Does The Netherlands have a fan/hooliganism problem?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Footballers in stadiums don't generally attack security staff for no reason, also they very rarely if ever kick locked doors down just to get to their bus!??

Something more afoot here, why was a door locked blocking their path to the bus? Why was the bus leaving hampered? Why were the Legia players hot with batons? Why did the Legia president get assaulted by police?
The closed door was normal procedure for all matches at the stadion. The police entered the players bus to arrest the 2 players when the other alterations took place with other staff on board of the bus. The arrested players themselves are clearly unharmed as the pictures show and the member of the security staff is seriously ill in hospital. That’s what we know for now.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Are you serious? This whole thread is about a rise of issue with hooligans in the Netherlands and there has been multiple issues of local fans clashing with police in the last years - googling Netherlands hooligans police clash is already good enough, so I spare myself linking this stuff. And tbh I believe it's a bigger issue in the Netherlands than in Poland right now.
Yes, but a different kind of clashes. Fans rushing the riot police before the match has even started is a very different thing - although Feyenoord fans like that sort of thing abroad sometimes.
How often do you really see players arrested? All I was saying that hooligan stuff and arrests happen, it's part of the game even if we try to eradicate it. To go after players and club staff feels like a low blow and nothing but a cowardice (which in all honesty I generally expect from policemen all around the world)
Again, the police arresting players here appears the be a separate story, about player behaviour inside the stadium after the match.

You can't just generalize this way. It doesn't explain anything.

Edit: To be clear, I absolutely do think the Netherlands have a hooliganism problem. I have posted on that in this thread as well, on how I think it's tied in with a wider issue in Dutch society. But I think none of that explains why Legia fans rushed the riot place before the match yesterday, or why Dutch police decided two arrest two Legia players after the match.

Last edited: