Does anyone else really despise Real Madrid?

Philadelphian

Hate them, but I actually find sports more interesting when there is an "anyone but them" sentiment going into a final. Problem here is that Barca also occupies that space so I hope Juve do the job tonight.

Skills

Snitch
I like them. Great club, and footballs better off with them than without them.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I love to hate them. It wouldn't be the same without them.

I dislike Barca more. I'm used to Real, they've been the same since I can remember and arrogance suits them. Barca used to be a decent club when I was a kid but recent success ruined them. They just can't pull off the "you hate us because we're the best" attitude, as Real can.

Last edited:

izec

Most successful club. Barca obviously are jealous. I would hate them too, winning another CL must be hard to swallow

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The only way to beat Madrid is to be much better than them, like we were from 2006-2015. If you are on par or slightly better than them (like Bayern yesterday), you don't stand a chance because the referees will never allow them to lose.

Art

Art the artist
The only way to beat Madrid is to be much better than them, like we were from 2006-2015. If you are on par or slightly better than them (like Bayern yesterday), you don't stand a chance because the referees will never allow them to lose.
Do you not see the irony in your posts?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I dont mind them but dont want them to be the first club to win UCL twice in a row.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Despise them? Not at all.
Like them? Neither like nor dislike them.
I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me.
What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me.
What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
:lol:

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
I hate both Real and Barca, always diving around and manipulating the referee and crowding the refs to force them to make a decision. Real Madrid used to be my second favourite team, but I stopped supporting them after that CL match
where Nani was sent off.

Nero

Vile club. A tuft of rectal pubic hair coated with congealed monkey vomit.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Very annoying fans, constantly whistling and booing (even their top scorer and player)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
In my humble opinion, Madrid and Barcelona certainly have a big advantage over most other clubs. Not just in the way they play but the fact they have a major pull in the South American Market because of the weather/language etc. We had the silly foreigners rule but also our league IS more competitive. There is no dominating teams (at the minute anyway) in terms of in the transfer market or winning trophies in England. When United were on top, it was always a battle but ultimately a great manager and great players did well and we should have won more European Trophies. Some of the ties we lost.....

But in general I think it's perfectly set up for Barcelona or Madrid to dominate because they have a lot of advantages over us. I'm not saying the Spanish league isn't competitive - but those two 9/10 will finish in the top 2 for the foreseeable future. Where as in the premiership, the talent is scattered around more and it is very difficult for teams to dominate because very rarely teams give in. We're not as technical - more physical and we have no winter break. The FA etc don't give a shit about English teams in Europe. So I don't like them because the conditions are not there to sustain dominance. They're incredibly lucky and that Nani sending off still isn't a sending off....

Varun

Staff
I find their fans here on the Caf much more bearable than the Barca ones and to an extent the Bayern ones as well. That's one thing they have going for them. Moreover, unlike Barca, they don't pretend to be anything more than they are which is good. They are the biggest club in the world imo and I really want to see us get back to that level asap.

Kostur

海尔的老板
@Vato you won't believe what I saw, I saw this pack of guys and they act real hard.

I hate them both by the way, Barcelona and RM.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No, don't hate them. Don't hate any club really....

Brought up by my Dad to understand what Real did for United after Munich, which was massively important at the time..... more than the FA, more than British clubs did (or other foreign clubs). As a result, they start with more brownie points that a lot of clubs.

Now I get that something from almost 50 years ago shouldn't override everything/current events but I've generally been fine with them.... they've done plenty of things that aren't great but so have LOADS of clubs? They've bought players from us.... so have other clubs (maybe not the same grade of player granted) and United have taken players from other clubs for ages.

Tbh, the media love in for Barca annoys me ..... yes, one of the best club sides I've ever seen but it's like they can do no wrong since, shown by the PSG game being "the greatest comeback ever" and last night's game being "robbery".

