Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

Flexdegea

Yep I always watch to the death. Got to take the shite with the good......not much good these days to be fair

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I dont know why but I do, like a psycho. Or the captain going down with their ship.

mjstokes85

I always watch until the end, I'm not paying too much attention at this point, but I hope in some sort of way the Karma for watching this utter shower will pave the way for something good to come :lol:

RepardReece

Turned off after the first goal, after seeing we clearly weren't going to put any effort in. If the players aren't going to try, why should I bother watching?

Pathetic bunch this lot.

el3mel

I kept watching today because it was hilarious. That's my current state with Man United, losing stopped being annoying and started to become funny.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I watched to the end today because I didnt really care. Turned it off the other week when we went 2 down against Liverpool though because its just not worth the way it makes me feel.

Turned it off. Spent my time playing with the kid instead and felt miles better.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Yes, but in a twisted, semi-delirious, anger where I hope we get twatted 7-0 so that at least the shame bring about some change in this club.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes even against Liverpool both times. Although I am on the phone and complain with friends or on CAF so not watching fully focused.

Kassadin

Nope. Our slump had made me lose interest in football altogether. I'd tune in for the start of most games before dejectedly turning off the TV. I don't watch or follow any other matches either. At this point I get all of my football news and events from browsing RedCafe.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The only 2 occasions where I did so where quite recent actually, the second dubbing by pool and and the Brighton game where it just became too much, it would be something if players at least gave a damn but their sheer impudence and my own personal situation at the moment just made me think it's not worth it.

MalaysianRed7

Yes even against Liverpool both times. Although I am on the phone and complain with friends or on CAF so not watching fully focused.
Exactly this. I mentally switch off when it gets to 3-0, or 2-0 against the top sides. Have finished every game this season though.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
At what point or if at all, do you stop watching?

Be honest.
Before this season I watched to the end. The last half dozen games I haven’t even watched, I just catch highlights later. I checked out on this season a month or so ago. I’m more invested in next season rather than continue watching the shite the current manager is feeding us

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The famous day at Spurs, I felt if we scored early in the second half, that we could get back in the game. True I didn't expect to score five!

On the flip side, many years ago when we went three down at Palace (Don Rogers era), I wanted to leave but my dad insisted on staying. When the fourth went in, he said it was time to go. As we got out of the stadium, Palace got a fifth. This remains one of only two times I've left a game early (the other was when I had to be on a train out of Manchester before 5.30). I sat through a 6-0 defeat at Portman Road a few days before we appeared in the FA Cup final...

United Hobbit

I've come close to switching off a few times this season but never quite brought myself to do so

This changed during that complete and utter atrocity against Brighton. Off the TV went as they scored their 3rd. Decision justified as the hateful bunch conceded yet again

If they don't care why should I

I'd love to see us play the FA youth Cup winning team at the weekend, plus Ronaldo, they'll be a breath of fresh air. We all know the same dross will be wheeled out though

Can't wait to watch our shirt stealers stroll round as City capitulate, handing Liverpool the league and matching our 20 titles, en route to their inevitable quadruple. My already high levels of hatred at our players will go off the scale.

Robin

Talking of that Spurs game back in the early 2000’s, I watched it in the pub on a dodgy box, as you did back then. They scored the 3rd in first half injury time and I was tempted to go home. The difference back then was we were a good side so I waited and Cole scored our first in the 46th minute. Turned out alright in the end. Of course nearly the same at OT when we went 2 down and won 5-2., much better when you’re in the ground.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I can barely bring myself to watch when we're winning. I feel nothing for these players and this shit on a stick football. I'll watch the Youth Games all day long though.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I don't switch if off but I think nothing of doing other shite instead of properly watching it. Spent most of the Brighton match decorating, and during the second Liverpool atrocity I was trying and abjectly failing to fix a washing machine. Wasn't entirely sure by the end whether it was the football or the botched DIY that had me feeling like I was going to keel over with a rage-induced heart attack.

Lentwood

Yes, don't have any issue with it personally. I have made this point many times but my interest in football and United is no longer intrinsically linked to us being a successful team, necessarily.

What I mean by that is that in my teens and early 20s when I used to go to every single home game, I cared immensely, almost to the point whereby I wouldn't really enjoy the majority of our games. It sounds strange to say it but I'd sit there each week just ticking games off in my head..."that's another game won, one step closer to a title". I can't remember many standout moments, despite seeing us win multiple league titles.

In fact, the games that do standout where games where there was some form of adversity or an obstacle to overcome. Like being 0-2 at home vs Spurs, 0-1 down vs Blackburn in the title run-in, losing 1-4 to Liverpool at home, beating Roma 7-1 after the infamous away leg etc...

I try to take something out of every game I watch. Even now, if we get battered, I sit and just observe how certain players react. It's interesting to see who gives up, who keeps their head, who over-compensates, who starts gesticulating to the 'audience' etc...Ultimately, it's not going to ruin my weekend anymore. Bulls**t quotes aside, you grow up and *should* come to realise their are more important things in life than a bunch of millionaires you have never met kicking a bag of wind into a net.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've still got it on. Wouldn't say I'm watching it though.

Seen that McTominay's second touch is still a foul so..

ExoduS

I don't watch our games since last year unless I I'm really bored. Can't do it. Too much sorrow .

Erics_Collar

I do, and it becomes a bit perverse. There's so many players I dislike out there that I get a strange satisfaction from seeing them get embarrassed. It's like, if we're going to lose, may as well have this shower of shite suffer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I usually do but today I didn't. And to be honest I'm contemplating changing how I watch our games for a bit. Maybe I'll keep it on at the side rather than being glued to it. I used to be able to not take our bad results too seriously but these last couple really have hit hard. Probably because I somehow had expectations. Now I'll just follow it casually (maybe game alongside) to keep my sanity. As the worst part is that I can't stand this bunch of players anymore. feck them.