Dominik Szoboszlai | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

but I'm surprised to see a bit team go for him because I don't think he's quite developed into a world class player yet. But then again he's still young at 22.
that’s probably why a big team has gone in for him - to get him while he’s still relatively attainable and help him make the step up?

zaafi

Seems like a very risky signing. I don't think he'll be a huge success but he absolutely is an upgrade on what they've got. Not too bothered about this.

Personally, I don't think he's better than Milinkovic-Savic, for example.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Honestly why the feck are you signing Mount? He is such a meh player. I’m surprised you didn’t go for Maddison for the price.
Because off the ball work is equally important in a system. Maddison is a highlights player. Mount is a system player who will give you at least 7/10 most weeks

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
that’s probably why a big team has gone in for him - to get him while he’s still relatively attainable and help him make the step up?
I would understand that if the price were lower, 70 mil is not a low price.

SAFMUTD

Great talent but we all know how players look in the Bundesliga. Hopefully turns out a complete fraud.

SATA

FM legend but I don’t know how he plays exactly on the pitch. I watched some of Hungary games and can say I haven’t noticed him much on the pitch. I always hear his name being brought up though when people talk about the best current players on his national team

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
70m . People were crying we paid 55 for Mount.
Same position, almost similar age .

Oh no, it's Liverpool so definitely they can't be wrong. Brilliant value !
He price is the same, both £60m. The 70m is €.

Szoboszlai is very good, not seen enough of mount to compare/comment about him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saw this reported in the paper as being a far lower fee than we paid for Mount.
Even the press that love to hype up our transfer fees surely can't hype it up that way.

acolyte

Honestly why the feck are you signing Mount? He is such a meh player. I’m surprised you didn’t go for Maddison for the price.
Because we don't need a flashy hit-or-miss attacking midfielder to create chances, we have someone better for that who never misses a game. What we need is a positionally aware hard working midfielder who's tactically versatile and can fill gaps left by footballing anarchist Bruno Fernandes.

eire-red

good player, but im not really understanding why we aren't targeting a 6. The majority of our problems last season were off the ball in midfield and defensively.
I thought he was more a pure 10 to be honest, so maybe a change of shape for you guys. But then MacAllister doesn't really make sense if that's the case.

Defo think you need a bit more steel in that midfield though. Kalvin Phillips be worth a sneaky bid seeing as he can't get a game at City. Excelled in that high tempo game under Bielsa.. not too dissimilar to how Klopp likes to play.

RuudTom83

None of the English media will know who he is so the Klopp/Liverpool cliché will be used...plus if he fails then no big deal its all being paid for with the Coutinho transfer fee.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Haven't seen a game of him like ever but he was an absolute beast on FIFA20 career mode, I'll say that much.

dinostar77

Tifo I R L just did a sensible transfers video for liverpool and were gushing with praise for this lad. Able to play 8/10/11/7 and as a false 9. Helluva shot on him and from long range. Technically very good and skilful. They said he will probably give Liverpool what peak Coutinho gave them. High praise indeed.

A one man army for hungary national team.

Honestly, ive never heard of him, but it will be interesting to see who ends up being the better attacking right side of a 3 in midfield number 8 (where liverpool will play him) between him and mason mount.

Eplel

Fabinho is finished. I suspect Liverpool are not done in midfield because if their plan is to start Fabinho weekly they are in trouble.
He was done the moment refs realised it's actually allowed to card him.

redIndianDevil

Tifo I R L just did a sensible transfers video for liverpool and were gushing with praise for this lad. Able to play 8/10/11/7 and as a false 9. Helluva shot on him and from long range. Technically very good and skilful. They said he will probably give Liverpool what peak Coutinho gave them. High praise indeed.

A one man army for hungary national team.

Honestly, ive never heard of him, but it will be interesting to see who ends up being the better attacking right side of a 3 in midfield number 8 (where liverpool will play him) between him and mason mount.

I'd be happy if he only gave them peak Coutinho.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Surely more teams than just Liverpool was in for him? He’s downgraded to play for a Europa league team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mount excels at nothing, just seems so bland. Where does he fit for n your midfield with Bruno?
If that is the case Szoboszlai doesn’t excel at anything either considering link up play, quality on the turn, intelligence, off the ball effectiveness obviously mean nothing. Mount has been player of the year at Chelsea twice. It may not be the Balon Dor but it takes a good player to be that - something the Liverpool signing is yet to prove he can do.

cyberman

True, Liverpool usually get there transfers right though and it’s a league that Klopp knows well.
Must be why they need an immediate overhaul in their misfield because of all their correct transfers over the years?
I don’t know if this means anything but would two transfers being buy out clauses be a factor in these moves? As in they might not have been first choices by Klopp but it’s an easier way to manage their budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if their new CB would be by a buy out clause as well

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t say I’ve ever seen the guy play but I’m excited nonetheless.

Now, we just need to add some steel to the midfield.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Must be why they need an immediate overhaul in their misfield because of all their correct transfers over the years?
I don’t know if this means anything but would two transfers being buy out clauses be a factor in these moves? As in they might not have been first choices by Klopp but it’s an easier way to manage their budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if their new CB would be by a buy out clause as well
Why I said usually. Last season was a mess for them. They’ve abandoned the midfield for years just like we have. But ye that’s true, buy out clauses are an easier way to manage budgets. It’s a bonus if it’s a decent player for not that much though.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I remember in PES he was player of the week around a national team outing just before his transfer to Leipzig. He was an orchestrator CM - who could even play DM I think - in that version of his player card and absolutely amazing for that role. Since his transfer to Leipzig he seems much more of a 10 who is utilized as a winger and I still have difficulty coping with his stat balance not being a creative CM/DM. Yes, that is all based on a lacky video game's iteration of him.

But, since he's going to Klopperpool, do you think he'll use him as a CM, 10 or as a winger? Do you think with him and MacAllister, the inverted TAA role stops? It does make me kind of curious if that will be the case, because it is nice to see someone with the talents of TAA shine, no matter who they play for. But there is a good chance Szoboszlai and MacAllister take away the success of that setup, in favor of another's.

daba

Standard media ignoring add-ons to paint Liverpool as master transfer strategists

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Deal done, interesting signing?
State of that photoshop.

Why people can’t just use actual photos is beyond me. First reveals of the player in the shirt should really be reserved for them actually in it.

Dweeby shits on the internet mocking these up needs to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.