Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

GazTheLegend

I was listening while doing other things once the coutinho goal went in.

I would have carried on watching if it was just a case of Barcelona playing scintillating football but they really weren’t that good, I don’t know if that makes things better or even worse...

Can’t call yourself a fan if you are only around for the good times though.

Reddy Rederson

Watched all the way, always do like a right mug. Should have went for the ajax game. I dont care about losing, everybody loses at somepoint, its the woeful effort that gets to me. Get outplayed, fair enough. Dont even bother to try, cnuts.

Reddy Rederson

I would have carried on watching if it was just a case of Barcelona playing scintillating football but they really weren’t that good, I don’t know if that makes things better or even worse...

I think anyone still around after the past six years can quite safely be counted as fans. God damn troopers in fact. The football has been so shocking for so long. As you said, barca werent even that good. Its just that we were that shit. They sucked me in with starting very well. I though, aye aye, we might be in for a great game here. giving a sliver of hope was fecking evil.

Hughes35

Usually watch until the end. CL games kick off 11 or 12pm here so I did turn off at half time last night to go to bed.

Probably for the best.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am actually sitting through not just this game but recent games to get a reality check, just so I am not under any illusion that everything is fine and dandy.

joedirt87

I did yesterday because the Juve Ajax game was much more entertaining and close. but not normally, instead i sit there and take the pain.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I watch until the end. A psychiatrist would probably have a field day with those of us that do though.
I switched to Juve - Ajax during the second half. Wonder what the psyc would say about that.

Jacob

You aren’t a real united fan if you walk out the ground or turn it off when you’re getting beat, just shows you’re a glory hunter tbh. Too many soft people on here won’t tell it how it is.
As I've grown I've come to realise my self image as fan is worthless. Nowadays I just watch football to be entertained. If I'm not, I do something else with my time.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Stopped at the 80th minute. But it was almost 4 am. N i still checked the score aftrr 10 minutes hoping we nicked 1 or 2 goals.

RedNed77

I often really really want to switch off and will sit cursing at the tv with my finger hovering over the off button. Don’t usually do it though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Usually, yes, but I did watch the last 10 mins of Juve v Ajax instead last night as it was a lot more interesting.

UTDbornfan

Can't call yourself a fan if you're not hurt by watching your team crumble after 2 horrific and painful mistakes that it pains you to watch any more?

KristianMackle

I'll be honest and say I stopped watching after 2. I had no interest in watching Barca practice. I spent the rest of the time marveling at Ajax's brilliance and watching with great envy as a club run by people with a passion for football made waves on the biggest stage of European football.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I watched it all, but lost focus a bit. Although jumped up a bit when I did think Sanchez had scored. We had some good attack even if the effort got reduced and Barca had fun mostly.

It has been such a bad season though that there is so many times you watch and feel shit.

Eli Zee

You aren’t a real united fan if you walk out the ground or turn it off when you’re getting beat, just shows you’re a glory hunter tbh. Too many soft people on here won’t tell it how it is.
Not necessarily... if you’re done 4-0 on aggregate, and your team is literally playing defense the whole time, what’s the point in watching on the television?

No one will know you’ve changed the channel. Why watch a game you know is lost? If you support the team after the last few years we’ve had, and sometimes change the channel when a game is clearly lost, that doesn’t really make you a glory hunter.... just means you have better things to do with your time than watch a game you lost already

starman

Don't see how you can be a "supporter" of a team if you can't stomach the bad times.
Maybe a fair-weather one...

GazTheLegend

I think anyone still around after the past six years can quite safely be counted as fans. God damn troopers in fact. The football has been so shocking for so long. As you said, barca werent even that good. Its just that we were that shit. They sucked me in with starting very well. I though, aye aye, we might be in for a great game here. giving a sliver of hope was fecking evil.
Yes...

This year is like the point of low fortune in a horror film

Liverpool immense
Man City quadruple
Leeds about to come back
Negative anti football for half a season
Converted right wingers at left back

It’s been terrible

Ibrahimorich

I stopped watching at half time. I kept listening though but I wanted to do something vaguely productive with my time

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Watched it till the end as I always do, went outside and kicked my neighbours cat as I usually do, got another 4 cans out of the fridge and watched it again minus the emotion as I always do win, lose or draw, but then i'm a top red, always have been.

ps. The cat is fine, a little dazed, but it was expecting it....

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Never turned off a match in 15 years.

City at home 6-1 and the last day of the season in 2010, when we needed Chelsea to draw or lose were closest.

Fulham away when we started a 3 at the back with Richie De Lat another shout haha.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I had to get up very early this morning and at kick off said I'd go to bed as soon as Barca scored their third. I did

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
The second goal we gifted to them made me switch over in disgust, but I did switch back and watch most of the rest in the end.

I started watching the Ajax game simultaneously when we went 2-0 down, at 3-0 I shut the United game off.

Its way too frustrating for me, and watching Ajax at times play the socks off a Juve defence in Turin was a breathe of fresh air.
I turned to the Ajax Juve game after Barca scored their 2nd.

Watching Ajax play good football with young players (on a fraction of United's budget) hits home how shite United are as a club both on and off the field.

United don't deserve 4th either this year. If anything i hope we plummet down the table next season if it forced proper changes at the club

AgentP

I watched till 3-0 then switched to the Ajax game. Usually I stop watching games when we are getting thrashed. I stopped watching the Manchester derby after City scored their third.

Once a team has got the third goal, they start showboating and passing it around and basically taking the mickey. I'd rather not watch that embarrassment.

This never happened under Fergie though. Even the 6-1 loss to City and the 4-1 loss to Liverpool I didn't mind watching till the end.

rpitchfo

Fell asleep not long after the third...I usually watch till the end but it’s half term and I’d spent the day at a planet bounce so was shattered.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Left the pub after the second goal as I had a very early start and the clocks are 2 hours ahead over here. I’ve never stopped watching before, it felt weird but made sense. We were never getting anything after that.

FlapR

Stopped watching properly after 2-0 last night. Went off and did other stuff I needed to do around the flat. No wasting my time watching shite.

Kristian S

I switched over to the Ajax game as soon as the second goal went in. I am a United fan, but I watch football to be entertained. That Ajax team is playing some of the best football in the world right now. Crazy to think that their combined wages are probably not much more than Sanchez's

AgentP

True that. After going through such a successful period in our history, it's hard to watch the current mediocrity. Fergie spoilt us too much. I started watching football from 2004. Fergie gave me 8 glorious years. But now it's been 6 years of this shambles and I don't think we'll ever be as dominant as were before.

It makes me think. What should be the ambition of the club and the fans. Most of us are still expecting us to get back to the Fergie level of domination. We need to temper our expectations I feel. That doesn't mean fighting for top 4 but being happy with a title once in 3-4 years maybe.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
”Do you keep watching when we’re losing?”

”Is it fine if Liverpool win the league?”

”Was Jose actually right all along?”

These questions lately are getting on my nerves.
To be fair if you read the responses here it’s quite mixed. And I think all the replies here are fair.

The question in my OP specifically for when we’re 3-0 down. Please don’t try and twist that.

Kapardin

If we were at the ground, yes, we should stick till the end. But what's the point of watching past minute 80 on TV when we were 4 down on aggregate? Not like the players can feel our moral support through the TV screen.

In any case, I kept the match on but muted it and started streaming Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths on my laptop.

EDIT: So put off by football and our result though that I am not even watching today's CL games. Just following the scores. Which makes the cracking City-Spurs game going on at the moment even more infuriating for me.