly, last night, I felt bad for our players. We got schooled in how to manage games once you take the lead and I felt they must be thinking, ‘there is no way we can replicate this’

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any other day, I would have watched the entire 90 mins, I did watch the entire Pool loss as well (Mou's last game), Spurs 3-0 loss at OT and all. But yesterday, I switched to the Ajax game as there was still a game there.

UTDbornfan

I switched off the T.V and went upstairs after the 2nd goal, but there was hope in my heart so i checked the score like every 2 minutes until the end.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I watched the full match yesterday, but I walked out on us when we went 2-0 down to City last season. I was on holiday and didn't want to waste my time in Budapest watching us get utterly bummed in a bar, but yes it was hugely embarrassing to skulk back in when we were at 2-2.

Danny Roberts

At what point or if at all, do you stop watching?

Be honest.
I don't understand why anyone would ever not watch a game to the end, not least because anything can happen in football (OK, not anything, but teams have come back from 4-0 in the last 20 minutes before). I especially don't understand when people leave the ground early. They should be banned. To save 5 minites in traffic you might miss the best bit of the whole game? Morons.

Member 93275

Not sure why these matches are played at the same time anyway, instead of an early and late evening match so we can watch both, which also seems commercially more interesting for the tv companies and UEFA. It's not like there's an advantage to an early or late winner.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Being completely honest, I turned to Juve-Ajax by 65 minutes or so. First time I’ve ever stopped watching a United game.

Mainly because we were not going to do a comeback and the other game sounded more intriguing.

I had updates on my phone though so if we had scored one, I’d have switched it back to United.

Varun

Staff
Depends on the time.

A usual kick off and I watch till the end, can't get myself not to.

CL games start past midnight here so I went to bed at HT (1:15 am here) and ended up following the game on phone anyway. Got so irritated that I couldn't sleep till well past 3 :lol:

frosteeeh21

Only ever stopped watching two games, but they were both very late in the day. After Middlesbrough scored to make it 4-0 in 2004 and after the 5th went in when City beat us 6-1.

Missed various games for non-footballing reasons mind

Ekeke

Yes. Normally.

However I fell asleep at half time last night so I still need to catch up on the 2nd half :D

Shark

@NotShark
I don't honestly get why some fans couldn't bare to watch, as if what occurred on the pitch was deeply shocking. It wasn't shocking at all to me, even the De Gea blunder. I've to to expect all of that from this squad of players and individual errors are our speciality. No alarms, no surprises.

Member 115509

Being completely honest, I turned to Juve-Ajax by 65 minutes or so. First time I’ve ever stopped watching a United game.

Mainly because we were not going to do a comeback and the other game sounded more intriguing.

I had updates on my phone though so if we had scored one, I’d have switched it back to United.
This. I have to be honest, I felt guilty doing so, but a few minutes after the third goal last night, I turned over also. I feared a humiliation coming.
Juventus-Ajax was a great game. Had Juventus been ahead by a few goals, I might not have bothered. IIRC, this is the first time I have done this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Never, ever leave the ground early or stop standing even.

Never, ever switch off either.

Always seems to be those who shout the loudest about players not worth their wages and not playing for the shirt, who are most prone to not really showing any commitment as a fan either. I get for some people, football is more pure entertainment, but understand that football for some too is just a well paid job.

Pughnichi

Wife watching Sabrina at 1945 last night asks ‘what do you fancy watching tonight’ I told her ‘ooooh maybe the new game of thrones episode unless you fancy Utd v Barca in the champs league’ she then said ‘I don’t mind if you want to watch the game you know’ to which my genuine response was ‘I can’t bare to watch us get dominated for 90 mins, have 12% possession and likely lose 3-0. Let’s crack on with GoT’ I’m not even ashamed to admit I didn’t watch us vs Barca in champs league. We’re feckin terrible and it brings me no joy but instead just puts me in a foul mood to the detriment of my family. I hope for a clear out this summer.

grahamo

I watched till the end. I knew we wouldn't win but I was hoping some of those players would step up and at least make it a respectable scoreline. I think Barcelona identified Young as a weak link and put him under constant pressure. Pogba and Young were terrible. Dalot looked lively. sanchez looked like a new player. Martial was very underwhelming. When is he going to turn into the player we all know he can be? Major work to be done to get back anywhere near the levels of an SAF team. If these players don't wanna be United players then please step aside and give someone else a go.

At 3-0 on aggregate I kept watching in hope that a goal back with 25 minutes to go would only then require a set piece or break away to get it to 3-2 and then Barcelona would really be sh*tting themselves.

Not to be though. 4-0 on aggregate and switched over to Ajax.
This.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No. I listened, right to the bitter end.
That was not easy I can assure you because I had to put up with the insane summary and idiotic ranting from Robbie Savage.
But Manchester United are my passion so it was a small sacrifice.

Saffron

”Do you keep watching when we’re losing?”

”Is it fine if Liverpool win the league?”

”Was Jose actually right all along?”

These questions lately are getting on my nerves.

Drifter

American
Yes till the bitter end . Imagine if match going fans just decided halve way through that they were off to watch Ajax. Support the team.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
After 2-0 as Ajax's game had much better commentators and was still wide open.

NoLogo

I had Ajax vs Juve on the second screen until the 3-0 where both games switched places. If there is no other interesting game on I usually end up doing some stuff while still watching the game with one eye unless I'm watching in the pub of course, which happens less and less these days.