Do I despise Madrid... No. Do I despise Barca/anyone.... No (though Barca annoy me and I'd get completely wrecked if City, Chelsea or Liverpool got relegated).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They were easier to like when their policy of 'buying the most expensive players in the world then shoehorning them into an unbalanced team' didn't win them multiple European cups.

Although it's not their fault they benefit from terrible refereeing so often, it's difficult not to feel some animosity towards them when they consistently play-act and cheat their way through the biggest games. I only watch them at CL level so I might be wrong, and I guess if you're going to dislike them for that you might as well chuck in several other teams, right?

I'm probably also a little annoyed subconsciously that their attempt to have their very own Pep, i.e 'appoint a bald club legend and hope for the best' has worked so well for them, and they seem to transcend managerial appointments and keep challenging at the very top while United are put back several years from their managerial changes. Obviously a simplified point, but it still irks me.

The bottom line for me is; historically there's a great deal to admire and our two clubs seem to have a mutual respect, albeit it's soured in recent years through their scouting tactics and general arsery. I don't hate them, but they're a lot less likeable than they used to be.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
No, don't hate them. Don't hate any club really....

Brought up by my Dad to understand what Real did for United after Munich, which was massively important at the time..... more than the FA, more than British clubs did (or other foreign clubs). As a result, they start with more brownie points that a lot of clubs.

Now I get that something from almost 50 years ago shouldn't override everything/current events but I've generally been fine with them.... they've done plenty of things that aren't great but so have LOADS of clubs? They've bought players from us.... so have other clubs (maybe not the same grade of player granted) and United have taken players from other clubs for ages.

Tbh, the media love in for Barca annoys me ..... yes, one of the best club sides I've ever seen but it's like they can do no wrong since, shown by the PSG game being "the greatest comeback ever" and last night's game being "robbery".

Do I despise Madrid... No. Do I despise Barca/anyone.... No (though Barca annoy me and I'd get completely wrecked if City, Chelsea or Liverpool got relegated).
:eek: Dippers?

el3mel

Why do I hate them? They aren't a competitor with us on any competition. In fact I prefer them to Barca as many players I loved played for them, Becham , Both Ronaldos and Zidane. I don't think I have loved any player who played for Barca other than Henry and Ronaldinho .

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
They're currently in my dislike category. Top 4 are largely interchangeable.

Dislike - Real Madrid
Hate - Arsenal
Detest - Man City
Loathe - Leeds
Abhor - Liverpool

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I don't even remember creating this thread lol. A bunch of cnuts no doubt and incredibly lucky to boot. Them and Barca get so many decisions in their favour while we get bent over and fecked. Of course this was when we actually qualified for these things:(

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I have been watching football for a long time and one of the beliefs I have is that to be a great team that lasts through history, you have to best a Real Madrid side. It's one of those unwritten rules in European football.

My father always told me that Ajax was still not given their due in the 70s despite winning 2 European Cups in always row until we went to the Santiago Bernabeu and beat them, with Gerrie Muhren doing kick ups and the team got a standing ovation.

They are the gate holders of greatness. Even after the Champions League win under King Louis in 1995, we were still seen as lucky Ajax till we went to theheeihehe Santiago Bernabeu and dominated Real Madrid in a game King Louis called his only perfect game. The team got a standing applause and eulogies were written about us all over Europe.

Sacchi's Milan routed a Real Madrid side, Pep Guardiola defeated them in 2011 in the semi finals, Helenio Herrera Inter Milan that utilised the often misrepresented Catenaccio defeated a Real Madrid side in their dying embers.

Even the great Celtic team of the 60s got no recognition after winning the European cup in 1967 till they bested Real Madrid in aide friendly the season after, with Jimmy Johnstone being a standout performer winning.

The great Benfica of Eusebio and Bela Guttmann are also regarded as an all time club side because they bested Real Madrid in their dominant cycle.

Real Madrid are the standard bearers of European football. Only under Mourinho, who dragged the clubs reputation into the netherworld did I ever have a distaste for them.

Defeating them is key to being in the embers of history.